Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXVII: Lot’s of Fools in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I don’t wanna hear the excuse about not inserting VK into the lineup after a 5-2 win. I’m, sorry I don’t. They’re gonna be playing the worst team in the league, I don’t wanna hear Quinn’s excuse that VK hasn’t completed his Duolingo app or whatever the f*** the excuse is. He’s not some kid, he was drafted 3 years ago, he just played another season in the second best league in the world. No more f***ing excuses, play the man, and not on the 4th line to get 6 minutes.
I wouldn't have a problem with this really, but I don't expect as much from him as others may (not necessarily you).

We've been through this whole "He's played against men" routine before.

Until he shows something on NHL ice I expect him to struggle... maybe badly... as did MANY before him wearing a NYR sweater.

I expect as hard as it may be for some (again not YOU specifically) that the NYR will do what they think is best for HIS development. That may mean playing him in game 2 against Buffalo or later than that.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
define blow it up?

I’d trade both Strome , Chytil then a 1st , prospect like Robertson and even another piece

Zib , Eichel , a FA defensive C , Rooney
Look at all the teams that win ever are loaded w 2 superstars most of the time

Eichel - Panarin
Crosby-Malkin
Kane-Toews
Ovy-Backstrom

I think we already have two super stars in panarin and Mika (I don’t buy for a second this first half Mika is anything but an abberation he’s too good)

the Rangers make the playoffs despite their warts if panarin doesn’t go into witness protection for 10 games and mika doesn’t have that start.

I think trading Strome Chytil a first and Robertson is not worth messing with what we already have in a much much improved Strome and a still developing Chytil. Especially with the wingers we have.

my two cents.

Reactions: TheBPA

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I think we already have two super stars in panarin and Mika (I don’t buy for a second this first half Mika is anything but an abberation he’s too good)

the Rangers make the playoffs despite their warts if panarin doesn’t go into witness protection for 10 games and mika doesn’t have that start.

I think trading Strome Chytil a first and Robertson is not worth messing with what we already have in a much much improved Strome and a still developing Chytil. Especially with the wingers we have.

my two cents.
Still don't think we are a playoff team with a full Mika and full time Bread this year and maybe not even next, but adding Eichel doesn't really help our issues: inexperience.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
I happen to agree and the real Eichel package would be even more painful.
I want to stick with this team and the blue chippers still to come.

What we’re seeing now completely validates sell offs. To have Strome, Lindgren & Miller from a fading Nash is crazy good. Total home run. Getting Lundkvist alone for McD is a win for me.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
It'll be an interesting start to the business day if Ghostisbehere is claimed. I'm hoping for some silly move from Philly. Not sure if they would be able to do it right away but it'll at the very least be accumulating cap for the deadline.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
It'll be an interesting start to the business day if Ghostisbehere is claimed. I'm hoping for some silly move from Philly. Not sure if they would be able to do it right away but it'll at the very least be accumulating cap for the deadline.

Reactions: Tob

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
The faster they bring up Barron, the better.

The faster they give Chytil defensive responsibilities, the better.
The faster they hire Keith Tkachuk the better !!! Get him on payroll and maybe the flock will say...I only want to play in NY !!!! LOL....

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I think the cap issue even if they trade Buch and Strome will be two part, the Rangers will want NHLers back for them, and those incoming players will not be that much cheaper against the cap, if at all. And the teams trading for them are not going to just absorb their whole future cap hits without needing to send some cap hit back themselves.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Ghost is going to be dealt to Florida for a bag of pucks. They have the cap space now with Ekblad on LTIR. Bet they buy out Stralman over the summer to keep Ghost for next year.

Reactions: bernmeister

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
At this point, should we consider exposing Georgiev to Seattle in the hopes they take him, or keep him as a backup next year and hope his game improves?

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
At this point, should we consider exposing Georgiev to Seattle in the hopes they take him, or keep him as a backup next year and hope his game improves?
Unless the team makes some moves prior to the expansion draft where it makes the protected lists more of an issue, I see no reason to expose Georgiev

Right now the player they stand to lose is someone like Blackwell, Rooney or Howden in the forward department or someone like Hajek on defense

These guys aren’t world beaters and the team won’t bat an eye if one of them is taken.

Although maybe they could expose Georgiev because they want to dump his salary for nothing. But even then it’s not like he’s making a ton

Reactions: I Eat Crow

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
The thought of Fox, Kakko, Laf, and Shesty hitting their peaks is just unfathomable. They would have talent out the wazoo.

Then add in the potential of Krav, Miller, and Nils hitting their peaks is just not fair haha.

Reactions: McSauer

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
well add Barron and Kravtsov means they may trade PDG, Gauthier and or Howden by the deadline
But that implies that barron and kravtsov are playing 4th line minutes. There are only so many minutes available, and the guys we have on the 4th line right now are 4th liners. Barron and Kravtsov need to come in as top 9 guys in some form. They will gain nothing playing 6-8mins a game with Rooney and no special team time.

Reactions: bernmeister

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I know there was interest from the Rangers, among several other forwards.

For example, the Rangers pursued Hardman, but he chose Chicago.

I didn't get the sense that Kawaguchi was at the top of their list though.
At what point does the NYR depth of prosepcts work against them with signing these kind of guys? More competition for an NHL job and/or lack of opportunities?

Reactions: duhmetreE

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What if you could get Eichel for Strome, Buch, Zack Jones, a first and a second?

I mean the prospect isn’t a big one but that’s two ppg players from your active roster, at least one of which you were probably planning to move already?

Kreider - Zibanejad - Kakko
Panarin - Eichel - Kravtsov
Lafreniere- Chytil - Gauthier

You probably actually dip into free agency to find a Fast-like player for a year or two in case Kravtsov needs protection.
Eichel is a wonderful, elite top line center. But at this point, just looking at the people you have included, I think that is overpaying. Buchnevich's trade profile has risen a lot. As has Strome's.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
At what point does the NYR depth of prosepcts work against them with signing these kind of guys? More competition for an NHL job and/or lack of opportunities?

It is certainly a factor --- though it varies.

If you're a LW or a RD, this probably isn't your preferred destination. If you're a center, you might feel there's opportunity there.

But their agents usually look at a number of factors including development opportunities, location, etc.

Reactions: bleedblue94

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
Still don't think we are a playoff team with a full Mika and full time Bread this year and maybe not even next, but adding Eichel doesn't really help our issues: inexperience.
We will find out over next 4 games if we are playoff team or not. 2 against Buffalo and then 2 against Pittsburgh. Unless we win all 4 I don't think we will be there at the end. Teams we are closer to in Boston/Pitt have tough stretches coming up.

Reactions: DialUp

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
PDG because of that moronic penalty last night and because he was awful.

Then move Gauthier down to the 4th line.
I would be potentially open to that, but Gauthier didn't look bad at all on the line with Lafreniere and Chytil. Plus PDG does provide at least a semblance of a physical element.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad