Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXXVI - On the Brink of Wasteland

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Yo, I'm going to flip a shit if Drury becomes the Penguins GM of all teams.

That's like Scott Stevens becoming a Rangers coach. Even if the fit may be right, it just won't look or feel right.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Pretty sure multiple teams have asked about drury in the past and for whatever reason the rangers have not given permission

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
If I'm Drury, and I hear that the mandate would be to build the team around 3 guys who will not be playing in the league in a few years, then I beg out of that one. Sounds like a nightmare. They have no first this year. No first next year. They have nothing to build around. Nothing to trade. Free agency isn't going to save them. They are on the wrong side of the fence here.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Philly isn’t trading him to us.
I don’t think Philly cares. Hockey doesn’t seem to have a problem with trading in division. How many trades have the Rangers made with Columbus recently. Hell we’ve traded with the Devils recently. If that can happen anything can happen. Is it likely? Maybe not - but this is also only a message board.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don’t think Philly cares. Hockey doesn’t seem to have a problem with trading in division. How many trades have the Rangers made with Columbus recently. Hell we’ve traded with the Devils recently. If that can happen anything can happen. Is it likely? Maybe not - but this is also only a message board.

It’s not going to happen.

don’t confuse deadline rentals with trading young high end talent. The dude was Phillys leading scorer last year. Nash trade happened a year before realignment and he forced his way here to begin with.

Discuss If you wish, but this has no chance of happening with out getting stupid.

Reactions: bleedblue94

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It’s not going to happen.

don’t confuse deadline rentals with trading young high end talent. The dude was Phillys leading scorer last year. Nash trade happened a year before realignment and he forced his way here to begin with.

Discuss If you wish, but this has no chance of happening with out getting stupid.
Did the Nash trade. Did the Gaborik trade too. Everything on here is stupid.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
A star player getting benched for one game isn’t really enough for a trade rumor.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
If I'm Drury, and I hear that the mandate would be to build the team around 3 guys who will not be playing in the league in a few years, then I beg out of that one. Sounds like a nightmare. They have no first this year. No first next year. They have nothing to build around. Nothing to trade. Free agency isn't going to save them. They are on the wrong side of the fence here.
It sounds horrible. They’d get so much from trading even 2 of the 3.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Both happened pre alignment.

Not the same situation either.
It doesn’t matter if it was pre-alignment. They made the trade knowing that they were going to be in the division. It wasn’t a surprise.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Both happened pre alignment.

Not the same situation either.

I know it's a thing but I never understand the "don't trade within the division" stuff. That's what cost Ottawa assets. They traded Hoffman to San Jose who then turned around an hour later to trade him to Florida, who are in Ottawa's division :laugh:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So on faceoffs. There are two players in the NHL. In the top 30 of faceoffs won that are under 50% win percentage. Guess who is the worst of those 30 in that metric?

think the Rangers can get anyone on the list that would be able to make the team better? I advocated for a handful of guys on here over the summer and was tarred and feathered for it.

Attachments

• 941A334C-2DA1-4F0B-8333-4622E39DBCDB.png
    941A334C-2DA1-4F0B-8333-4622E39DBCDB.png
    510.5 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad