Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part XVI: C'mon, do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I'm fine with bringing in Kunitz for a year or two. I've often hated him but he's a good player and has won. Would be a good mentor for the kids. Haven't heard any Filppula news. Doesn't look like the Rangers are even in the mix.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
That JVR contract is not good in any way. When Philly starts getting 2015-16 Nash production from him by year two, the mob will arrive.

Namestnikov is pulling a Korpikoski. Not really sold on him. Something happened with his attitude, would love to find out if AV ticked him off or he just hated going to a rebuilding squad.

Hayes for Trouba makes little sense for Winnipeg; robbing Peter to pay Paul. Byfuglien isn't young and while Trouba isn't perfect, they'll need an anchor on that day in 2-3 years.

Especially because they likely are trading Simmonds now. JvR isn't half the player Simmonds is

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Some other comments based on me scrolling the last 24 hours. Kane maturing in San Jose. He's still a young kid and also from going to SJ and seeing a Sharks game, it's just such a pleasant and relaxing place to live. I know it's always a cop out to say I'd be happier in a warmer environment etc. but some people just have the personalities where they perform better in a certain city or on a certain coast.

I don't think Belesky is even an option to be a fourth liner. Guy looks shot and can't keep up with the NHL speed anymore.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
With that 8 mill price tag?

I dunno, I like the player but like Edge said it's alot to give up for someone who hasn't been very durable and wants the world salary wise.

He may just be asking for that so that WPG trades him .He's wanted out for quite some time now.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Looking at the contracts being handed out, Namestnikov on a 3-4 year deal at around $3.75m would be a real nice piece for this team moving forward. Even closer to $4m I’d be fine with.

I’m still good with adding a guy like Rieder as a 3rd line winger. Would be a nice utility depth piece.

The contracts being habddd our today are insane. 4 years for Roussel at that number, coming from someone who really likes the player, is insanity.

If I were Gorton, based on what some of these other guys are getting, I’d look into Matt Martin. 3 years left at $2.5m. He’d be a nice 4th line energy piece if Toronto keeps $500k. They’ll need the cap space.

Spooner, to me, is the guy to move still

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Much rather keep Hayes than Namestnikov. Hayes is a much better player.

Yeah, not sure why everyone is so keen to trade away Hayes. Even if Chytil and Andersson displace him he can still play wing where the Rangers are thin. Unless a team blows the Rangers away with an offer he shouldn't be going anywhere.

Reactions: rangers1314

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
-If- you needed to get rid of Smith that bad you just buy him out. We don't need to and he isn't the player we saw last year.

Ryan can only be obtained for a stupid return of picks/assets. This isn't about getting out from a bad contract. Its stockpiling the cupboard. Melnyk is broke, if he wants to keep being an owner he can send us his best prospect outside of Tkachuk along with Ryan.

It would be a huge mistake to include Smith. Not good asset management.

We don't need to get rid of Smith, but he has very little value right now. Yes, he might rebound and be an actual NHL player again, but he's not going to be here when we are competitive again, regardless.

Like I said, I'm not in love with the idea, I just like it better than taking on Lucic's contract.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Yeah, not sure why everyone is so keen to trade away Hayes. Even if Chytil and Andersson displace him he can still play wing where the Rangers are thin. Unless a team blows the Rangers away with an offer he shouldn't be going anywhere.
Hayes sucks at wing but I agree with everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->