Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXVII: Lot’s of Fools in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I hope I am still alive to see the day we have them gigantic 6+ft monsters on our 4th line like Gettinger and Edstrom? Cuyle ? and that other BIG guy in Hartford . What is the chance of them arriving in the Big Apple and playing here .

I still think we need a heavier game from our 4th line and just the odd goal from them . We need those guys to hound an opposition #1 line and harass them . Same thing on the D...we need some heavier play in the future from a couple of guys ....Miller might add that eventually .....sure hope so !

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
No VK tomorrow. I’m done with this f***ing coach

VK is going to play the next time Gautier does something stupid. I think that is pretty clear what Quinn was saying here. He isn't going to play the dude with Rooney, and doesn't want to be unfair to Gautier who wasn't bad. Julien is one of our kids too.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Feel bad for Gauthier... You know he's feeling the heat.

Buch-Kakko-Kravtsov-Gauthier-Blackwell- | Pajuniemi *Chytil *Howden

No RWs btw

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008

No RWs btw

I mean, the real frustrating thing when you watch the bottom 6 right now is that you have two different types. The guys who go balls-to-the-wall and cause turnovers or you have the younger skill guys not quite playing that way. Pulling up a lot when they need to just go and run through people to retain possession.

The only young kids that do this consistently in the bottom 6 is Chytil and Howden. PDG, Blackwell and Rooney go go go. But Gauths and Laf and even Lemieux are pretty inconsistent in their playing style. And that's why Lemmy is gone. Gauths is in and out. And Laf gets limited minutes. If I were a betting man, I'd say that Kravy, in all likelihood, will just be another player added to this carousel of forwards who are not consistent in their play style. And that's not a bad thing nec. Look at Buch.

I actually think Kravy's arrival is what Laf needed to light a fire under him. To me, when it comes to sitting out a game to let Kravy in, there's a very strong possibility it's Laf who will sit. It'll be between Gauths and Laf.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I don't mind the extra time off for Vitali. It's weird in a way but clearly Quinn operates on a trust level and a honest game factor during practice. It's always been a system where grinders and journeyman who lay it all out there very honestly will thrive with ice time and role.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’d love to give Shesterkin to 6 years I’d pay slightly more to do so. I don’t think I want a goalie over 32 anymore

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I wonder if they just pull their socks up and give Shesty a 8 year extension.

Takes him to 34 years of age, right through his prime.

Fox and Shesty IMO are the most likely candidates to get long term extensions right out of their ELCs
I would if it's around 8x6. I don't think Gorton would.

Maybe something similar to Hank. 6 years but with a lower AAV. 6x5 would be ideal

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I mean, the real frustrating thing when you watch the bottom 6 right now is that you have two different types. The guys who go balls-to-the-wall and cause turnovers or you have the younger skill guys not quite playing that way. Pulling up a lot when they need to just go and run through people to retain possession.

The only young kids that do this consistently in the bottom 6 is Chytil and Howden. PDG, Blackwell and Rooney go go go. But Gauths and Laf and even Lemieux are pretty inconsistent in their playing style. And that's why Lemmy is gone. Gauths is in and out. And Laf gets limited minutes. If I were a betting man, I'd say that Kravy, in all likelihood, will just be another player added to this carousel of forwards who are not consistent in their play style. And that's not a bad thing nec. Look at Buch.

I actually think Kravy's arrival is what Laf needed to light a fire under him. To me, when it comes to sitting out a game to let Kravy in, there's a very strong possibility it's Laf who will sit. It'll be between Gauths and Laf.
I don't see a scenario where they sit Laf.

A RW is more than likely to get traded

Reactions: bernmeister

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

No RWs btw
Gauthier isn’t good enough. Would be glad if Seattle took him over others. Would move him and/or Blackwell at the deadline.

Reactions: pld459666

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I don’t wanna hear the excuse about not inserting VK into the lineup after a 5-2 win. I’m, sorry I don’t. They’re gonna be playing the worst team in the league, I don’t wanna hear Quinn’s excuse that VK hasn’t completed his Duolingo app or whatever the f*** the excuse is. He’s not some kid, he was drafted 3 years ago, he just played another season in the second best league in the world. No more f***ing excuses, play the man, and not on the 4th line to get 6 minutes.
Yeah. It’s a terrific time to get the kid into the lineup. Against a weak opponent and while the team is riding high.
I’m sure someone needs a maintenance day or bruised a rib. But hoping it’s not Gauthier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->