Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
First team in history to re-sign a player they're still paying on a buyout. It's the kind of innovative ground-breaking GM'ing we need around here.

Calgary did it with Michael Stone.

Flames (re-)sign Michael Stone, who they bought out last month

The CBA only forbids the signing of players bought out using compliance buyouts for one year. There is no restriction on re-signing players on ordinary course buyouts.

This is interesting. Could we buy out Hank then re-sign him for 1 mil? We'd save 2 mil in cap space. He probably doesn't want to be the backup, but if he was amenable to it, it could be the best of both worlds.

Reactions: RGY

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Say Hank retires and we move Georgiev. Would anyone be into taking on Fleury With retention as our backup and getting assets from Vegas for it?

I don't do it if we have to buy out Hank.

Reactions: egelband

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Say Hank retires and we move Georgiev. Would anyone be into taking on Fleury With retention as our backup and getting assets from Vegas for it?

we’re not moving georgiev

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

I think Fleury will be looking for a chance to be the starter, which he won't get here, barring injury.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

depends on the asset...it would have to be pretty substantial.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

so he says that he is hearing that hank won't play for another team and that it is rangers or bust. but it doesn't say anything about how he excites the rangers. he could still force the rangers to buy him out to get his $$ and then retire. nothing said is different than we already knew and I don't think we can jump to the conclusion that he is gonna pull a naslund to help us out.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Meh, that podcast was a lot of speculation and "New York or bust" - implying that if Georgiev were moved that he'd finish out his contract.

I firmly believe that if his mind were made up he would've announced it already. He still might, but I think it's contingent on what the Rangers do and further conversations with JD & JG.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Georgiev isn’t getting any kind of big money on this next deal guys I don’t know where that came from. He’s hardly put up starter numbers. I think he’ll be in around 2 mil give or take. If that. Wouldn’t worry about him he’s still got plenty to prove. He’s not getting traded.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
so he says that he is hearing that hank won't play for another team and that it is rangers or bust. but it doesn't say anything about how he excites the rangers. he could still force the rangers to buy him out to get his $$ and then retire. nothing said is different than we already knew and I don't think we can jump to the conclusion that he is gonna pull a naslund to help us out.

I didn’t say it was any different since I’ve already been saying exactly this haha

but he isn’t going to play for another team and he isn’t playing for us so he’s retiring just don’t know how yet

cwede

Sep 1, 2010

the Hajek to Oulomec article mentions Hank's goodbyes when qualifying round ended FWIW

Šok v Kometě! Příchod Hájka? Ne, obránce bere Olomouc: Mám to blíž

But you were part of the Rangers during the playoffs. How did the farewell of the legend Henrik Lundqvist go?

"It was very sad. After the last match with Carolina, he said goodbye, saying it was his last match. He said he didn't know what would happen to him if the Rangers bought him out or went somewhere else. It was hard for him. He is a great fighter, the best hockey player in terms of approach, training and humanity that I have ever met. I even bought the same jeans he had to look like him. ”(Laughter)

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad