Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
I'd be surprised to see if this coach lasts a year, not that the bums in this lineup shouldn't be held accountable. ..

3 games in? Really? And already with constant line changing.

Gimme a break

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
This is also typical when you carry 40 guys into the last preseason game. Start the season unprepared I bitched about this with AV I bitched again about it with Quinn but supposed to settle a lot of this before the season starts.

Reactions: NikC

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I'd be surprised to see if this coach lasts a year, not that the bums in this lineup shouldn't be held accountable. ..

3 games in? Really? And already with constant line changing.

Gimme a break

Don't forget the coach is also a rookie. But he's VERY vocal, players get tired of it. I've no idea how this will turn out.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
So we don't want accountability?

Cmon now 3g in? Seems like a panic move from a college coach trying to show he "means business "

This is an awful lineup. The only objective is player development. They want wins?? Haha . Going to be a disaster of a season.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Quinn is getting heat for shuffling lines? That's hilarious. He kept lines intact the first 2 games, outside of sitting a few guys within games. Of course you'll see line shuffling when you're playing 11 forwards. And the guys that got moved up deserved to get moved up. I also like the move to play 7 D, it gets the forwards more minutes to help get them going and it got Tony into a game. Everyone's been penciling in KZB as the first line but the fact is they haven't been effective. He's made the right calls, Shatty sitting is another good call. Will be most interesting to see Tony with Staal since Marc should probably also be sitting. No complaints with Quinn thus far and with the talent, the rookies, and a new system, one should expect growing pains. This team was never going to surprise anyone.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Shatty deserves to be benched. Staal deserves to be benched. Just because he's not doing 1 doesn't mean I can't be happy with the other. Shattys been horrible.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Shuffling lines just means there was poor logic made to assemble the lines in the first place. If you trust your ability to evaluate talent and put players in good positions then there should be no reason ever to shuffle lines.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Shuffling lines just means there was poor logic made to assemble the lines in the first place. If you trust your ability to evaluate talent and put players in good positions then there should be no reason ever to shuffle lines.

Or certain players aren’t carrying their weight.

Every coach shuffles lines.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The only kind of "logic" that applies to when a line works is in hindsight. "Of course this guy's skill compliments that guy's skill and here's how." But not every set of players with complimentary skills will have chemistry (those darn unquantifiables!)

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Gotta love HF ****ting on the coach three games into a rebuild season. Going to be a looooooooong year around here.
How long do you think it'll be before your boy Hank ask for a trade I bet it's not before the season ends

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Gotta love HF ****ting on the coach three games into a rebuild season. Going to be a looooooooong year around here.

I feel a little sorry for Quinn. The KZB line failed, they all suck. Forget everything from training camp, now he's trying to compose a completely new lineup. A tough start for him too.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
So much to respond to in this thread, so little desire to do it.

[Looks around]

Nope. **** that noise.

lol I love that after 3 games, two of which were solid but had some issues, and one wild one, people are ready to kick Quinn out and think he's lost the locker room

I've even had to use the ignore feature which I never really thought about using before but I just couldn't stand some of the posts around here lately.

Everyone's gotta wildly overreact at all times, everyone's gotta be 100% correct at all times. If someone doesn't see things the same way as you, then you have to angrily argue with them instead of having a discussion

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
lol I love that after 3 games, two of which were solid but had some issues, and one wild one, people are ready to kick Quinn out and think he's lost the locker room

I've even had to use the ignore feature which I never really thought about using before but I just couldn't stand some of the posts around here lately.

Everyone's gotta wildly overreact at all times, everyone's gotta be 100% correct at all times. If someone doesn't see things the same way as you, then you have to angrily argue with them instead of having a discussion

I've never used to ignore feature and probably won't.

I just kind of smile and keep on walking. Responding to posts could literally be a full time job.

Reactions: leetch99

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Not for nothing but a lot of this reaction is because of Quinn’s reaction. Throwing things into a blender because of a bad night, going to 11/7, benching veterans. All the first week of the season. That looks panicky on his end. Fans are just reacting to a perception of chaos that really the coach himself is putting out there with his decisions.

Based off first two games there was no reason to go nuts in game 3 with that 11/7 garbage. You have a brand new team and system that decision was bound to lead to chaos and it did. Then you follow it up this morning benching veterans and throwing lines into a blender like AV used to do when he was panicking.

No reason to excude panic and throw the game plan out the window after the first week of hockey. Chytil benched and now on the 4th line? What the hell is that? That’s not sticking with the plan.

So in a lot of ways Quinn is doing some self inflicted damage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Off Sides

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He did seem better already but he also seemed like he would still learn and grow plenty by being the AHL for a bit.

He was our best LD during camp. Wasn’t really close either.

At the very least, he earned the opportunity to get a longer look at the NHL level. But we can’t upset Staal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->