Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
If Gorton pulls off trading Hayes & Zucc the right way, man our farm and future will look mighty beastly. I’m into it.
What I am hoping for is that Hartford becomes a winning team with latest additions and those incoming. Winning from the AHL level, breeds winning players, right? That team has been horrific for way too long, in which Sather is directly responsible for. Thank God Gorton is young, and in no hurry to "win now" mode. Yeah, he wants to win......but going about things in different way. This organization needs to have kids that are "ready" or "near ready" when an injury happens to the big club.
In the recent past, there has been NO ONE WORTHY.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
What I am hoping for is that Hartford becomes a winning team with latest additions and those incoming. Winning from the AHL level, breeds winning players, right? That team has been horrific for way too long, in which Sather is directly responsible for. Thank God Gorton is young, and in no hurry to "win now" mode. Yeah, he wants to win......but going about things in different way. This organization needs to have kids that are "ready" or "near ready" when an injury happens to the big club.
In the recent past, there has been NO ONE WORTHY.

Absolutely. We must get that team winning in the PO’s and I really believe that’s coming soon. The Drury/Gorton era of Hartford looks great so far, definitely heading in the right direction. The influx of kids into that system down there this year and next should really be great for us moving forward.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
L. Brooks: "I’m sorry. When you tell me that your team won’t be ready to win for five years, I hear nothing more than a self-fulfilling prophecy, at best, and a plea not to be held accountable, at worst. The Rangers, to be sure, have never said anything of the sort."

https://nypost.com/2018/11/25/kevin-hayes-is-more-to-rangers-than-a-potential-trade-chip/

Sounds like Brooksy has had a couple beers with Purple Hayes and likes the lad. I don't trust Hayes with a 6 year contract...I like him better when he has something to prove..like working towards a new contract!!

Reactions: Berserk

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Sounds like Brooksy has had a couple beers with Purple Hayes and likes the lad. I don't trust Hayes with a 6 year contract...I like him better when he has something to prove..like working towards a new contract!!
He's absolutely right.
And you're more than likely right.

Funny world we live in.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Reactions: DutchShamrock

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
L. Brooks: "I’m sorry. When you tell me that your team won’t be ready to win for five years, I hear nothing more than a self-fulfilling prophecy, at best, and a plea not to be held accountable, at worst. The Rangers, to be sure, have never said anything of the sort."

https://nypost.com/2018/11/25/kevin-hayes-is-more-to-rangers-than-a-potential-trade-chip/
I like Larry's thought of trading Hayes for a young controllable veteran. I think Gorton would prefer to find this kind of match.

That said, if the Rangers truly see Lias and Chytil as centers of the future (not to mention the 2019 draft) then either Hayes or Mika needs to go. And as Gorton has said, we're open for business.

Reactions: Ola and Berserk

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I like Larry's thought of trading Hayes for a young controllable veteran. I think Gorton would prefer to find this kind of match.

That said, if the Rangers truly see Lias and Chytil as centers of the future (not to mention the 2019 draft) then either Hayes or Mika needs to go. And as Gorton has said, we're open for business.

And Howden, who’s looked the best at center out of all of them.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Marc Staal 50% retained for Kovalchuk

I know some people want to get Staal off this team by any means necessary (@Machinehead), but this is an awful idea. You’re talking about paying over $9m for 2+ years of Kovalchuk. Why do that when you can just buy out Staal for cap savings and not be stuck with a large 35+ contract on the books? Yes, it’d be for a longer term, but still much better cap management than this idea.

Unless you were joking. Then ignore that. I really hope you were.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Didn't get a chance to reply in the other thread re: Clifford.

On why he's a logical target- brass likes that type of player in a 4th line LW role.

Brings cup winning experience and old school hockey values.

Fills the role McLeod does for another year without McLeod.

Isn't fully broken down yet. Probably another year left.

Fill an that role for 2 years. This and next.

Remember the Prust and Shelley deals? That's what they want for the kids.

Does it block a Nieves? Or a Gropp? Yes. Those would be the trade chips imo.

Most of you won't probably agree with having this type of player on the roster, but plain and simple, top down- they want guys to fill that role.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Accelerated remodel?

rebuild
/riːˈbɪld/
verb
  1. 1.
    build (something) again after it has been damaged or destroyed.
    synonymer:reconstruct, renovate, restore, refashion, remodel, revamp, remake, reassemble;
    recondition;
    informalrehab
    "they must have spent a colossal amount rebuilding the stadium"
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

Synonyms for remodel

verb reconstruct

Reactions: Rongomania

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Something like Hayes plus one of our RHD for Trouba would make a ton of sense for both teams.
Mika, on his reasonable contract, straight up for Trouba would probably work. It would help Winnipeg long term.

Perhaps includes a RHD (to Winnipeg) for a forward (to NY) element. I think the Rangers would do this. I'm not so sure about Winnipeg.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Why?

Where else are you going to get a young established top four defenseman?
Because he’s not that good and going to be expensive as f*** that’s why.

Jesus it’s like everyone wants to ignore the god damn timeline.

By the time this team is ready to contend Trouba will be expensive and not worth his salary and we need to peak with talent AND salary at the corresponding time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad