Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLII Time for Curtis Lazar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I could definitely see Toronto struggle a bit in front of empty stands. They are used to getting a pretty big kick from their home ice. Now you will hear the zamboni driver sneeze from across the rink during play.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Watching the Bundesliga a bit so far, they should consider some kind of background sound for NHL games. Of course the result could be a nightmare, but I am also sure that big improvements could be made. Just throwing up the camera and start shooting will be a downer for those don’t knowing what to expect.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
We should start a go fund me and get him when of those Adult Points Books (do you have them in the US?).
What is this? Like, you get points for doing good deeds? I’m interested. Need this for my kids.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
What is this? Like, you get points for doing good deeds? I’m interested. Need this for my kids.

Haha, maybe it’s a Swedish thing. Or was, think it’s more one of this things the lives as an expression long after the actual phenomena.

Anyway it’s like a test in a magazine or even a short phamphlet with questions (often a bit funny, identifying humorous) for teenagers or young adults that is supposed to identify whether you have become an adult.

It was ages since I saw a test like that, but you hear references still here. Like “grown-up points for that”...

Reactions: egelband

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
3772750D-1DDF-430B-B6C4-065EFE0CF43A.jpeg

Can we just get to it already?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Can't like this post hard enough.

:laugh: Well FWIW I like Micheal Haley. He's literally fought long and hard to have the career he's had. It's a pretty thankless role he has at least as far as the fans liking you....and he's actually been a decent player at the AHL level. Perserverance though from that guy and think about it over $4.5 mil of career earnings just to trade knuckles---a lot of guys with a lot more skill than him won't do the extras to make it. That said he wouldn't be my first choice to be in our lineup in the playoffs. I tend to think I wouldn't be playing him anyway and I don't see a role for him particularly against the Hurricanes.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
:laugh: Well FWIW I like Micheal Haley. He's literally fought long and hard to have the career he's had. It's a pretty thankless role he has at least as far as the fans liking you....and he's actually been a decent player at the AHL level. Perserverance though from that guy. That said he wouldn't be my first choice to be in our lineup in the playoffs. I tend to think I wouldn't be playing him anyway and I don't see a role for him particularly against the Hurricanes.
I dont hate the guy, and I know he's worked hard to accomplish what he has. He had big minutes in the WCF last season. I just think we have better options and Haley in the lineup is not going to reap benefits for us.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
:laugh: Well FWIW I like Micheal Haley. He's literally fought long and hard to have the career he's had. It's a pretty thankless role he has at least as far as the fans liking you....and he's actually been a decent player at the AHL level. Perserverance though from that guy and think about it over $4.5 mil of career earnings just to trade knuckles---a lot of guys with a lot more skill than him won't do the extras to make it. That said he wouldn't be my first choice to be in our lineup in the playoffs. I tend to think I wouldn't be playing him anyway and I don't see a role for him particularly against the Hurricanes.

Could't agree more. Not my first choice either but have to respect a guy that has been able to carve out an NHL career in that kind of role in this day and age.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Give me Gettinger over Haley.

Gettinger IMO could make it. He's got to set his sights right. He's never going to be a top 6 and maybe not even a top 9. His size and reach could be valuable though--play hard along the boards, be defensively responsible and kill penalties--once in a while knock in a goal--maybe even have a fight two or three times a year. He's not a bad skater and he has decent hands and a huge wingspan. There's a lot to work with there. Brian Boyle carved out a career pretty much doing all of that.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Yeah I def respect people whose only contribution on the ice is to increase CTE chances in their opponents and themselves beyond the opportunities that already exist.

All kidding aside, Haley is meh. Not really impactful on the ice either positively or negatively (which is better than other players NYR have brought on in the past in this role, like Glass). Only thing that sticks out about him is his ability to take penalties.

Pass, even for the AHL.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yeah I def respect people whose only contribution on the ice is to increase CTE chances in their opponents and themselves beyond the opportunities that already exist.

All kidding aside, Haley is meh. Not really impactful on the ice either positively or negatively. Only thing that sticks out about him is his ability to take penalties.

Pass, even for the AHL.
Well, even though I disagree, I am just glad we have hockey to discuss again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad