Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXV: Sell some now, buy some later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
We dodged a bullet not giving Strome a long term deal last summer

My appetite to give him an extension past what he’s got now is in the negatives

not disagreeing with the end decision...but after producing with no panarin and mika being invisible, strome has only upped his value this year

Reactions: kovazub94

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
not disagreeing with the end decision...but after producing with no panarin and mika being invisible, strome has only upped his value this year
If Strome has good enough value Gorton will trade him. Last year he tried hard to move him and Gorton couldn't find a decent offer. If he get's a decent offer he's gone I think.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
i think strome is hugely under-appreciated here...but given the choice, i'm picking buch. chytil is ready to be 2C, not as clear on the young wingers....but either way you need to make sure there is no NMC/NTC clause so you have the option to move them in year 3+ of the deal if the kids emerge and we need the cap flexibility...

but I think the first domino in the cap situation is what we are going to do with 1C...how much cap space we allocate to that position will likely dictate our options for the rest of the lineup....

I agree that it starts with 1C decision but between Strome being center / winger and that Buchnevich is likely to bring back more in a trade I’d go for keeping Strome over Buch if this is the decision.

Reactions: Daves a mess

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Was Strome's skating ever that bad with us? It seems like he's a quicker player this year but maybe I was judging him before off of reputation/his brother Dylan.

All of the big three vet extensions (Buch/Strome/Zib) are tough calls, and I'm not sure what those deals will look like with the covid cap.

Reactions: egelband

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
Hope Johnson recovers...

BUT... what a complete WASTE of f***ing money that was...

Temporary insulation for Miller was a positive byproduct. It was a literal waste of $200k, but not a big deal.

I wish we had instead acquired an actual 3LD through next season that would allow us to continue to evaluate Hajek & Tarmo in sheltered roles before Robertson starts knocking on (or knocking down) the door, but it is what it is and could have been worse.

Reactions: White Death 24

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
We dodged a bullet not giving Strome a long term deal last summer

My appetite to give him an extension past what he’s got now is in the negatives
It’s especially hard dodging bullets when you’re pointing the gun to your own head.

Last edited:

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
For Hayton I'd consider moving our 1st this year assuming no lottery win. ~10th overall pick in a weak draft.

Maybe I am overrating the Hayton I remember from the WJCs. Don't presume to have seen him a lick this year. But if he can be a Brassard-like add at 20 years old I'd move the pick.
I’m not overly impressed by Hayton, thought the pick was a bad one at the time. That said, I trade this years first for him for sure. He fits the timeline better, fills a need, and has plenty of room to grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad