Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Theres no way the Flyers are running with 4 goalies right? And don't all of them require waivers except Hart? They're gonna waive 2 goalies today?

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Foligno and Beleskey can be 2/3rds of the Rangers 4th line next year, one of the most expensive 4th lines in the league. They can bring back McLeod to complete it.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Do you guys think we give Beleskey a shot when his contract expires, on a much cheaper deal? I feel the only reason he hasn't been playing NHL hockey is because of his contract. I really liked him in preseason.

Reactions: Kovalev27

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I like Beleskey I feel he should have been on the team all year. I’d like to see him on the 4th line next season for sure.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Beleskey Lias Fast would be a great fourth line next year. And that’s not saddling Lias with no talent. Those are solid players to help him into the league.

Reactions: leetch99

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Fast, Vesey, Kreider, Shattenkirk. It's not about seeing them moved it's about not really expecting us to get a really good deal for them that ends up with them switching clubs.
Nah, I can totally see all of those moving:

• Vesey and Fast for something like a 2nd/3rd and a B prospect, easy. No brainer.
  • Kreider absolutely could move if some team decides to go all-in and sacrifices their 1st-2nd best prospect + a 1st + an add.
  • And Shattenkirk I can see moving if the Rangers retain and get like a 2nd and a 4th back.

Hank, I don't see, because I don't think he wants to move – and he controls his own situation. Zibanejad to me would cost more than Kreider, and frankly there aren't that many teams that have the ammo, much less the desire to spend it. And as for Chytil/Howden... what's the point in moving them for a rebuilding team?

Reactions: Ori

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Nah, I can totally see all of those moving:

• Vesey and Fast for something like a 2nd/3rd and a B prospect, easy. No brainer.
  • Kreider absolutely could move if some team decides to go all-in and sacrifices their 1st-2nd best prospect + a 1st + an add.
  • And Shattenkirk I can see moving if the Rangers retain and get like a 2nd and a 4th back.

Hank, I don't see, because I don't think he wants to move – and he controls his own situation. Zibanejad to me would cost more than Kreider, and frankly there aren't that many teams that have the ammo, much less the desire to spend it. And as for Chytil/Howden... what's the point in moving them for a rebuilding team?
Gotta disagree with you here, if a 2nd + prospect was on the table for Vesey I feel we wouldve traded already. Shattenkirk at that price has more value to the team.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
By the way again none of these guys should be playing tonight. Less than a week to go this is dangerous. Especially McQuaid. We’ve got 8 dmen he should be sitting out.

Hayes too. He’s the most valuable. He shouldn’t be playing less than a week out.

Reactions: Winston2018 and Ori

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
All the talk about too many good assets and not enough 1st being willing to move makes me think better prospects and worse picks.

Especially from true contenders where we could take a cap dump in addition

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Gotta disagree with you here, if a 2nd + prospect was on the table for Vesey I feel we wouldve traded already. Shattenkirk at that price has more value to the team.

I think the idea would be something like a Zucc plus Vesey deal could return more than just what Zucc would return alone. If that or a similar combo is what turns a 2nd and B prospect more into a 1st and B+ prospect does it really matter in the grand scheme of things if they are not really getting back totally fair value for either player?

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Intelligent minds can disagree. :)

Re: Vesey, I said 2nd/3rd + a B prospect... so you mean to tell me you don't think he could fetch a 3rd and, say, some team's 8-10th best prospect? (That'd be on the low end of that scale, but still on it.) I certainly do – frankly, I think he could fetch better. And as to, why it hasn't been done already if it's out there: the answer is it hasn't been out there... yet. No one makes their best offer on a deal like that until the TDL is looming.

As regards Shattenkirk: when we were still looking at attempting a quick on the fly re-tool, it made sense to have him on the team. Now, not so much – ESPECIALLY not with Pionk and ADA also on the squad. Moving him out is addition by subtraction from a roster-construction perspective. So, if you can get a handful of picks back in return, absolutely you do it, IMO.

Reactions: TheKingsCourt

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I don’t want any deals with Calgary. Winnipeg, Dallas & Columbus all have better expendable assets.

Yeah, I was checking up on Dillon Dubé. They have just called him up, to showcase him? Love his size, 5'11 185 lbs, skilled center/winger. He had a really good WHL season after he was drafted. Captained Canada in the U20 WJC to gold and got 5 pts in 7 games. Has started this season well in the AHL.

Could he become a Brayden Point type of player? They actually have a pretty identical history up until this point of their career. But I am not super convinced. Dubé doesn't quite have the same intensity in his skating, and that is what really is transforming well for Point. Dubé skating is really good, but he doesn't seem to have the exact same ability to always have speed under his feets as Point have.

I wouldn't mind getting Curtis Lazar from Calgary either. Great character kid. Like many others -- really hurt by being rushed to the NHL by, in this case, Ottawa (are we sure that we know what we are doing with Chytil?). But to me -- from my limited viewings -- he is definitely not some kind of top asset you go for in a Kevin Hayes trade. But I do think that we need to start to gamble a little more on kids like him. Think your teams need to have guys that can open up a bit of space, drive to the net and take people with them and so forth. Lazar isn't a stiff either. But playing a kid like that in the NHL for two seasons when he is 18-19 is just so dumb. How many puck touches that lasted more than 1-2 seconds did he get in in-game situations in during those two seasons? Not many...

Dillon Dubé, Curtis Lazar and a 1st for Hayes? Two forwards that can play right away.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Dillon Dubé, Curtis Lazar and a 1st for Hayes? Two forwards that can play right away.
Sounded like Dube, Kylington & Andersson were all untouchable as per the trade board. Obviously HF posters aren’t the end all but if that’s the vibe from the front office, I’d rather deal with another team.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Oh I know, I just piggybacked off of you because it brought it to the front of my mind. I'd also be fine with Foligno for a year. I liked him in Buffalo

Would you be fine with him for two more years?

That is what is left on his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->