Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXIX: Going 11-3 to close out this crazy year should do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
We could use a good shit-stirrer.
Okay, yet

Panarin, Kreider, Zbad, Strome, Trouba, Smith, are vets and other than Smith they are all signed for next year.

Buch has over 300 games played.

Howden, Chytil over two full seasons.

This is not a team that is running so many kids, Blackwell, Rooney are like 28 years old too.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Instead of a buyout, does it make sense to trade DeAngelo to the Kraken with a draft pick, so we don't have to lose anyone? I mean I would LOVE to lose Howden, but I don't think the Rangers are as eager.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Instead of a buyout, does it make sense to trade DeAngelo to the Kraken with a draft pick, so we don't have to lose anyone? I mean I would LOVE to lose Howden, but I don't think the Rangers are as eager.
They won’t want to pay the contract. He’s gonna be bought out at seasons end, cost a couple hundred grand against cap, and they will sign somewhere for 1.5 mil or so on a 1 or 2 year deal to a team that will take the risk on him

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Not trying to be a jerk, everyone wants some of those types, yet only a very select few players can do that and also be actual good players. Then have to factor in how much they cost against the cap.
Depends. More established guys like Goodrow, Kadri, Wilson, Anderson, Coleman, etc are all known quantities and would cost a lost of assets or cap. But the devils have a guy like wood. The rangers have had a hard on for Trent Frederic for years. He wouldn’t have costed a lot. More now. He would have been an excellent add. It’s about identifying them kind of early and giving them a shot to play and prove themselves. What rebuilding teams should be doing on their 3rd and 4th lines

Reactions: Off Sides

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

I don't see Seattle starting a franchise with Deangelo in it. I think the buyout is so low ny would prefer to keep the pick.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Might as well claim I heard we are gonna be going hard after Bonino because it's a no brainer just like Chara was.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I honestly think we'll continue to build from within and hope our older players continue to grow into leaders. Id like for them to try and find a young center that would eventually replace Strome or Zib depending on who gets resigned.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
What’s happened to Barrett Hayton? I know the coyotes are not in a spot to trade their top prospects but he probably would fit well here especially considering his chemistry with Laf. Obviously question is what would it take?

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
What’s happened to Barrett Hayton? I know the coyotes are not in a spot to trade their top prospects but he probably would fit well here especially considering his chemistry with Laf. Obviously question is what would it take?

Tocchet is not great with kids, he likes his vets and Hayton was not ready. Tbh I'm not sure about Hayton, I want to like him but I think it will take some time before he is ready for the show.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

i got shot down by most with the TDA to Seattle

nyr management should be ok w losing Howden since Barron looks close

Reactions: Ranger Spice

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I don't care about the top 9...it should be able to align itself . Buch moved and Strome moved ...the new fourth line should go like this Barron-Czikas-Brett Ritchie and another option is Barron-Howden on steriods-Geerston ? /Ritchie . Either way....we need some snarl and a prick in that 3rd line C spot . Plain and simple...we have to add 3 guys that are always willing to take a stand .

Reactions: wafflepadsave

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Just making a random observation. Does anyone get a bit of a Chara vibe from K'Andre? Not exact playing style, but when Chara broke in with the Isles, he was a bit lost. Made tons of awful reads, and was a bit awkward. Hoping K makes huge strides with his IQ and confidence. The potential is there, and he's in a pretty good situation. Definitely a huge cog if the Rangers want to get to be contenders.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Depends. More established guys like Goodrow, Kadri, Wilson, Anderson, Coleman, etc are all known quantities and would cost a lost of assets or cap. But the devils have a guy like wood. The rangers have had a hard on for Trent Frederic for years. He wouldn’t have costed a lot. More now. He would have been an excellent add. It’s about identifying them kind of early and giving them a shot to play and prove themselves. What rebuilding teams should be doing on their 3rd and 4th lines

Sure, if Goodrow can be signed cheaply as a UFA, I'd be all for that sort of signing if that contract equates to what a 4th line vet should get. Yet if he like Laughton or Lowry, that requires 3M or more on a 5 year deal, I'd be out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->