Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part XIV: There ain't no gettin' off of this train we're on

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Yes it does, it has to do with respect. The A's are supposed to help the captain out with ideas and inputs on how to improve or solve an issue. But it's of little use if the communication between the captain and the players is broken, like it was in McDonagh's case. Then you have a serious problem, and we know the result of that.
All I'm going to say is that's fantasy world and I'm not going to be the one to burst that bubble

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
A team has a group of leaders, both with letters and without.

The Rangers are taking a close look at its leadership, which will include players with letters and without letters.

It’s not about a captain being in command. Or people going behind his back and engaging in mutiny.

It’s not a pirate ship.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
The possibility that Zucc becomes Rangers next Captain is being backed up by Elite Sports NY today, very good article. Hard to understand why some of you want to trade him, he could help the Rangers to become a cup contender in just a couple of years.

I’d be good w it if they resign Zuc now. No point to give him the C for one year . I love Zuc but I understand if he’s traded too . Really depends on his contract demands

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

The Rangers are taking a close look at its leadership, which will include players with letters and without letters.

It’s not about a captain being in command. Or people going behind his back and engaging in mutiny.

It’s not a pirate ship.

The other thing to consider is there will be a new style the head coach is looking for. One of the guys on Sirius today mentioned that Quinn May have some say as to the future of a couple of guys like Namestnikov who he may feel don’t quite fit his system. Maybe Zuccarello is a similar player

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Namestnikov is the keeper of the Spooner/Zucc/Nams trio

Gorton was clearly disappointed in Namestnikov after the season, but I think he can be good. The 20 game sample isn't much to go on

Reactions: Bozle

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I don’t disagree, unless someone wants to pay for him. I’m not attached to either Spooner or Namestnikov
Sure

Based on what Gorton has been saying, I'm not convinced they get traded for straight picks. They want guys who are contributing/about to contribute.

Depends on the deal I guess.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
If the Wild are looking to shed some cap Tyler Ennis could be a candidate. 1 year left at $4.6MM.

Matt Moulson in Buffalo if they dont want to pay the $3MM to him ($5MM cap hit) with just next season left.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

It’s not a pirate ship.

Can it at least be "talk like a pirate day', matey?

Reactions: Edge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->