Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXIX: Going 11-3 to close out this crazy year should do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Larkin first has to be made available. As of now, he is not. He would cost not as much as Eichel. I believe two prospects that no one wants to trade would get it done. So let's say a Kravstov and Lundqvist. Eichel we all know about. That is a Buchnevich, Lundqvist, Chytil and a 1st.

Of those two, I would probably pull the trigger on the Larkin deal. If the rumors about the LA package are anywhere near accurate, then yeah, that would be tough to beat for Eichel. Even without, I am more and more squarely in the "No Eichel" camp.

Barkov has little reason to leave Florida. So I think he stays.

I think that the future probably holds one of Zibenajad or Strome and Chytil as 2C. But we could see a scenario where both Strome and Mika are gone. Chances are that all three of Buchnevich, Mika and Strome are gone in the medium term. All depends on their ask and who, if any, are willing to take a Kreider like deal and stay with the team.

The young defensemen will start to get moved. Could well be as soon as this summer. You could trade Lundqvist AND Robertson and still be looking at a scenario where in a few years it is Trouba and 5 home grown defensemen. Which is pretty crazy by itself.
Yup.

Might of been a "boring" trade deadline but REAL tough decisions are going to be made specifically around the center position as soon as this summer. Some here are gonna love them , some are gonna be chewing Lexapro like Pez candy.

Would love to be in the room when the big boys in upper management decide on where they want to go with Mika. Betcha whatever the decision, it won't be unanimous. Especially when Mikas agent undoubtedly starts throwing 10 mill per numbers to start.

I trust JD, Gorts, and Drury so like I said, for me,, its gonna be fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: wafflepadsave

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Would love to be in the room when the big boys in upper management decide on where they want to go with Mika. Betcha whatever the decision it won't be unanimous. Especially when Mikas agent undoubtedly starts throwing 10 mill per numbers to start.

I trust JD, Gorts, and Drury so like I said, for me,, its gonna be fun.
Without a doubt, Mika is the first domino.

I think that they walk away from him for $10. UNLESS, the term is incredibly enticing. No. $10 may be too rich, I think.

Reactions: Daves a mess

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Last edited:

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Lol, I stopped reading brooks when he private messaged me on twitter telling me not to read his stuff anymore while blooking me for pointing out an obvious error in one of his articles.

Reactions: Fitzy

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Reactions: bernmeister

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
In 2014 we traded MDZ for Klein. I remember reading the reactions on this board that we traded a 24 year old for a 30 year old. I wasn’t a fan of the trade until I saw what Klein’s presence added to the team.

That was a great trade for us. Terrible trade for Nashville since they didn’t even tender Del Zotto.

We were all-in in 2014. Different scenario than we’re in now. Gorts and JD keep preaching patience, so maybe they’re committed to finishing the construction of our blue line internally and prefer 1 year stop gap vets until they see what they have with the kids.

A guy like Klein on our bottom pair would really help solidify things though.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
In 2014 we traded MDZ for Klein. I remember reading the reactions on this board that we traded a 24 year old for a 30 year old. I wasn’t a fan of the trade until I saw what Klein’s presence added to the team.

That was a great trade for us. Terrible trade for Nashville since they didn’t even tender Del Zotto.

We were all-in in 2014. Different scenario than we’re in now. Gorts and JD keep preaching patience, so maybe they’re committed to finishing the construction of our blue line internally and prefer 1 year stop gap vets until they see what they have with the kids.

Klien for MDZ is one of Sathers best deals during his tenure, maybe the best.

Klein was our best Dman for large parts of 2015, then his back crapped out and he was a shell of his former self.

Reactions: leetch99

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

I think he had just turned 29 but I see your point. Man he was such a rock solid defenseman for us, haven't heard his name in awhile.

Reactions: bl02

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Interesting. Would have been pretty cool to have Big Z mentoring the young guys.

Not really sure it's as much of an issue next season, you have Fox and Lindgren entering their 3rd seasons, they aren't spring chickens anymore. Maybe find someone as an upgrade over Smith though for a 6-7 spot. Smith has really went downhill this season IMO.

always was big fan of Z especially when he got better when the Islanders traded him in one of the worst trades ever made

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I don't know about Z for this season cause we are still in a weird purgatory between competing and draft lottery.

But next season consider me as an advocate of signing Chara. I was actually thinking about this 2 or 3 days ago. I wonder if he is going to play another year. At what he will sign for it would be a steal no matter what.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Chara is still an incredible defender at 44 and I have no problem with him, but this team needs speed.

He's the opposite of speed.

fm

Jul 28, 2016
They're only a player or two away, to be honest. Hopefully KK, AL, VK, become that guy up front. I agree with Brooks that we need a vet on the D. a GOOD vet.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Without looking, does anybody know the Rangers most effective forechecker (by far) by disrupted zone exits per 60?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad