Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
2 Kids and a goat

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and the crusty shell of Brett Hull.

Now, Detroit had a very good team to insulate that line, but, they were basically allowed to devolpe at their own pace, with each other, and the coach gave them ice time that were beneficial situations.

I'd say that worked out well
There is more than one way to skin a cat. I'm just saying the rookies aren't being ruined by limited time and/or bottom 6 assignments. Zetterberg and Datysuk were older and played in men's leagues for multiple seasons. But that's irrelevant when we saw how responsible and successful they were. They earned it.

I'm not pushing one style or another. But I have to call out the bad takes. I could actually just let it go as a disagreement over coaching styles but it always revolves around what Strome got versus what a favorite youngster got. People are actively rooting against the guy. He isn't a perfect player. But he is doing very well for us and killing the return on investment.

Being patient works both ways. We don't want to panic with 20 year old Chytil at center but we also have to rush him into prime opportunities? That doesn't jibe. He didn't earn the spot in camp and Strome had chemistry with Panarin while Chytil got a year to develop in the NHL. Look at all the proposals to find a 2nd line center that is a reclamation project that hopefully meshes with Panarin. Like what the actual f---. That's this dude. Sure he takes bad penalties. Does that justify running him out of town or lamenting his success?

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
I JUST HAD MY APPOINTMENT WITH THE DOCTOR FROM NYC AND I AM GOING TO LIVE!!!! He looked over all my scans and said that there are absolutely no abnormalities with my blood vessels or brain, he thinks my symptoms are most likely caused by my allergies, some sort of nutrition deficiency or a temporary issue with a small muscle around my ears or neck. He thinks it will go away on it’s own, he suggested I get one more test done (MRA with contrast) but it’s only looking for very small & minor things because the scans I’ve done did not pick up anything. He was awesome and didn’t even charge me anything either. One of the best days of my life!

Congrats; I can only imagine how relieved you must be! Hopefully everything works out well going forward.

Reactions: EdJovanovski
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad