Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLII Time for Curtis Lazar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
more then 1 game is insane especially ina playoff situation. The hit was on the shoulder, Donskoi is always getting hurt. His season ended like the rest of the teams seasons ended. A fine is the most I would give him for that shoulder hit. Did Buchnevich get hit in the head , I can't remember what team and not even a penealty, that hit wa worse then the one Lemiux did, no penelty no fine, no suspension on that play.

My guess is he is suspended during the 20-21 season as there were still regular season games left to play when he was to be suspended and wouldnt have missed a playoff game if the season had continued

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Lottery question:

If we beat Carolina and Toronto wins their series agains the Blue Jackets, do we automatically get the Maple Leafs pick, i.e. there's no way for them to land in the top-10?

We get whichever is the worst of the two. I think the Leafs pick is top ten protected though--so if the Leafs lost in the play-in but won the lottery--the Leafs would get their 1st back and Carolina would get the Leafs 1st next year and the Rangers would get Carolina's 1st this year. By the way I like Columbus over the Maple Leafs. I don't like the Maple Leafs D very much at all and the Leafs are one of the softest teams in the league. Columbus has the better D, better goaltending and will beat them up physically.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Two other interesting notes about Buffalo and NYR over the past couple of recent years:

• Buffalo was interested in Drury as a GM before hiring Botterril. Kind of like a Sakic in COL, or Stevie Y in DET type of hiring. Bring back your old captain as a GM. I believe the Rangers said no.
  • Greeley, a former BU and NYR executive team member is in Buffalo. Greeley left the NYR to go to BUF. As an aside- Greeley was really high on Middlestadt.
One would think that if Botterill does gets cashed out at some point, Drury will be the logical replacement.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Lottery question:

If we beat Carolina and Toronto wins their series agains the Blue Jackets, do we automatically get the Maple Leafs pick, i.e. there's no way for them to land in the top-10?
Unless two unassigned picks win a lotto slot and then both the Leafs and Canes win one of those picks in the subsequent draw, then yes.

Highest the Leafs pick can be outside of getting into Top 3 is 11th, by my count.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Unless two unassigned picks win a lotto slot and then both the Leafs and Canes win one of those picks in the subsequent draw, then yes.

Highest the Leafs pick can be outside of getting into Top 3 is 11th, by my count.

if toronto wins their series then they aren't in the lottery

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Last edited:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Probably for the best. Glad he learned his lesson.

Yeah.

The speculation and headlinging of the articles in Sweden seem to speculate on a return. But wouldn't bet on it. Its unfortunate that the SHL season was cancelled. Now I think its best to leave him in the SHL for another year and then move him when something makes sense. He will do a fairly good job there. There will always be cases where it makes sense to move players with some pedigree/potential but its hard to pull of these trades because it could make the GM pulling the trigger look really bad. Hence we often see these players/prospects traded for each other. If Lias can get back to being a top player for HV71 teams will take notice. There is the national team too. The NHL teams are definitely aware of how things are going at those scenes.

Just think its the best use of assets.

Reactions: egelband

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
One would think that if Botterill does gets cashed out at some point, Drury will be the logical replacement.

Yeah and that's if Drury wants to be there. That in itself could be a pre-cursor to an Eichel trade. Drury after all, would know the Rangers farm system very well, and have his select guys.

At the same time, it might be career suicide to join Buffalo without a lot of structural changes. Really looking at a 3-4 year horizon, and that's with a couple of transaction seasons worth of really good moves.

Reactions: egelband

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Some news on Lias:
Efter schismen – kan få spela NHL-slutspel
https://translate.google.se/translate?hl=sv&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fww.aftonbladet.se%2Fsportbladet%2Fhockey%2Fa%2Fb5AA3B%2Fkan-atervanda-efter-avstangning

The gist of it, his agent confirms a dialogue with NYR. Lias comment is just "I do not know what I am allowed to say or not so I have no comment".

Hank and Lias have been skating with Frölunda since 11 May.

Most mature thing he's done since the WJC gold medal game.

Reactions: Ola

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Lottery question:

No, Carolina has the choice of what pick to give us. Likely they'll give us the lower so it'll be the Toronto pick, but likely once those two picks are locked in, that's when we'll get notice as to which pick it is.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
No, Carolina has the choice of what pick to give us. Likely they'll give us the lower so it'll be the Toronto pick, but likely once those two picks are locked in, that's when we'll get notice as to which pick it is.

we get the lower of the 2 picks unless toronto is top 10 and they keep their pick....carolina doesn't get to pick nor would they pick to give us the lower pick. if we beat carolina and toronto moves on that means toronto's pick will be higher and we get their pick.

Reactions: Lone Ranger

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
we get the lower of the 2 picks unless toronto is top 10 and they keep their pick....carolina doesn't get to pick nor would they pick to give us the lower pick. if we beat carolina and toronto moves on that means toronto's pick will be higher and we get their pick.

Right, which is why I was asking that if Toronto beats the Blue Jackets, is there any chance for them to still land in the Top-10.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Wonder where Lias slots in if he indeed does join the team? Is this more or less happening because we think Kakko might not play? To bring him here to play 4th line minutes again is gonna blow up on us.
Currently I have Chytil as a lock for 3c and then Kakko, Lemieux, Gauthier and even Howden as better options at the NHL level. I mean, if we are going down this road and don't give him ice time we can kiss him goodbye, he would be better off staying in Sweden. If he is amicable to being an extra then he has done some serious growing up and that would be a good thing for us, I still believe the only option that will get any value from him is to fix the relationship so maybe there's hope, but they better not blow this.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Wonder where Lias slots in if he indeed does join the team? Is this more or less happening because we think Kakko might not play? To bring him here to play 4th line minutes again is gonna blow up on us. I mean, if we are going down this road and don't give him ice time we can kiss him goodbye, he would be better off staying in Sweden. If he is amicable to being an extra then he has done some serious growing up and that would be a good thing for us, I still believe the only option that will get any value from him is to fix the relationship so maybe there's hope, but they better not blow this.
The team inviting him over for an expanded roster is them playing nice publicly with a guy who no one else wants.

And if he does end up playing, it's probably gonna be a 4th line role, and the team will probably be praying he looks competent enough so they can unload him to some other team

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Wonder where Lias slots in if he indeed does join the team? Is this more or less happening because we think Kakko might not play? To bring him here to play 4th line minutes again is gonna blow up on us.
Currently I have Chytil as a lock for 3c and then Kakko, Lemieux, Gauthier and even Howden as better options at the NHL level. I mean, if we are going down this road and don't give him ice time we can kiss him goodbye, he would be better off staying in Sweden. If he is amicable to being an extra then he has done some serious growing up and that would be a good thing for us, I still believe the only option that will get any value from him is to fix the relationship so maybe there's hope, but they better not blow this.
LA would be a black ace, hopefully work his butt off in practices and take a break from the video games. Maybe can earn 4th line minutes, make the most of them.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
LA would be a black ace, hopefully work his butt off in practices and take a break from the video games. Maybe can earn 4th line minutes, make the most of them.

id rather have Haley in the playoffs over Andersson. yea I said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad