Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXV: Sell some now, buy some later

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I saw this. Would be curious which of those games were given that distinction. Only last night and a Halak game or two stand out to me in this category.

Short memory on your part. I’d say there from my memory at least 6 games this season like this.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
3 in the first 10 games. Go look it up
I mean that’s kind of my point though. I could only name two or three off the top of my hand of a statistic that the Rangers are (allegedly) leading. If people can’t name off the bat what those games are, I am wondering how arbitrary this is.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I mean that’s kind of my point though. I could only name two or three off the top of my hand of a statistic that the Rangers are (allegedly) leading. If people can’t name off the bat what those games are, I am wondering how arbitrary this is.

Vally has statistics from a site that officially tracks it. Matches my memory as I do remember at least three games when we were beat by a goalie, but if you’re questioning it then you should spent some effort to support it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Vally has statistics from a site that officially tracks it. Matches my memory as I do remember at least three games when we were beat by a goalie, but if you’re questioning it then you should spent some effort to support it.
I support it by only remember two or three games, which I named. I’m good.

blinknyr182

Dec 16, 2017
Brooklyn
it feels like the organization is putting not getting bad press of sending these kids elsewhere to develop properly in front of just being patient, they aren't NHL players yet and I don't get how playing 7 minutes a night is helping anything I don't get the thinking here

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
11 games before the trade deadline. The part that I hate is that we have 4 games in a row vs. the Devils immediately following the deadline. We gotta hope the Flyers implode continues in the next three weeks so the picture as to whether to buy or sell makes itself clear.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
11 games before the trade deadline. The part that I hate is that we have 4 games in a row vs. the Devils immediately following the deadline. We gotta hope the Flyers implode continues in the next three weeks so the picture as to whether to buy or sell makes itself clear.
There is almost zero chance this team is buying even if we do get closer to that 4th spot by the deadline.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
The fact that the last six games of the season are against NYI, WAS, and BOS really sucks.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
There is almost zero chance this team is buying even if we do get closer to that 4th spot by the deadline.
I honestly wouldn’t mind adding a lil as long as the move helps us past this year and it doesn’t cost any tier 1 assets. Maybe like a Jarnkrok or a Bennett. A reliable 3rd 4th line type

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I honestly wouldn’t mind adding a lil as long as the move helps us past this year and it doesn’t cost any tier 1 assets. Maybe like a Jarnkrok or a Bennett. A reliable 3rd 4th line type

Adding someone like Jarnkrok makes sense if the cost is not a draft pick or prospect. I honestly wouldn't be opposed to trading Gauthier for a young NHL-er that can step into the line up immediately. With how this coaching staff has (mis)managed Gauthier, I can't really be too upset if they trade him away and give the kid an honest shot elsewhere.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Adding someone like Jarnkrok makes sense if the cost is not a draft pick or prospect. I honestly wouldn't be opposed to trading Gauthier for a young NHL-er that can step into the line up immediately. With how this coaching staff has (mis)managed Gauthier, I can't really be too upset if they trade him away and give the kid an honest shot elsewhere.
Yes I can see him flourish elsewhere in a 3rd line role getting 20-25 goals a year with his tools. Howden might be a late bloomer too. He could carve out a good career as a bottom 6 guy still but I don’t think either of these guys future lies with the rangers IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->