Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Lindgren is the type of guy you keep around for a while. I HIGHLY doubt he ends up making huge money and with the money conceivably tied up on the right side moving forward he's the ideal guy for a 2nd or 3rd pairing partner. Honestly, he would be a guy I could see being around for 6-8 years
I said this before about him, he could easily become this group's version of what Adam Foote meant to those excellent 'Lanche teams.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The only realistic alternative to protect over Lindgren right now is Hajek, and I don't see the Rangers making that decision given his recent year. Barring them moving DeAngelo, they'll end up protecting Trouba, Tony, and Lindgren in expansion.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Lindgren is fine, and he's a good fit with the talent we have on RHD but I really wouldn't worry to much about what happens to him in expansion to be honest.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
oh

Smith is probably going to play D next year, offer him a one year extension.

Seattle wouldn't take him anyway, they'll probably take one of our young forwards. Tell him he'll get legit minutes at LD if he signs but they have to expose him for reasons.

Done
The questions is whether he would accept a one year extension. It wouldn't be at his current salary.

Players know there will be a lot of movement in and around the expansion draft. Many will sign a one year contract this year that sets them up for a better deal next summer

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He seems more like a Kevin Klein or Kevin Miller type to me. Those guys who take care of their own end, add some grit and are a PIA to play against.

Klein was okay at his best but Kevan Miller has always sucked.

I think he turns out better than both. At the very least he is a good compliment to Fox and a competent PK'er. I do think the tools are there for him to be a true match up guy but theres a ways to go for him to get there.

Reactions: McSauer

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I like Lindgren, but come on.
Once again, I am not comparing him to Foote as a player to player comparison. I have made this comparison before and have stated multiple times that. I am talking about the effect that Foote had on the defense. A steady, calming presence that allows everyone else to play their roles.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He seems more like a Kevin Klein or Kevin Miller type to me. Those guys who take care of their own end, add some grit and are a PIA to play against.
Sure, but again this is not a player type to player type comparison. More of what effect a player like that can have on a line up.

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019
He can play now.

He’s Also very young.

He also adds something on our blue line that’s missing. And at the defensive position where we’re in need.

If we lose Lindgren, I’ll chaotically riot the streets and throw fecal matter at pedestrians like a crazy man. True story.
It is not a story, let alone a true one, if it has not happened yet. I fully support the sentiment though. I may join you.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
if he wants to keep doing that he needs to learn how to fight
Firstov, I'm not convinced he doesn't know how to fight. Went bad against Kadri, but he was jumped. He seemed to know what he was doing in his short fight with Simmonds, who is a tough customer. And b) I don't think he does need to. Kasparaitis was a shitty fighter and he managed just fine when fighting was a far bigger part of hockey than it is today.

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
Firstov, I'm not convinced he doesn't know how to fight. Went bad against Kadri, but he was jumped. He seemed to know what he was doing in his short fight with Simmonds, who is a tough customer. And b) I don't think he does need to. Kasparaitis was a shitty fighter and he managed just fine when fighting was a far bigger part of hockey than it is today.

You're both right.

If he doesn't learn how to throw, then we need someone else that already can. Kaspy always had that.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

Klein is an apt comparison. Hopefully Lindgren has a little bit more longevity, but they're very similar players. Much more than Lindgren v Sauer.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Lindgren doesn't need to fight at all when we have enforcers ready to step in for him at every opportunity...

Marchand-3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->