Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXXVI - On the Brink of Wasteland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
This place fiends off any scrap of rumor and on this people suddenly want “legitimate reporting”?

For a guy who the team wants nothing to do with and in 15 hours might not even be here?
Yes because that’s one of the worst things someone can be accused of these days. Because I’m sure that if it was true, his life is over. It’s almost like accusing someone of being a pedo. Even saying, “I wouldn’t be surprised if he was one,” is a disgusting and evil assumption. I mean, how can you equate this accusation to something like a rumored free agent signing? Seriously?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I hadn’t heard that, or anything close to that, internally. I have my doubts about its accuracy.

However, the puck story is a perfect example of what I try to avoid. Not only is it likely inaccurate, there’s a very distinct possibility it was purposefully shared to a few people to see who is leaking shit and to see which reporters are potentially going to betray trust.

And whether the puck thing happened or didn’t, it is very likely Pee Wee completely screwed himself, or his source(s) are in deep shit right now. With the latter ultimately meaning he screwed himself anyway, because good luck getting insight from them again.
One thing we all know. Gorton runs a tight ship and probably despises uncontrolled leaks.

Reactions: Barnaby

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I hadn’t heard that, or anything close to that, internally. I have my doubts about its accuracy.

However, the puck story is a perfect example of what I try to avoid. Not only is it likely inaccurate, there’s a very distinct possibility it was purposefully shared to a few people to see who is leaking shit and to see which reporters are potentially going to betray trust.

And if that is indeed what happened, either Pee Wee completely screwed himself, or his source(s) are in deep shit right now. Which ultimately means he screwed himself anyway, because good luck getting insight from them again.
Hey! That’s my nickname for Herman! Get your own nickname!:sarcasm:. As always thanks for the insight Edge. I’m sure you’ve answered this tonight but I’m just getting caught up here at work.(I work overnight at a NJ hospital). My question is what happens next with Tony? Unconditional waivers? Trade?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
C’mon, AK. Edge says “1) contract, 2) world events” and you respond “yeah, a contract can change you.”

That’s a pretty significant editorial choice on your behalf. :laugh:

But I have sources! :sarcasm:

To elaborate: A new contract can change you. It's not an excuse. It still falls on DeAngelo and HIS behavior, regardless of how it was affected by external factors.

I hope that makes more sense :)

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
One thing we all know. Gorton runs a tight ship and probably despises uncontrolled leaks.

Gorton is interesting in the sense that he knows leaks are part of the game sometimes. It’s how teams negotiate, how players know who is interested, how teams get somewhat of an idea of what they can and can’t do, etc.

But something like this, being a major personal and locker room issue, would piss him off. If indeed it’s bullshit, some people are probably scheduled for some very early video conference calls in a few hours.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
It does suck and it pisses me off because it’s stupid. It’s stupid and no one wins from this. Everyone loses.

And there’s no reason for everyone to lose. That’s the thing. Both sides worked very hard to get to the point they reached last season.
Yupp. It’s heartbreaking. Tony did a stupid thing that probably set back team chemistry for a long time. That being said, he’s human, and people make mistakes. He should be punished, but his life shouldn’t be completely over. Like I keep saying, the guy needs help.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Hey! That’s my nickname for Herman! Get your own nickname!:sarcasm:. As always thanks for the insight Edge. I’m sure you’ve answered this tonight but I’m just getting caught up here at work.(I work overnight at a NJ hospital). My question is what happens next with Tony? Unconditional waivers? Trade?

I’m honestly not sure. It’s such a bizarre situation. I have a hard time believing the Rangers want him in the organization at this point, but who knows?

I’ll try to uncover more tomorrow. I lost time tonight setting up a new home WiFi system and then adding way more devices than any one family should have.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yupp. It’s heartbreaking. Tony did a stupid thing that probably set back team chemistry for a long time. That being said, he’s human, and people make mistakes. He should be punished, but his life shouldn’t be completely over. Like I keep saying, the guy needs help.

Unfortunately, some lines have major, major consequences. And those consequences can cost employment, careers, or worse.

Tony’s career and life aren’t over. But he’s going to have to start from scratch, again, on his reputation.

But also note, attempts were made to avoid Tony shooting himself in the foot.

Not only did he ignore those attempts, he somehow managed to elevate the situation.

And truth be told, I’m not sure he’s actually sorry even now.

Last edited:

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
We need more Edge’s.

By the way, I was watching Muppets from Space with my younger sisters last night, and when I saw Pepe, I thought of you @Edge.

Reactions: Paulie Walnutz

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Gotta understand there’s a problem that needs helping even before that.

I mean I wouldn’t be surprised if Tony’s reaction to this is “what did I do why am I being censored this is unfair everyone’s out to get me” rather than reflection on why his teammates and team management are done with him. It seems far too common for that to be the reaction

i joked about it before but I am legit interested in how DeAngelo being gone may affect the team if he was a distraction

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I mean I wouldn’t be surprised if Tony’s reaction to this is “what did I do why am I being censored this is unfair everyone’s out to get me” rather than reflection on why his teammates and team management are done with him. It seems far too common for that to be the reaction

i joked about it before but I am legit interested in how DeAngelo being gone may affect the team if he was a distraction
Absolutely. I’ve hesitated to speculate, just because I fear we won’t know if he IS actually gone for some time yet. If he doesn’t get claimed, the situation may get murky.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
One last thing. I’ll admit, I wasn’t a fan of Trouba at all, but I gotta say I became a fan after what he said about Tony. He put his differences aside and said what a true teammate would say. Captain material. I wish more people (and I hate to say it, but that includes Tony) could be like him.

“It’s not something as players that you’re very happy about, he’s one of our friends,” Trouba said of DeAngelo going on waivers. “That’s the business of the game. It’s a little bit of a somber mood, but at the same time, you gotta be a professional. … There’s a lot of good defensemen who can definitely pick up the [slack].”

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I'd love to think everything will be fine after DeAngelo, yet I just don't think he is the singular issue.

He did not cause all the questionable contracts the team now has. Did not cause all the odd coaching either. The amount of buy out cap space used, the trades that did not work out, his included, the prospects who wanted out.

I think the Rangers need to also look at some of their own other stuff.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

And here’s the thing, you gotta really piss people off for them to not even want you on the team.

Not a few days off.

Not a leave of absence from the team.

Literally it’s “we don’t want you around us anymore, go away.”

Even with what I’ve heard of the situation, there’s a whole lot I don’t know. For example, I don’t know what transpired once they went behind closed doors.

But what’s telling is how bad of a situation it was in a semi-public setting.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Unfortunately, some lines have major, major consequences. And those consequences can cost employment, careers, or worse.

Tony’s career and life aren’t over. But he’s going to have to start from scratch, again, on his reputation.

But also note, attempts were made to avoid Tony shooting himself in the foot.

Not only did he ignore those attempts, he somehow managed to elevate the situation.

And truth be told, I’m not sure he’s actually sorry even now.
I sadly agree. I believe that people can change, but they have to want to change. It’s not easy, but it’s his responsibility.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
One last thing. I’ll admit, I wasn’t a fan of Trouba at all, but I gotta say I became a fan after what he said about Tony. He put his differences aside and said what a true teammate would say. Captain material. I wish more people (and I hate to say it, but that includes Tony) could be like him.

“It’s not something as players that you’re very happy about, he’s one of our friends,” Trouba said of DeAngelo going on waivers. “That’s the business of the game. It’s a little bit of a somber mood, but at the same time, you gotta be a professional. … There’s a lot of good defensemen who can definitely pick up the [slack].”

Keep an eye on Trouba’s involvement in what was attempted prior to last night and what occurred last night as stories come out.

He’s a major player in both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad