Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXVII: Lot’s of Fools in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
What’s the ranking since Panarin returned which largely coincides with Zibanejad recovering from post-Covid too?

3rd at 28.3%. The PP argument is so weird. It's been great for a while. You don't just not count games against Buffalo,Philly,Pittsburgh because it was good. The overall rank is bad because they started off poorly. What does that matter?

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Getting my first on saturday. I hear the second dose kicks your butt.

not for all people and it depends on which u get. Most of my family got pfizer but nobody really felt any side effects after second dose. And most of them had covid at least once. I know others who felt like crap for one day though. So it really all depends.

i got the moderna one, first shot only, and damn my shoulder was sore for 2 days. Dont get my second for 3 more weeks.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Getting my second dose of Pfizer this Sunday.

The first dose had no effect on me except my arm was sore for 2 days.

However, my wife was sick with flu like symptoms (aches, fatigue, sick feeling overall) for 2 days from her first dose. Difference between us is she had covid last April and I never got it (which is still shocking to me considering she had it) and we've heard anecdotally that people who have already had covid will have more side effects from the vaccine than those who haven't had covid.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Apparently the younger you are, the worse the side effects are with Moderna. And it feels like someone hit you with a baseball bat in the arm. J&J has the least reported side effects.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I had no reaction to first Moderna shot other than a slightly sore arm.

Wife received Pfizer first shot and again just sore arm

2nd shots coming up soon, we'll see.

I had to get a tetanus booster couple month back, that gave me the sore arm like someone had just punched me there for a couple days, so maybe I am relating it to that shot which hurt more at the time and after.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY

I got Moderna and this was true for me/a couple of people I know. 1st and 2nd shot, my arm was sore both times for about 3 days. Felt more sick after the 2nd shot (relatively at least, felt like I was in a fog for about 3 days and had a decent headache). Wasn't debilitating but definitely didn't want to do a whole lot.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Same. I felt really bad for like 6 hours, then it went away.
Yeah. Was really tired but couldn’t sleep the night after because I had a 102 fever that didn’t break until around 1:30pm the next day. Took the afternoon off work the day of and the morning off work the day after.

No regrets at all. Would do it again if it would help.

Reactions: McSauer

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
HIGHLY suggest drinking a lot of sugar free powerade or gatorade the day of and then 48hrs after the 2nd shot if you get Moderna. The electrolytes help tremendously and the lack of sugar will prevent other side effects if you drink a lot of it like suggested. It made a massive difference for me personally and I know it has for many others as well.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Mixed bag amongst my friends/family who have gotten it. One had her butt kicked after the first dose but felt fine after the 2nd dose. My Dad had no issues after the first or second dose aside from a sore arm. Two other friends had flu-like symptoms for 24 hours after the 2nd shot.

I get my 2nd shot of Moderna tomorrow. So we'll see how it goes. Sore arm after the first then got "covid arm" like a week later and that took like 12 days to clear up. Relatively common so don't panic if you get the same.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Mixed bag amongst my friends/family who have gotten it. One had her butt kicked after the first dose but felt fine after the 2nd dose. My Dad had no issues after the first or second dose aside from a sore arm. Two other friends had flu-like symptoms for 24 hours after the 2nd shot.

I get my 2nd shot of Moderna tomorrow. So we'll see how it goes. Sore arm after the first then got "covid arm" like a week later and that took like 12 days to clear up. Relatively common so don't panic if you get the same.

Can you describe 'COVID Arm'? I get my first dose Friday

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Pfizer #2 absolutely destroyed my wife for a couple days, and she’s still tasting metal a few days later. I have a sore arm and some dizziness after Pfizer #1 yesterday.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Basically a rash that appears at and around the injection site up to a week after the shot. Mine was warm, a tiny bit swollen, and a little bit painful/itchy for the first 2 or 3 days, but totally fine after that. Some people have a small rash but mine was basically the entire outside portion of my arm between my shoulder and elbow. My doctor said it was reasonably common and absolutely nothing to worry about. Doesn't impact your 2nd dose at all.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
The cliff notes version is the injection pushes the muscles fibers around in a dense and tight environment. Then your body sends blood in to have various cells investigate then treat, compounding the irritation and density. Your muscle has the same thing going on as a bruise at the end of the day. Sore and achey.

Reactions: NYR Viper

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
3rd at 28.3%. The PP argument is so weird. It's been great for a while. You don't just not count games against Buffalo,Philly,Pittsburgh because it was good. The overall rank is bad because they started off poorly. What does that matter?

Yup, please anyone explain why over 28% is bad (other than fans' entitlement to wanting their favorite players on it and unfavorite -ahem Strome - off it).

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
Again, I think most of discussions missing the point that our 2nd PP unit is subpar - either in comparison to the NHL average, or significantly subpar relative to PP1.

The other thing that I’ve been harping on is that PP success measured in per 60 is a flawed stat. From the eye test - the longer possession is maintained in the offense zone - the more there’s a probability for success due to PK unit that stays becoming tired and allowing more high danger chances against to develop.

If you have prolonged zone time on the PP, which will as you correctly state increases the probability of success, then you will score more often before the 2:00 expires, which will be reflected in "per 60," since you scored in a hypothetical 1:30.

If you're "controlling well but not scoring," then there's no difference shown between that and "controlling poorly and not scoring." The stat itself is not flawed if it doesn't explain "why" a PP is failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad