Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
For F x 7 expansion draft, if we sign Strome and no major moves we’re protecting or exempt: Panarin, Ziba, Chytil, Krieder, Buch, Strome, Kakko, Kravtsov.

This leaves 1 protection slot for Gauthier, Lemmy, Howton, and Lias (is he exposed if he stays in SEL?). Who do we protect? Lemmy? love Lemmy but I’d hate to lose Gauthier.

Responses must be double spaced, under 500 words, and cited appropriately

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
For F x 7 expansion draft, if we sign Strome and no major moves we’re protecting or exempt: Panarin, Ziba, Chytil, Krieder, Buch, Strome, Kakko, Kravtsov.

This leaves 1 protection slot for Gauthier, Lemmy, Howton, and Lias (is he exposed if he stays in SEL?). Who do we protect? Lemmy? love Lemmy but I’d hate to lose Gauthier.

f*** signing Ryan Strome, he's mediocre, was carried by Panarin and is guaranteed to be massively overpaid. (1)

----------------------------------------------
1. Me

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
f*** signing Ryan Strome, he's mediocre, was carried by Panarin and is guaranteed to be massively overpaid. (1)

----------------------------------------------
1. Me

LOL many feel that way but he’s producing so he’s getting Atleast 3 yrs arbitrary 5 per IMO

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I wouldn’t mind signing Strome and then packaging him for an upgrade with whomever doesn’t cut it on LD and a pick. 21-22 we’ll have a shit ton of cap space and can go for a premium 2C.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Kravtsov and Kakko are exempt.

Reactions: UnSandvich

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Kravtsov and Kakko are exempt.

Do you know if Borgstrom would be exempt if he signed for a season in the KHL? I keep coming back to an Andersson for Borgstrom deal but it really only makes sense for the Rangers IF he is exempt.

Based on his age I would say he is NOT exempt but I don't know how leaving for the KHL effects things

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I actually agree with Larry that Tony gets a 1 year deal

As does Strome

Think the cap uncertainty is going to make Gorton hesitant to hand out anything long term, after what they just did with Kreider

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Do you know if Borgstrom would be exempt if he signed for a season in the KHL? I keep coming back to an Andersson for Borgstrom deal but it really only makes sense for the Rangers IF he is exempt.

Based on his age I would say he is NOT exempt but I don't know how leaving for the KHL effects things

players are exempt if they signed their ELC after 2019...borgstrom needs to be protected

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

The Stars protected Nichushkin when he went back to the KHL, so it doesn't make you exempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->