Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
This doesn't surprise me. He has built a house here and consider this -- half of his income for this year ($2MM) has already been paid in bonus so an acquiring team would only be paying $2MM salary. That's not going to help Arizona.

Too bad because he would be the perfect partner for Trouba.

Kessel is likely the first guy out the door here and OEL may be next in line. Big changes coming. Hockey ops also getting a big shakeup.

OEL is a big ticket but I think there will be a number of suitors. Calgary has been getting a lot of coverage but my money is on Boston. They could use that type of minute-eater if they're losing Chara and Krug. Krejci only has 1 year left on his deal. DeBrusk available. Seems to line up pretty well.

Kessel is a wild card. After that whole "Phil-whisperer" thing with Tocchet I can't envision a big market.

Reactions: egelband

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
OEL is a big ticket but I think there will be a number of suitors. Calgary has been getting a lot of coverage but my money is on Boston. They could use that type of minute-eater if they're losing Chara and Krug. Krejci only has 1 year left on his deal. DeBrusk available. Seems to line up pretty well.

Kessel is a wild card. After that whole "Phil-whisperer" thing with Tocchet I can't envision a big market.

Buffalo seems like a slam dunk to me.

Reactions: egelband

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Assuming Rangers draft Lafreniere, who is a LW, what do you think NYR will do with Panarin (LW) and Kreider (LW)?

Would Kreider move to the 3rd line eventually (once Lafreniere starts to outproduce him) ?

tbassler

Jul 22, 2009

Mackinnon is elite there's no debating it, had one down year on a team full of turmoil, has been elite all his life. If you were building a team right now he's top 2 forwards to pick from not even close. He is the most complete forward in the NHL.​
The point is that he wasn't elite right away.

He did win the Calder Memorial Trophy and score 63 points at 19 years old. Made the the 2014 all rookie team

That's still pretty awesome. Maybe Lafreniere can get somewhere close if we are lucky.

Reactions: leetch99

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
@bobbop

Replying to your post here since I couldn’t quote it before the lock.

I agree, and I wrote a couple of weeks ago that I don’t think it makes any sense for the Yotes to move on from those guys that are 1) signed to great value contracts and 2) owed less in salary this year than their actual AAV.

They structured the Chychrun, Dvorak, and Keller contracts the same way, which should help them in the immediate future to deal with these financial issues. Like you said in another post, OEL is the big guy they can move for a good amount of assets, and then guys like Kessel will be next in line. I could see someone easily biting on Phil for 2 more years with some additional retention to deal with the flat cap.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Assuming Rangers draft Lafreniere, who is a LW, what do you think NYR will do with Panarin (LW) and Kreider (LW)?

Would Kreider move to the 3rd line eventually (once Lafreniere starts to outproduce him) ?
Yes, RW would be best.

What do you mean by ASSUMING though? :sarcasm:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Nothing.

Lafreniere should be in the third line until he proves otherwise. Which is fine.

Reactions: Irishguy42 and Kupo

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I wouldn't poo poo the idea of Panarin getting some time on the RW if Buchnevich or Kakko are struggling for a spell of time. He can still produce there at even strength.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
I wouldn't poo poo the idea of Panarin getting some time on the RW if Buchnevich or Kakko are struggling for a spell of time. He can still produce there at even strength.
Panarin is so great he can play on either side. My first choice is to just move Kreider to RW though.

Reactions: NYROrtsFan

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Laf and Chytil May end up being a perfect match.

they’ll have time to figure out who plays with who. It’s not a big deal.
I'm all on board for Chytil as the 2C if Strome gets moved. Laf can and will eventually make the top six at some point this season.

Reactions: bernmeister

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Laf and Chytil May end up being a perfect match.

they’ll have time to figure out who plays with who. It’s not a big deal.

I feel like if we've come this far on the Chytil as a center approach, we owe it to ourselves to see how he performs with someone like Kreider, or Lafreniere, or both on his flanks.

Last edited:

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I feel like if we've come this far on the Chytil as a center approach, we owe it to ourselves to see how he performs with somelike Kreider, or Lafreniere, or both on his flanks.
Do you think the Rangers would have interest in Kerfoot? Dreger is saying he would be available to clear salary if Toronto goes after Pietrangelo?

Obviously they were interested when he was coming out of Harvard

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Man has there been a more exciting time in terms of watching the future and the future is here. Really can't wait for day one of the 2020-2021 season. Even october 6th is gonna be super exciting.
Lafreniere, Kakko, Fox, Shesty, ADA, Chytil and not even gonna mention K'Andre/Nils/Robertson/Kravtsov.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I really hope they stay with Chytil at center. Give him a chance and let him continue to develop. If after 2020-2021 he doesn't show any progression then try him at wing.

Reactions: Leetch3

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Do you think the Rangers would have interest in Kerfoot? Dreger is saying he would be available to clear salary if Toronto goes after Pietrangelo?

Obviously they were interested when he was coming out of Harvard

I would be very surprised if there wasn't at least some interest there.

Having said that, if Toronto is looking to reclaim some of the mojo they feel they lost with Kadri, moving one of the pieces they acquired for him is a somewhat interesting choice.

Last edited:

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
What has he shown you that says is ready for such a role?

Kakko can and will eventually make the top six at some point this season.
I just think he has shown me enough and the potential to be that 2C and we owe it to him to give him that chance if Strome is moved. It's going to be a building year still, regardless.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I would be very surprised if there wasn't at least some interest there.

Having said that, if Toronto is looking to reclaim some of the mojo they feel they lost with Kadri, moving one of the pieces they acquired for him is a somewhat interesting choice.

Sort of seems like they've acknowledged that deal was a bust for them given that Barrie is heading to free agency.

Reactions: Edge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->