Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXXVIII - Calm in the eye of Desolation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I like Lindgren but I hope someone else like Schneider playing the left or Robertson can come along and nail down his spot a bit better. Lindgren seems to me like a perfect 3rd pairing guy with some grit but I worry he's a bit over his head playing as many minutes with Fox as he is.

Also will be fascinating to see if the Rangers can turn the DeAngelo situation into an add for the team somehow...like getting a decent center

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I like Lindgren but I hope someone else like Schneider playing the left or Robertson can come along and nail down his spot a bit better. Lindgren seems to me like a perfect 3rd pairing guy with some grit but I worry he's a bit over his head playing as many minutes with Fox as he is.

Also will be fascinating to see if the Rangers can turn the DeAngelo situation into an add for the team somehow...like getting a decent center
I continue to think that the future looks like this:

Miller - Trouba
Lindgren - Fox
Roberson - Schneider

Yes, I realize that Lundqvist is not there. Just a feeling that I have. Still, if this can happen, having 5 homegrown defensemen out of 6 is a great way to be able to manage the cap and would be a HUGE testament to the front office and scouting staff.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I did like the one stats guy pointing out that the Staal-ADA pairing was very successful, though.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing Nick Holden's beautiful smile again, assuming we're out of the running for a center we can use. Is there any way to get Howden going with any of the skill guys?

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I continue to think that the future looks like this:

Miller - Trouba
Lindgren - Fox
Roberson - Schneider

Yes, I realize that Lundqvist is not there. Just a feeling that I have. Still, if this can happen, having 5 homegrown defensemen out of 6 is a great way to be able to manage the cap and would be a HUGE testament to the front office and scouting staff.
Sub Jones for Lindgren and I agree.

Miller-Trouba
Robertson-Fox
Jones-Schneider

Fox and Lindgren have great chemistry dating back to playing together as teenagers, and I love Lindgren’s grit, but longer term, I think a) Fox benefits from playing with a bigger partner, and b) I worry about Lindgren’s longevity. Meanwhile, having a second offensive defenseman who is a natural lefty would slot in very well next to Schneider. Top it all off with the fact that you’d then have a wider range of ages and RFA windows, and I think you’ve got the optimal mix.

(Also, I love Jones as a prospect.) :)

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas

Miller-Trouba
Robertson-Fox
Jones-Schneider

Fox and Lindgren have great chemistry dating back to playing together as teenagers, and I love Lindgren’s grit, but longer term, I think a) Fox benefits from playing with a bigger partner, and b) I worry about Lindgren’s longevity. Meanwhile, having a second offensive defenseman who is a natural lefty would slot in very well next to Schneider. Top it all off with the fact that you’d then have a wider range of ages and RFA windows, and I think you’ve got the optimal mix.

I remember when people worried about Girardi’s longevity... Lindgren isn’t going anywhere I think he’ll be a great cheap top 4 option for us for many years to come

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I remember when people worried about Girardi’s longevity... Lindgren isn’t going anywhere I think he’ll be a great cheap top 4 option for us for many years to come
Well, Girardi DID eventually break down, though he lasted longer than some initial pessimists forecasted.

But even if you guaranteed me that Lindgren would be able to play at this same level for the next decade, I'd still have serious reservations about the size of a Lindgren-Fox pair, especially come playoff time. :dunno:

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Miller-Trouba
Robertson-Fox
Jones-Schneider

So you admit your bias........

What you are posting makes sense on all counts. My view is skewed that in reading the tea leaves, Gorton and JD seem to be building bigger and harder to play against. But I understand that having another smallish puck mover in the three pairs is not the same as having an entire defense of smallish puck movers.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Can we just discuss next possible moves. Enough over analyzing what happened in the Tunnel. Lets move on.
Agreed hopefully we can stop with conjecture until we know real Facts. Bullshit rumors or I heard from this guy who knows this guy who knows another guy doesn't do any good.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but here it goes:

I was hoping a Rangers fan could give me a breakdown of Shesterkin for Fantasy hockey purposes.

He hit waivers after a couple of bad early games but his stats look good in the past couple. How has he looked? Were those early games a fluke or maybe even these last few were flukes?
What kind of time is he going to get? Half and half with Georgiev or will he get 60%+?

I’d really appreciate any help as I need a goalie and I’m eyeing your young star (but Brobrosky who I have currently has had a solid start) and please try to be objective, this is a 300 dollar buy in fantasy league!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad