Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXXVI - On the Brink of Wasteland

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
The team was not looking to push him out there door until or unless it made sense.

And what’s happening now is all on ADA and no one else. Period.

You do have to wonder why after getting a pretty lucrative contract the guy decided to stop behaving.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I think they always knew they were taking a gamble with a bit of a wildcard in DeAngelo but the talent was too enticing and he rewarded them last year with a pretty quiet distraction free year and putting up a lot of points, BUT they obviously weren't super sold on him long term either with the defensive issues, another great RD prospect in the works, and the continued distractions with the podcasts and social media stuff

I don't think they expected him to go off the rails over a political election and for it to become an issue

Fair to a point, yet a one year deal was an option, even if they had to go through with an arbitration award.

I don't know, it's getting late, snowing, little buzzed, I just think ADA F-ed this up yet the Rangers also should have probably should have either said before his last deal, screw it we'll stick with his crap, or let's bail. They seemed to try to pick a middle shaky ground and I'm not too sure how much I like that philosophy in general if they are applying that to other parts of their build.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
You have more information than I do, I'll take your account as accurate, ADA messed up and didn't handle this well. I was a fan of his game and remember you were/ are as well. It sucks that it came to this because we need everything to go right to turn this team around.

It does suck and it pisses me off because it’s stupid. It’s stupid and no one wins from this. Everyone loses.

And there’s no reason for everyone to lose. That’s the thing. Both sides worked very hard to get to the point they reached last season.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
You have more information than I do, I'll take your account as accurate, ADA messed up and didn't handle this well. I was a fan of his game and remember you were/ are as well. It sucks that it came to this because we need everything to go right to turn this team around.
Honestly, if it went this bad this quickly, getting rid of him may well be an important part of turning the team around. I do agree that it’ll suck to lose the player he was last year for nothing if that’s what happens, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
You do have to wonder why after getting a pretty lucrative contract the guy decided to stop behaving.

Contract.

World events.

Not being able to keep the sanctity of a locker room (which includes respecting your teammates, or agreeing to avoid subjects if you don’t agree and instead focusing on battling on the ice together).

Tony’s issue right now is with his teammates. That’s what did him in.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
There is a very obvious difference between the current events of a year ago vs the current events of today that explain what happened here.

I can’t fathom how people are making this about the coaching.

A crazy person becoming increasingly crazy is being blamed on a mediocre hockey coach? Come on now...
Yeah I’m not sure of people are being willfully dense here or what

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Money changes people. Going from 1m for 1 year to almost 10m for 2 can change a man. All of a sudden, there's no need to proof what you can do. You feel you've made it.

I have been in that situation where I had a big break and it changed me. Not that I attacked colleages, but yeah. It affected me. Just like heartship and stressful situations, this affects people in different ways.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
At least our D corps remains basically loaded with young talent and the loss of DeAngelo is mostly a loss of what he would have been flipped for and not a hole in our long term roster construction.

I mean Lias got us a 2nd round pick, I think he would have gotten something of value. It's a loss no matter how you slice it.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
@Edge I imagine you can't share even if you know, but I'm so keen on putting this one detail to rest so we can focus on the bigger picture and actual issues here - any sense of whether the whole "DeAngelo kept the puck from K'Andre" plot line has some truth to it?

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
@Edge I imagine you can't share even if you know, but I'm so keen on putting this one detail to rest so we can focus on the bigger picture and actual issues here - any sense of whether the whole "DeAngelo kept the puck from K'Andre" plot line has some truth to it?
Already proven false by Miller's agent. Come on now.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Money changes people. Going from 1m for 1 year to almost 10m for 2 can change a man. All of a sudden, there's no need to proof what you can do. You feel you've made it.

I have been in that situation where I had a big break and it changed me. Not that I attacked colleages, but yeah. It affected me. Just like heartship and stressful situations, this affects people in different ways.
Yeah, it’s just the contract. Nothing else happened over the last six weeks...

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
At least our D corps remains basically loaded with young talent and the loss of DeAngelo is mostly a loss of what he would have been flipped for and not a hole in our long term roster construction.

I don't know, people were suggesting that we won't need Nils Lundkvist and he could be packaged for a 2nd line center.

I think the majority felt that Tony was done here by the end of this year as a piece to get that 2nd line center. Now, we're talking about just having the raw cap space his contract would no longer hold. I think they will get to the point where they can terminate his contract.

The cap space could come in hand with bonuses and the like needing to be applied this year. Also for next season. They might actually be able to keep Buch.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
So in more lighthearted news.. does anyone have any idea why my BeAPro player is wearing a helmet everywhere he goes? How do I fix this? Lmao

YVjY65A.jpg

uzy5cPQ.jpg

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I don't know, people were suggesting that we won't need Nils Lundkvist and he could be packaged for a 2nd line center.
But then you had the posters with connections to the org (Edge, bobbop) saying TDA was most likely not long for the future of this team as far back as September. The rumblings were there that he was not a part of the long term plans anyway.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

I hadn’t heard that, or anything close to that, internally. I have my doubts about its accuracy.

However, the puck story is a perfect example of what I try to avoid. Not only is it likely inaccurate, there’s a very distinct possibility it was purposefully shared to a few people to see who is leaking shit and to see which reporters are potentially going to betray trust.

And whether the puck thing happened or didn’t, it is very likely Pee Wee completely screwed himself, or his source(s) are in deep shit right now. With the latter ultimately meaning he screwed himself anyway, because good luck getting insight from them again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad