Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I'd give them BOTH 1sts from this year along with those players.

If they want Nils or K'Andre in place of DeAngelo? Done.

I would imagine a deal would include two of Nils, Miller, Kravtsov, Chytil + Deangelo + 1st

Spare parts (Georgiev, Hajek, Strome) dont offer much value whatsoever

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Acquiring Eichel would be great but I'd imagine cost prohibitive. Chytil, DeAngelo, Buch and the lower of our 1st's this year was my initial thoughts

I don't see how Zibanejad isn't part of the deal, and he'd probably nix it with his NMC. It'd be a bad look but I wouldn't be opposed to Gorton trying to slide that Kreider deal to them

Can't imagine they'd be very interested in Strome

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Are these lists serious? For Eichel there is nobody off the table other than the guys like Panarin/Kreider who have NMCs. If they want Shesterkin for him then good bye Shesterkin we can roll with Georgiev. Same guys for almost everyone else.

Reactions: resting buch face

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Are these lists serious? For Eichel there is nobody off the table other than the guys like Panarin/Kreider who have NMCs. If they want Shesterkin for him then good bye Shesterkin we can roll with Georgiev. Same guys for almost everyone else.

Well i'd say anyone but Shestyorkin, Zib, or Fox. That includes Kakko, both of our 1sts this year, Kravtsov, Lundkvist, Miller etc.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
The only asset in the organization, outside of those with full NTCs, that would be off the table in a Eichel deal for me is Zibanejad and that’s only because trading Zibanejad+ for Eichel defeats the purpose of the trade in the first place which is to have an elite 1-2 at center.

Last edited:

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
I would offer DAngelo, 1 of Nils/Miller, Buchnevich and the lower of the 2020 1st rd picks. I doubt the Sabres take that though. He's 1 year from UFA, so what would be his worth (without an extension)?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
DeAngelo, Georgiev, Strome, 2021 1st, Libor Hajek for Eichel

or

Zibanejad+Georgiev for Eichel

Zibby's coming off basically a 50 goal season, I think he gets you most of the way there.

Id do the first deal. Although I think they’d probably want ADA, Chytil, Andersson or something like that.

My initial thought was:
Buyout Staal
Compliance Hank
Trade Strome elsewhere
Chytil+ ADA+ Andersson+ Hajek for Eichel

they’d have plenty of cap space at that point and their top-6 would be one of the best in the league. Defense would be relying on Rykov and maybe Reunanen along with repeat performances from Fox and Lindgren.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Anyone catch the twitter drama from today? The racist Ranger fans getting exposed and Adam Herman ends up calling one of their moms. What a trip

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Id do the first deal. Although I think they’d probably want ADA, Chytil, Andersson or something like that.

My initial thought was:
Buyout Staal
Compliance Hank
Trade Strome elsewhere
Chytil+ ADA+ Andersson+ Hajek for Eichel

they’d have plenty of cap space at that point and their top-6 would be one of the best in the league. Defense would be relying on Rykov and maybe Reunanen along with repeat performances from Fox and Lindgren.
So ADA+Chytil for Eichel, that's not happening. Not to mention it's very unlikely there will be a compliance buyout.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
DeAngelo, Georgiev, Strome, 2021 1st, Libor Hajek for Eichel

or

Zibanejad+Georgiev for Eichel

Zibby's coming off basically a 50 goal season, I think he gets you most of the way there.
The only reason I might consider trading Mika is the concussions thing. But I’m not even sure that’s pushing me too much. This is a great deal in a lot of ways, but feels a bit like Dykstra for Samuel.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I would definitely stay away from Eichel, he isn't worth it given his cap hit. He is part of Buffalo's problem. Not very mobile. Floats a lot. Just not an extraordinary winning hockey center in today's game.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad