Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part VII: Now with less frenzy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Chris Stevenson is a long time Senators beat writer. He now covers the Senators for The Athletic. Stevenson thinks Duchene will stay in Ottawa.

Now the Senators could be headed for another lottery pick and Duchene, though I still think it is unlikely, could be gone this season in a deal that won’t net close to the promise of a Hughes.

Stevenson: All that's left for Senators fans are rumours and...

Even if Duchene is put on the block in the winter of 2019,centers have value so the Rangers should get a good return for Hayes. Ottawa will have so much money available for 19-20. Someone is getting their money.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
With Ellis locked up, I really wonder what Nashville is gonna end up doing with Fabbro. I know we’ve talked about him on here a bunch already, and I still think we’d be a fit by by sending them a forward around the deadline.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
With Ellis locked up, I really wonder what Nashville is gonna end up doing with Fabbro. I know we’ve talked about him on here a bunch already, and I still think we’d be a fit by by sending them a forward around the deadline.

Wasn’t there talk of him maybe not signing with them?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Wasn’t there talk of him maybe not signing with them?
It may have just been discussion on these boards since he's going back to BU this season. I'm not sure if there has been any actual reporting about him possibly not signing with the Preds.

Fabrro is a very good prospect. I probably rate him more highly than others, but I don't think him becoming a very good second pairing defenseman is out of the question. I know there are some critiques that he hasn't wowed at the collegiate level after being such a force in the BCHL.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

I have a tough time seeing anything going on with him this season unless he informs the Preds he absolutely won't sign. Having an ELC to play behind that big money is going to be important.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Anyone have a list of unsigned NCAA prospects that become free agents at Midnight?

According to CapFriendly, Rangers already brought in one of the NCAA free agents who could sign with any team after August 15....

Dwyer Tschantz, who played with Cornell for 4 seasons and was a 7th round pick by the Blues in 2014, will be with the Maine Mariners of the ECHL.

That McLeod guy from Boston U sticks out, drafted in the 2nd by Tampa, but apparently one of his big problems has been not getting ice time from Quinn...

Reactions: Rongomania

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

I know NSH viewed him on their no trade list list year. Fabbro could step in on their 3rd pair as early as next season. Replacing Weber isn't a though challenge for him, so there is a path for an NHL roster spot.

If he turns pro after this season, one year in the AHL is common for Predators prospects.

If Fabbro wants to go the UFA route, it's not too far away either.

IMO he was still physically undersized last year, and was a little banged up. He could stand to put on some more muscle, and BU is a great place for him to do that.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I have a tough time seeing anything going on with him this season unless he informs the Preds he absolutely won't sign. Having an ELC to play behind that big money is going to be important.

Yeah, and I'm jumping the gun a bit thinking that he won't sign. His ELC expiring would actually fit in perfectly with the Preds next wave of contracts.

I know NSH viewed him on their no trade list list year. Fabbro could step in on their 3rd pair as early as next season. Replacing Weber isn't a though challenge for him, so there is a path for an NHL roster spot.

If he turns pro after this season, one year in the AHL is common for Predators prospects.

If Fabbro wants to go the UFA route, it's not too far away either.

IMO he was still physically undersized last year, and was a little banged up. He could stand to put on some more muscle, and BU is a great place for him to do that.

Yeah, it's a bit optimistic on my part. Good RHD are hard to find, so I'm trying to jump on one at any chance I get. Who else of Nashville's prospects was on their no trade list besides Tolvanen?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Why would the Rangers take on two extra years? $6M per for 5 more years. Staal sucks but Lucic isn't much better especially with two more years on his contract. It makes no sense for the Rangers. Lucic is awful. Look at that contract. So much bonus money. It can't be bought out with getting your ass handed to you. Good luck to Edmonton. Lucic is their problem.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
9GDxFVw.gif

Why the hell would anyone want this guy?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Lucic benefits from being one of the tougher NHL players in an era where a lot of the truly tough players are no longer playing in the league.

I remember watching him in a fight against Orr many years ago and thinking that he wouldn't been a particularly impressive beast had he played even 10 years prior.

He would've been a very good, not necessarily amazing middleweight power forward.

Reactions: eco's bones

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Lucic benefits from being one of the tougher NHL players in an era where a lot of the truly tough players are no longer playing in the league.

I remember watching him in a fight against Orr many years ago and thinking that he wouldn't been a particularly impressive beast had he played even 10 years prior.

He would've been a very good, not necessarily amazing middleweight power forward.
The best was when Lucic got his ass beat in a bar in Vancouver! “Do you know who I am!” Lol
I especially loved that black eye he was rock’in

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The best was when Lucic got his ass beat in a bar in Vancouver! “Do you know who I am!” Lol
I especially loved that black eye he was rock’in

I’m not going to lie, there have been a few incidents and comments over the years that make me shake my head.

Part of me would’ve loved to have a guy like Probert or Kocur beat his ass.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
But Dolan can convince Staal to waive his NMC if he buys Staal's house for twice the price

Yes.. Dolan could...

But only, and I mean only, if Gorton can also acquire MacKinnon so he can naturally be a flank on Boo’s wing.

Kreider will easily break Gretzky’s 92g record with all that Synergy.

And Dolan will have his 14th vacation home in Fairfield County.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I’m not going to lie, there have been a few incidents and comments over the years that make me shake my head.

Part of me would’ve loved to have a guy like Probert or Kocur beat his ass.

Or someone shorter than him.. And much crazier..

Like Domi:nod:

domibelt.png

8cdqer8r2r0z.jpg

domiprobert.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad