Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Not enough veteran presence.

The Rangers have a handful of reliable veteran players. They desperately need 2-3 more.

It's going to take a while for the Rangers to overcome this. If they are able to this year. Not a lot of roster wiggle room.

Just remember, I first guessed this during the summer.

Very much this.

Also, I think Quinn has done a solid job overall, but I’m getting to the point that I’m getting frustrated with his lack of an apparent system and execution of that system. Maybe it’s just the youth learning or maybe Quinn doesn’t have it. I’m guessing that’s why they brought in a Martin.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Not enough veteran presence.

The Rangers have a handful of reliable veteran players. They desperately need 2-3 more.

It's going to take a while for the Rangers to overcome this. If they are able to this year. Not a lot of roster wiggle room.

Just remember, I first guessed this during the summer.

How many more vets do they need?

Mika, Trouba, Kreider, Panarin, Strome and dare I say Smith and JmfJ.

They're certainly no Messier but they do have a veteran core in place.

A bit flawed with this core?

I'd easily have to say yes with JG at the helm and they're all led by a coach who has no clue how to come up with strategies in order to win games.

#TrainWreck

Reactions: Kravtsov420

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Ok.

Which magic-lacking LD was available for ADA last deadline?

I can't even remember who needed what at the deadline last year, its been ages since then but im sure there were magic deficient and magical dmen available as there are every year.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Yup, but he is what he is a poor defenseman who can help on the offense. Time won't change that, and he actually has to not be a bonehead and stay in the lineup.

Oh.. Time won’t help him. So he’s 100% a finished product now. No more room for improvement. Gotcha.

I’m willing to bet most NHL coaches in the league wouldn’t scratch him for what happened last night.

You’re right. We should have traded ADA for Quinn Hughes last deadline. Gorton sucks.

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I can't even remember who needed what at the deadline last year, its been ages since then but im sure there were magic deficient and magical dmen available as there are every year.
Was that LHD available for ADA? Did he fit our cap space? Timeline?

Why would a team give up a quality LD for a bonehead like ADA?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Was that LHD available for ADA? Did he fit our cap space? Timeline?

Why would a team give up a quality LD for a bonehead like ADA?

Trades are made everyday man, someone gave us Mcdonagh for Gomez, Zibanejad for Brassard, a boat load for a concussed Nash, always a sucker somewhere.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
How many more vets do they need?

Mika, Trouba, Kreider, Panarin, Strome and dare I say Smith and JmfJ.

They're certainly no Messier but they do have a veteran core in place.

A bit flawed with this core?

I'd easily have to say yes with JG at the helm and they're all led by a coach who has no clue how to come up with strategies in order to win games.

#TrainWreck
Probably two right now...a 20 minute veteran on left defense and a bottom six center who can win face offs, forecheck and be on the ice late in the game. Not so much flawed as thin. With Smith and Johnson being so problematic, it’s hard to be a leader when you are struggling to be in lineup. You need guys to settle the young players down.

Reactions: Barnaby

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Trades are made everyday man, someone gave us Mcdonagh for Gomez, Zibanejad for Brassard, a boat load for a concussed Nash, always a sucker somewhere.

You’re right. Trades do happen. You remember the Hagelin trade? Zubov trade? Graves for Bigras?

There’s no reason to blindly assume a LD was available at the deadline for ADA. Most players moved on the deadline aren’t core players which is the only type of player we should consider trading ADA for. They’re usually rentals for futures.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
You’re right. Trades do happen. You remember the Hagelin trade? Zubov trade? Graves for Bigras?

There’s no reason to blindly assume a LD was available at the deadline for ADA. Most players moved on the deadline aren’t core players which is the only type of player we should consider trading ADA for. They’re usually rentals for futures.

Theres no reason to assume there wasnt either or that we'd get trashed in a trade either. I don't know what you are reaching for here. Just off the top of my head though, Vegas as an example had 5 left shot dmen, there was potential there for a trade that wouldn't have necessarily have had to been a future. The problem now is that Deangelo's value is plummeting hard, between his off ice stuff that some teams wouldn't be comfortable with, and now he's in the dog house again. We should have sold high is all im saying, and thats not me looking back, thats what i said last year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad