Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part XI: We can read between the lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
The problem is that the FO and coaching staff believe the opposite.

I'm not trying to say I love Lettieri. I've been less than impressed. But I'd much rather have him working it out at the NHL level and continue shooting pucks on net than put Cody McLeod in the lineup.
Oh yeah I agree.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
Lettieri in the AHL right now is a good move, regardless of who is taking his spot in the NHL. That's where he needs to be at the moment to become as successful as possible long term.

Work on his game, get some confidence again, come back up later in the year and try to be more effective. Be ready to come to camp next year and compete for a full time spot.

Reactions: leetch99

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The problem is that the FO and coaching staff believe the opposite.

I'm not trying to say I love Lettieri. I've been less than impressed. But I'd much rather have him working it out at the NHL level and continue shooting pucks on net than put Cody McLeod in the lineup.
Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my end, but my hope is they play Holland and McLeod is just the scratch

With the deadline coming up, Lettieri, Nieves and (based on reports of what has been happening with him) Lias will get their chance later in the season

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Lettieri is a lot more entertaining a player even now while still in development than McLeod could ever be. Brooks might be hyperbolizing here. Lettieri might be going down because Hayes is healthy and AV wants a 4th of Carey/Holland/Fast. McLeod is your 13F.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I'm no fan of McLeod, but I'm not outraged about Vinni being in Hartford.

Were there any practice lines discussed?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I don’t see McLeod coming in for anyone right now he’s a spare forward. Better to have a guy like that as a spare than Lettieri who should be playing.

Nash Zibanejad Buchnevich
Miller Hayes Zuccarello
Grabner Holland Fast
Vesey Desharnais Carey

Don’t see that changing really

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Lettieri is a lot more entertaining a player even now while still in development than McLeod could ever be. Brooks might be hyperbolizing here. Lettieri might be going down because Hayes is healthy and AV wants a 4th of Carey/Holland/Fast. McLeod is your 13F.
Yup, this is what I'm thinking.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Lettieri in the AHL right now is a good move, regardless of who is taking his spot in the NHL. That's where he needs to be at the moment to become as successful as possible long term.

Work on his game, get some confidence again, come back up later in the year and try to be more effective. Be ready to come to camp next year and compete for a full time spot.
Have to agree with this.

Keep him away from the shitshow on the big club

Reactions: wafflepadsave

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
don't kid yourself McLeod is going to play at least a few games. I could see the Coaching staff sitting Carey for him. It wouldn't be a permanent thing but they didn't pick him up just to stick him in the press box.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Lettieri looked good and has some potential but his game still needs work. If he can improve his board work and puck protection, and have a slightly more accurate shot, he could become a very good #6-9 forward. He's young, this was his cup of coffee. Keep working and improve, and play a lot of PK in Hartford to add that to his skill set. He may very well be back up if the UFAs are all traded for picks and prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad