Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part IX: Can't take Staal away from AV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I defend AV a lot but these personel decisions have got to go

We rolled a good lineup for 2 games then he totally panicked and won't go back to it

Why not McD with Shatty? Because of one bad period in Toronto?

What he did with the forwards today is just indefensible too. Wow.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Sorry man but this team shouldn't be unprepared to start the season again and again and again and have to have the coaches panic and throw the lines into a blender. That's what I'm really tired of. The coaches aren't preparing this team for the season and I'm just tired of it. Gee how come all these other teams can be ready to go and players have chemistry and they play like they have a purpose, know where their teammates are, and have a gameplan, while the Rangers look like they have no clue what they're doing out there? THis shouldn't be some magical voodoo bull**** about finding the perfect line combinations that magically fix everything, it's about the coaches preparing the team for the season and they fail at it again and again and again.

No I agree with that. I absolutely despise our training camp schedule and have for several years. There’s no reason to make the cuts and then not play a single preseason game with your final roster. Team building is only good if the the team is going to be prepared in the ice too.

I was just saying that in this situation, it’s not a surprise. There’s no cohesiveness at all. This isn’t yet a team on the ice.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Sorry man but this team shouldn't be unprepared to start the season again and again and again and have to have the coaches panic and throw the lines into a blender. That's what I'm really tired of. The coaches aren't preparing this team for the season and I'm just tired of it. Gee how come all these other teams can be ready to go and players have chemistry and they play like they have a purpose, know where their teammates are, and have a gameplan, while the Rangers look like they have no clue what they're doing out there? THis shouldn't be some magical voodoo bull**** about finding the perfect line combinations that magically fix everything, it's about the coaches preparing the team for the season and they fail at it again and again and again.
You mean having 30+ players left with two preseason games remaining isn’t a good idea?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
No I agree with that. I absolutely despise our training camp schedule and have for several years. There’s no reason to make the cuts and then not play a single preseason game with your final roster. Team building is only good if the the team is going to be prepared in the ice too.

I was just saying that in this situation, it’s not a surprise. There’s no cohesiveness at all. This isn’t yet a team on the ice.

Yeah and barring last year when everything just magically clicked right out of the game, they've looked unprepared to start the season pretty much every year AV has been here

It's a marathon not a sprint and blah blah blah but how the coaches can't prepare the players for the start of the season is mind boggling to me.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I think all coaches suck. When a coach is doing his "best" it is usually because the players are all playing really well and he just needs to sit back and touch anything.

Reactions: will1066

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It's not coming out of the gate looking unprepared that really bothers me.

It's looking unprepared for 90% of the games they play during the season thats the real issue. When was the last time this team had a true 60 minute effort? How about a 50 minute one?

Reactions: Riche16

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
And by the way Ada on the top pairing is just setting him up to fail so he can reinsert Holden in the top 4. This is a power struggle with Gorton very clearly.

Ada has no biz playing against Sidney Crosby tomorrow and AV knows it. But instead of playing he kid on the third pair so he can fit in and develop he’s feeding him to the wolves so he can say this kid stinks I’m going back to Holden.

Then burying Shattenkirk on the third pair ala yandle?! Someone needs to step in here and say enough is enough.

We don’t have enough centers. Miller is the best option. Would he be better on wing? Probably but we don’t have that luxury. Miller is a stud he can play top 2C well. Give it a couple games for F’s sake. Not Desharnais. Just ridiculous.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We need #1st 1, 2, 5, or 6 overall picks next 2018 draft - at least 1 of them. :)

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Hahahahahhaahhahaha

Desharnais as the second-line C and breaking up the KZB line and sending Buch to the fourth line..

Tell me again why AV deserves to keep his job

That`s AV in a nutshell - David D. had 1 assist on Nash goal - that is production and promotion in AV`s view.

But we barely had any even strength goals 5 v 5 - so not surprised to see completely different lines in this game.

Last edited:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Screen-Shot-2017-10-16-at-8.55.17-AM.png

Well this looks pretty bad. I realize it's early, but points are points. At what point does Gorton decide it's not their season? 15 games in if they are at or below .333% winning percentage? 20 games?

Not to be a debby downer, but if Hank gets injured, even for a little while, with the way this team is playing, that's lights out.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I can't wait for Crosby and Malkin to eat Desharnais for lunch and spit out the bones. Poor guy, he's going to get massacred.

Yeah, hopefully Chytil get recalled - we need him to play games for us to use his talent.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The team has scored 3 or more just once this season. This shouldn’t be surprising. I know most of you have no patience with AV, but you’re really overreacting.

No one on the team is going. Not even Zibanejad anymore.

Got to have a plan and hold on to it instead of what seems like random changes waiting for some luck or chance that turns things around.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah, hopefully Chytil get recalled - we need him to play games for us to use his talent.

I'd argue that I don't want Chytil anywhere near this team right now. asking a rookie to come in and play well enough to pull this group out of their funk is asking too much. Especially for an 18 year old. let him continue playing in the AHL and hopefully he continues playing well. Re-assess at about the 30-40 game mark.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Well this looks pretty bad. I realize it's early, but points are points. At what point does Gorton decide it's not their season? 15 games in if they are at or below .333% winning percentage? 20 games?

Not to be a debby downer, but if Hank gets injured, even for a little while, with the way this team is playing, that's lights out.

Those kind of things are pointless 6 games into the season. But yes they can't continue to slide and make excuses.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I'd argue that I don't want Chytil anywhere near this team right now. asking a rookie to come in and play well enough to pull this group out of their funk is asking too much. Especially for an 18 year old. let him continue playing in the AHL and hopefully he continues playing well. Re-assess at about the 30-40 game mark.

Very well said. What some of the people here want to do would ruin Chytil. They want to trade for 1sts to draft good prospects but are too impatient to do the right things and let them develop.

Reactions: Hire Sather

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Got to have a plan and hold on to it instead of what seems like random changes waiting for some luck or chance that turns things around.

Oh yeah for sure. Again, 6 games into the season, the lines have already been put into a blender. In the modern NHL you shouldn't be using the first 10-20 games to get your team into shape and find chemistry

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Chytil was nervous in MSG pre-show game - we all saw that, but he produce in AHL. The 11 min. TOI AV let him is too short to have good evaluation - u can`t really tell in 11 minutes - especially when players like Vesey & Paul C. get a lot of TOI in comparison without do anything - he just miss the puck, miss the net, Vesey really struggle this season.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Bad idea to bring a barely 18-year old into an unsettled situation. Hartford is doing well - let him settle in and get it going there for awhile before making a decision.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
David D. playing against Malkin or Crosby - that`s bad idea, and that`s not only because of his size, hehe. :)
Anyway, I will get my pizza, have a good evening! )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad