Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part IX: Can't take Staal away from AV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Thomas Jurco would be the guy to get, righty shot and near carbon copy of Fast. Better 13th forward than what we currently have or down in the AHL.
Yeah, Jurco makes a LOT more sense as an extra forward than Desjardins. Heck, he makes more sense in the lineup than does Carey.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Yeah, Jurco makes a LOT more sense as an extra forward than Desjardins. Heck, he makes more sense in the lineup than does Carey.

If I was going to take anyone off of waivers, Jurco would be the guy - big body, above average skater, decent hands, right handed shot, not afraid to go to the dirty areas. OTOH, he's injured a lot and is super inconsistent. Detroit fans were over the moon to get a late 3rd from Chicago for him last season, so ultimately, you're probably not getting much.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
If I was going to take anyone off of waivers, Jurco would be the guy - big body, above average skater, decent hands, right handed shot, not afraid to go to the dirty areas. OTOH, he's injured a lot and is super inconsistent.
So between him and Fast, we can have that 4th RW spot locked up. Fast also seems to miss games every year. Jurco might get more minutes on the 4th line tan he's ever gotten elsewhere.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Vatrano is speculated to be on waivers prior to start of season because he is viewed to be the odd man out. Hasn’t happened yet.

I don’t think Rychel has shown what Puempel has. I think this is just a case of the grass is always greener.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
If I was going to take anyone off of waivers, Jurco would be the guy - big body, above average skater, decent hands, right handed shot, not afraid to go to the dirty areas. OTOH, he's injured a lot and is super inconsistent. Detroit fans were over the moon to get a late 3rd from Chicago for him last season, so ultimately, you're probably not getting much.
FYI, he’s a lefty

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Jurco is basically just a warm body at this point. He’d be 13F on this squad, and only until Fast is back. I don’t know that he’d beat out Puempel for a spot...and by extension, Carey

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Jurco is basically just a warm body at this point. He’d be 13F on this squad, and only until Fast is back. I don’t know that he’d beat out Puempel for a spot...and by extension, Carey

I wasn't saying we SHOULD put in a claim - just that out of what's available, he's probably the best option given that Read makes way too much money.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Rangers do/did have the cap space for Jagr I believe, they obviously didn't want to sign him. Realistically they don't exactly have a ton of room for him...Vesey is already being pushed to the 4th line.

Reactions: Ori

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Puempel is in the minors, his skills are either a top 9 player or an AHLer. Jurco at this point is a solid 4th liner, pker, very good shot suppressor and wouldn't be a waste if he's teh 13th forward. Actually maybe a bonus that he's indeed a lefty Jurco-DD-Fast might be a decent 4th line. We need pk help.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Puempel is in the minors, his skills are either a top 9 player or an AHLer. Jurco at this point is a solid 4th liner, pker, very good shot suppressor and wouldn't be a waste if he's teh 13th forward. Actually maybe a bonus that he's indeed a lefty Jurco-DD-Fast might be a decent 4th line. We need pk help.
Jurco is on his way to the minors unless someone claims him. Puempel put up more points for us as a spare last season than Jurco scored in the last two seasons combined. I’m not saying it’d be horrible for us to claim him, but as someone else just said on here, Vesey is slotted in the space you’d give Jurco.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Vatrano is speculated to be on waivers prior to start of season because he is viewed to be the odd man out. Hasn’t happened yet.

I don’t think Rychel has shown what Puempel has. I think this is just a case of the grass is always greener.

Shame Vatrano wouldn't make it past whoever is first on the waiver list. Or shouldn't, at least.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Jurco would just be really solid depth, odds are that Chytil isn't staying for more then 9 games, having Jurco to slot in the lineup would be really nice.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Jagr wouldn't get offensive minutes here. He wouldn't like it. Happy he is still in the NHL this year, hope that he puts up 15 +30 and gets another contract.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Jurco is on his way to the minors unless someone claims him. Puempel put up more points for us as a spare last season than Jurco scored in the last two seasons combined. I’m not saying it’d be horrible for us to claim him, but as someone else just said on here, Vesey is slotted in the space you’d give Jurco.
Actually Puempel is already in the minors, Jurco might or might not be going there, we'll find out tomorrow. Jurco is an ideal 4th liner and spare forward, if Puempel was he'd still be with the team. Fact is Jurco is an effective defensive forward, pker very similar to Fast, Puempel is either good enough for top 9 or he's down in the AHL, not smart to have a depth forward that can't play in his own zone, can't pk. Do you not see the team short on pkers? Vesey won't be playing 4th line for long, we could easily have another injury creep up. Chytil might or might not be around in a month. You take a Jurco and send down Carey to help the pack.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Preferred lines by playoffs (if everyone plays average/well)

Kreider Zib Buch
Miller Chytil Zucc
Vesey Hayes Nash
Grabner DD Fast

McDonagh Shattenkirk
Skjei DeAngelo
Smith Pionk

Reactions: Vinny and Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
@Alluckks I doubt Chytil will get more than 9 games, but who knows. I like your lines by the way - maybe Pionk will get a chance in NHL later this year, but I`ve notion that Graves will be the first they call up.

Reactions: Ail
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->