Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
I feel like if we've come this far on the Chytil as a center approach, we owe it to ourselves to see how he performs with someone like Kreider, or Lafreniere, or both on his flanks.

Howden LW - Chytil - Kakko had some really good shifts last season before the break.

Unless Quinn pushing is steadfast in pushing Kakko into 2RW duties, I could see Laf/Chy/Kak being a very entertaining 3rd line while Fast gives Panarin/Strome the support they need to do their thing and Howden settles into a 4c role.

Pana/Strome/Fast 2a
Laf/Chy/Kak 2b

Reactions: Edge

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I wouldn't poo poo the idea of Panarin getting some time on the RW if Buchnevich or Kakko are struggling for a spell of time. He can still produce there at even strength.

You want panarin with his stick in the middle of the ice for shooting purposes.

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
I just think he has shown me enough and the potential to be that 2C and we owe it to him to give him that chance if Strome is moved. It's going to be a building year still, regardless.

I agree, he's shown the ability to play very well when paired with quality wingers. He should be put in a much better position to succeed next year.

Small sample size but when Chytil first got called up this year he centered Kreider and Buchnevich with Zib out. He put up 9 points (7G, 2A) in those 13 Games. As a line their metrics were really strong too (most of which came from this 13 game stretch):

69.4 GF%
58.6 SF%
53.8 FF%
55.6 CF%
63.4 xGF%

Otherwise, he spent most of time b/w Kakko, Howden, etc. who obviously had their struggles.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
I agree, he's shown the ability to play very well when paired with quality wingers. He should be put in a much better position to succeed next year.

Small sample size but when Chytil first got called up this year he centered Kreider and Buchnevich with Zib out. He put up 9 points (7G, 2A) in those 13 Games. As a line their metrics were really strong too (most of which came from this 13 game stretch):

69.4 GF%
58.6 SF%
53.8 FF%
55.6 CF%
63.4 xGF%

Otherwise, he spent most of time b/w Kakko, Howden, etc. who obviously had their struggles.
Im not sure your username is limited to the interpretation you had originally intended.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007

Haha, brooksie just blocked me on twitter for pointing out it is tough to take him seriously about things when he advocates for the Rangers to go out and sign a FA left winger when they already have 18ish million committed to Kreider and Panarin for the next 6 years and are about to draft another left winger 1OA. How did that snowflake survive as an NYR beat writer for so long when he can't take any criticism at all?

And I know you'll see this Brooksie, its where you steal all your ideas from.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Haha, brooksie just blocked me on twitter for pointing out it is tough to take him seriously about things when he advocates for the Rangers to go out and sign a FA left winger when they already have 18ish million committed to Kreider and Panarin for the next 6 years and are about to draft another left winger 1OA. How did that snowflake survive as an NYR beat writer for so long when he can't take any criticism at all?

What LW?

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

I mean I’m pretty sure being a petulant child is a requirement to write for the post

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
How long do you think it will take for Laf to get PP1 minutes?
With this coach (If Strome is on the team) I would put money that neither are on the pp1 which is a joke. Hope I am wrong because I feel Kakko could be tremendous if given a legit chance on the pp. Not just the last 15 seconds.

Reactions: Cag29

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
He said $3 million? None of Lafreniere, Kreider or Panarin should play on the 4th line where Martin would play so I'm not sure I see your point.
I think the issue is why invest even MORE cap into a position we are going to be loaded at, especially for a 4th liner?

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
He said $3 million? None of Lafreniere, Kreider or Panarin should play on the 4th line where Martin would play so I'm not sure I see your point.

There is this thing called the salary cap, and the Rangers already have around 18 million committed to Kreider and Panarin. Adding martin at 3 mil per commits a full quarter of the flat cap over the next few years to 3 left wingers, when the Rangers are about to draft another 1st over all.

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
Man has there been a more exciting time in terms of watching the future and the future is here. Really can't wait for day one of the 2020-2021 season. Even october 6th is gonna be super exciting.
Lafreniere, Kakko, Fox, Shesty, ADA, Chytil and not even gonna mention K'Andre/Nils/Robertson/Kravtsov.

And october 9th, when Trouba`s NMC starts:)

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
The Rangers can find a journeyman for just over league minimum to kill penalties and play on the 4th line rather than spend $3 million on Matt Martin. Terrible.

Reactions: Off Sides
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad