Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXVII: Lot’s of Fools in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I’d rather keep Mika Strome Chytil together than blow it up for Eichel

define blow it up?

I’d trade both Strome , Chytil then a 1st , prospect like Robertson and even another piece

Zib , Eichel , a FA defensive C , Rooney
Look at all the teams that win ever are loaded w 2 superstars most of the time

Eichel - Panarin
Crosby-Malkin
Kane-Toews
Ovy-Backstrom

Reactions: bbny and mas0764

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
define blow it up?

I’d trade both Strome , Chytil then a 1st , prospect like Robertson and even another piece

Zib , Eichel , a FA defensive C , Rooney
Look at all the teams that win ever are loaded w 2 superstars most of the time

Eichel - Panarin
Crosby-Malkin
Kane-Toews
Ovy-Backstrom
Breadman/Zibby are already our 2 superstar combo.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Also only had a 2 year ELC, and only the 2nd year Girardi was with the club full time.

I could definitely see a 2-3 year bridge deal for Lindgren working, but you're underselling the role Lindgren has played for this team.

Id try to get Lindgren on a long term deal that will be team friendly once the cap starts rising.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
What if you could get Eichel for Strome, Buch, Zack Jones, a first and a second?

I mean the prospect isn’t a big one but that’s two ppg players from your active roster, at least one of which you were probably planning to move already?

Kreider - Zibanejad - Kakko
Panarin - Eichel - Kravtsov
Lafreniere- Chytil - Gauthier

You probably actually dip into free agency to find a Fast-like player for a year or two in case Kravtsov needs protection.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
What if you could get Eichel for Strome, Buch, Zack Jones, a first and a second?

I mean the prospect isn’t a big one but that’s two ppg players from your active roster, at least one of which you were probably planning to move already?

You probably actually dip into free agency to find a Fast-like player for a year or two in case Kravtsov needs protection.
Yeah, trading that 2nd at least keeps gordie from drafting another goalie.

Reactions: bhamill and RGY

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
ADA to Florida makes sense with Ek’s injury. Offensive D-man which they need that can run a PP. Defensively not even close

Maybe they pick up Ghost—both make around the same salary.
Ghost is from Florida. I think they pick him up and fix him. Yandle as a mentor. ADA is probably not getting picked up. We have to buy out players every year apparently.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Tkachuk is exactly the type of player they should be looking for, winger or not. He would diversify the winger group nicely. No idea what Calgary would be looking for in a trade though.
I just dont know where he fits unless you are trading Buchnevich in the deal or another deal. Because even if you say Kreider could move to the 3rd line, that would only be because you have Lafreniere moving to the 1st like. The right side is Buch and Kakko right now. I mean I guess you can move Buch to the 3rd line and get Tkachuk on the 1st line.

Lafreniere-Zib-Tkachuk
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Kreider-Chytil-Buch

As much as Tkachuk would make us tougher to play against which is absolutely what we are looking for, I just think Lindholm would make the most sense for us. I also dont think you get Lindholm/Tkackuk without Buch going the other way as much as I dont want to trade Buch

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Gostisbehere has 2 more seasons left after this at 4.5AAV. He's clearing waivers.

If philly moves him, its a bad money for bad money swap. Nobody is taking that contract off their hands for free.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I’d rather keep Mika Strome Chytil together than blow it up for Eichel

I question though if we can afford all 3 though under the cap...the difference between eichel and mika isn't going to be that much.

lets guess that with the flat cap you can mika for 8.5, strome for 6.5 and chytil for 3.5 (which might all be on the low side)...add in $1 mil for a 4th line center and thats $19.5 mil to your 4 centers. which isn't bad on its own until you factor in how much $$ we expect to spend on wingers and dmen...

you'd have the space short term and can plan on trading strome in a few years when more of the ELCs expire, but we aren't going to be able to keep everyone....some tough decisions are coming.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I just dont know where he fits unless you are trading Buchnevich in the deal or another deal. Because even if you say Kreider could move to the 3rd line, that would only be because you have Lafreniere moving to the 1st like. The right side is Buch and Kakko right now. I mean I guess you can move Buch to the 3rd line and get Tkachuk on the 1st line.

Lafreniere-Zib-Tkachuk
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Kreider-Chytil-Buch

As much as Tkachuk would make us tougher to play against which is absolutely what we are looking for, I just think Lindholm would make the most sense for us. I also dont think you get Lindholm/Tkackuk without Buch going the other way as much as I dont want to trade Buch
I don’t want to trade Buch either, but to me, the problem is ultimately that our wing depth is redundant. The other issue is, though, why would a team trade a skilled and tough winger for just a skilled one, unless the skilled one was WAY more skilled.

Players like the Tkachuks and Tom Wilson are probably not for sale.

Reactions: bleedblue94

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I question though if we can afford all 3 though under the cap...the difference between eichel and mika isn't going to be that much.

lets guess that with the flat cap you can mika for 8.5, strome for 6.5 and chytil for 3.5 (which might all be on the low side)...add in $1 mil for a 4th line center and thats $19.5 mil to your 4 centers. which isn't bad on its own until you factor in how much $$ we expect to spend on wingers and dmen...

you'd have the space short term and can plan on trading strome in a few years when more of the ELCs expire, but we aren't going to be able to keep everyone....some tough decisions are coming.

sure but you’d still need a 2C and 3C after paying Eichel. I’m not convinced we want to replace Mika with Eichel I think the plan prob is to replace Strome with Eichel. To me for what Strome is this year I don’t see the need and to your point with such talented wingers I really don’t see the need. Panarin doesn’t need a 10 mil center.

but again I will say it. It’s not because I want to do it but there’s no way I’m paying Buchnevich. Not with the young wingers we have and the centers and fox that we need to pay.

but yes I think I keep Mika for under 10. I keep Strome for under 7 and I have a very young Chytil who may not even get 3.5 for another couple years.

20 mil on those 3 is really good money spent IMO. I don’t need everyone to be under 25 years old.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I don’t want to trade Buch either, but to me, the problem is ultimately that our wing depth is redundant. The other issue is, though, why would a team trade a skilled and tough winger for just a skilled one, unless the skilled one was WAY more skilled.

Players like the Tkachuks and Tom Wilson are probably not for sale.
Difference between Washington and Calgary is one team is stuck in the mud trending in the wrong direction. They could get multiple picks and prospects/players for Tkachuk. Buch is still young enough and cheaper than Tkachuk. Not as tough as Tkachuk but plays with an edge and now has added PKing to his resume.

I still think the move is Lindholm. I like Eichel a lot but that cost scares me, both in terms of assets and cap hit. You can get Lindholm and still revisit Eichel IF Zibanejad is asking for an extension north of what Eichel’s AAV Cap hit is. But you would need to start those extension talks this summer with Zib because I think Buffalo moves Eichel then.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
sure but you’d still need a 2C and 3C after paying Eichel. I’m not convinced we want to replace Mika with Eichel I think the plan prob is to replace Strome with Eichel. To me for what Strome is this year I don’t see the need and to your point with such talented wingers I really don’t see the need. Panarin doesn’t need a 10 mil center.

but again I will say it. It’s not because I want to do it but there’s no way I’m paying Buchnevich. Not with the young wingers we have and the centers and fox that we need to pay.

but yes I think I keep Mika for under 10. I keep Strome for under 7 and I have a very young Chytil who may not even get 3.5 for another couple years.

20 mil on those 3 is really good money spent IMO. I don’t need everyone to be under 25 years old.

yeah the discussion remains the same with eichel....given our wingers, I think the biggest decision the team will make is whether you pay close to $10 mil for a legit #1 center. or if you go for a 1B type that allows you to have depth down the middle. cause i'm not sure that we can afford to do both...even if you keep mika, fast forward 2 years and we probably have to move strome. then chytil is your #2 and you might need a cheap 3C.

it saves the talent we'd have to trade away...but the impact to the cap extending mika won't be that much different than with eichel. and then you have to wonder if the guys we'd trade for eichel will become cap casualties eventually anyway

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The faster they bring up Barron, the better.

The faster they give Chytil defensive responsibilities, the better.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

id take Barkov over Eichel. more complete player and better. I dont care for Eichel

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I don’t wanna hear the excuse about not inserting VK into the lineup after a 5-2 win. I’m, sorry I don’t. They’re gonna be playing the worst team in the league, I don’t wanna hear Quinn’s excuse that VK hasn’t completed his Duolingo app or whatever the f*** the excuse is. He’s not some kid, he was drafted 3 years ago, he just played another season in the second best league in the world. No more f***ing excuses, play the man, and not on the 4th line to get 6 minutes.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So does Smith get traded at the deadline ? 50 off I think somebody takes him for a mid round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->