Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXIII: Smell a smaller trade incoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Everyone loved Georgiev until Shesty supplanted him. I'd bet money that Georgiev is going to show his worth while Shesty is out.

im confident in him doing just fine I just didn’t want Shesterkin out long term

It’s likely good to see Georgiev increase his trade value too

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Everyone loved Georgiev until Shesty supplanted him. I'd bet money that Georgiev is going to show his worth while Shesty is out.
It was because he was playing better than Hank. So what choice was there? Even then he pulled his Geo shenanigans after a few games. He’s fine as a backup. He’s just can’t keep it up.

Reactions: Avery16

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Who would be our backup? Kinkaid? And we'd need Igor to be fully healthy first.

Unless the right deal comes along I wouldn't rush to trade Georgiev, considering that in a small sample size Shesty already has several injuries.

Even at the top of his game Tim Thomas almost never played more than 55 games or so a season. Made the backup job that much more important.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I think there's going to be a re evaluation period this offseason. Players are going to be offered a lot less. 10-20% less.

It might work to our advantage long-term

Buch 2-3 years @ $4.5M
Chytil 3-4 years @ $2.5-3.0M
Lindgren 4-5 years @ $3M
Shesty 3-4 years @ $4-5M

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Who would be our backup? Kinkaid? And we'd need Igor to be fully healthy first.
I dont expect a trade to be made this week. Likely in 2-3 weeks if it is going to be made during the season at all.

And yes I would roll with Kinkaid as the backup. OR look around free agency or the league for one. Is Washington even using Craig Anderson? Im sure they could find one if Buffalo was happy to take Georgiev. You make it work.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I think there's going to be a re evaluation period this offseason. Players are going to be offered a lot less. 10-20% less.

It might work to our advantage long-term

Buch 2-3 years @ $4.5M
Chytil 3-4 years @ $2.5-3.0M
Lindgren 4-5 years @ $3M
Shesty 3-4 years @ $4-5M

I do not see Buch signing anything but 1 year or a long-term contract. Short term 4.5M maybe. Anything longer than that is 5.5M+, probably 6M+.

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
If Beniers was a Bergeron Lite, that is the perfect fit for the current Rangers Roster. I don't see him ending up here unless the pong pong balls bounce right again.

Reactions: Kendo

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Well then hopefully they get something in return for him, because when he was acquired he was rumored to have the value of an early 2nd rounder.

If he's surplus to requirements, better to trade than lose him to Seattle.
And I don’t mind getting more 2nd or 3rd round picks. They can be packaged for other assets.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Kreider - Zib - Buch
Bread - Chytil - Kakko
LAF - Strome - Kravtsov
Lemmy - Bennett - Virtanen
Blackwell, Rooney

Gauthier plus an add for Virtanen
Howden plus an add for Bennett
Digi for a late pick/Solid AHLer
If VEgas really wants Zib, make them pay. Otherwise --- WAIT

Next offseason, analyze, regroup and see what to do. There will be nice opportunities

Last edited:
Reactions: haveandare

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Based on the projections and scouting reports, there doesn't seem to be any consensus on who will go #1. So the gap between the top LHD prospects and C prospects probably isn't that big. LHD is less of a need with the emergence of Miller and the depth we have with Hajek, Robertson, Reunanen and Jones.

Ultimately, it depends where we are picking. If we are in the top 10, I'd move heaven and earth to get Beniers. If we are outside the top 10 and one of the top LHD drops, I'd probably go that route. Trading from depth can be tricky though, as we need to find a team that needs LHD and has an abundance of centers. LA is the only team that comes to mind that might fit the bill, but maybe there are others.

If we are outside the top 10 and none of the top LHD drop, maybe we take a guy like Sillinger or LHeureux.
If we’re outside the top 10, I would consider trading the pick to a rebuilding team for immediate help.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Kreider - Zib - Buch
Bread - Chytil - Kakko
LAF - Strome - Kravtsov
Lemmy - Bennett - Virtanen
Blackwell, Rooney

Gauthier plus an add for Virtanen
Howden plus an add for Bennett
Digi for a late pick/Solid AHLer
If VEgas really wants Zib, make them pay. Otherwise --- WAIT

Next offseason, analyze, regroup and see what to do. There will be nice opportunities

No reason to add to Gauthier or Howden for those players, and I'd rather have Gauthier right now than Virtanen. At least GOAT is showing some progress.

In either case, the cap doesn't work, unless you're thinking these are offseason moves. Still, I'm not sure it's worth spending ~5 mil for 2 players who have a combined 7 points in 44 games this year. It might be worth taking a chance on one of them, but not both.

Reactions: leetch99 and Tob

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
No reason to add to Gauthier or Howden for those players, and I'd rather have Gauthier right now than Virtanen. At least GOAT is showing some progress.

In either case, the cap doesn't work, unless you're thinking these are offseason moves. Still, I'm not sure it's worth spending ~5 mil for 2 players who have a combined 7 points in 44 games this year. It might be worth taking a chance on one of them, but not both.

WE actually shortly will have have cap space considering many of our theoretical ELC bonuses will not be attained...
2 reclamation projects (albeit pedigree touted) for a bit lower expectation players means we gotta add a little bit...
BUT... MOAR SANDPAPER. AND A REAL 4th line
And - for reference - I really like GOAT

Last edited:
Reactions: leetch99

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Reclamation (pedigree touted) for a bit lower espectations means we gotta add...

Disagree. Both players want out of their respective teams, both have higher cap hits, and both are older. Their draft pedigree means nothing at age 24, and both Howden and GOAT were 1st rounders themselves, albeit later in the round.

I would be willing to roll the dice trading Howden for one of them, but I'm not adding. If neither team accepts that, then there's no deal to be made.

Reactions: Trxjw and leetch99

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Disagree. Both players want out of their respective teams, both have higher cap hits, and both are older. Their draft pedigree means nothing at age 24, and both Howden and GOAT were 1st rounders themselves, albeit later in the round.

I would be willing to roll the dice trading Howden for one of them, but I'm not adding. If neither team accepts that, then there's no deal to be made.
YOU ARE A VERY GOOD POSTER. AND I AM WAY OVER THE DUI LEVEL IN EVERY DAMNED COUNTRY ON THIS ROTTEN PLANET. SO WE AGREE TO DISAGREE HERE> PEACE BRO

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
What does a Mika to VGK look like at this point? Straight up for Krebs? Maybe a 2nd rounder added? Rough to move him at such low value compared to where he was at the end of last season.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
What does a Mika to VGK look like at this point? Straight up for Krebs? Maybe a 2nd rounder added? Rough to move him at such low value compared to where he was at the end of last season.

It's a hard deal to make. Vegas has almost no cap flexibility and they don't have many short-term contracts to send back to the Rangers to offset the money. They did just finally put Lehner on LTIR, so that opens up room, but not sure for how long. There's no clear information on what's going on with him so no telling when he'll be back.

If I were Gorton i'd ask for Glass/Krebs, a pick, and a contract to offset the money in exchange for Zib at a reduced hit. Not sure I'd get it though given how hes been playing, how he seems to keep getting banged up, and the fact that he'll be a FA at the end of next year.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I just don't see Mika having any value right now in any deal in the eyes of another club looking to add that last piece for a playoff run ...I'm sure that there are better options out there for clubs looking to upgrade offense......

Reactions: wafflepadsave

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
I personally rate Barkov hugger than Eichel, am I alone in that? Better 2-way player, more of a leader, lefty (would be useful on the PP), amazing defensively, only 25 years old. Way better career high than Eichel.

I'd rather sign him as a UFA or trade for him than trade for Eichel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad