Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXX: Going 8-0 to close out might not be enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Very discouraging if this is actually all the punishment that is meted out. Some are speculating there may be a separate ruling for what he did to Panarin but I think we would have heard by now if there was an in person hearing scheduled. I would be very unhappy with if I were Sather, JD and Gorton right now. You would think those group of guys merit some respect from upper management.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Still think Gauthier has potential if they actually let him take a shift.

1st on the Rangers in hits per 60 and 3rd in disrupted zone exists per 60.

I do too but it seems clear he’s not in the plans unfortunately.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And I will say this. We're officially knocked out and Wilson is going to play in the next game. Should be just [redacted]? I would.

But nobody does. There's 30 teams and nobody does. So I'm not going to throw the Rangers under the bus.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
If the league isn’t going to protect the players, we’re going to see teams taking it into their own hands. Bring back the enforcers.

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
If the league isn’t going to protect the players, we’re going to see teams taking it into their own hands. Bring back the enforcers.
That's basically it. The League is at a philosophical transition point. Does Player Safety do something, or is it the wild west on the ice again? It will be interesting to see especially with the new TV deal. We will see at the draft this year.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
Geersten wont do it. A 20 game suspension for him would be a massive financial blow. It's not like he have millions waiting in a fund for his post career time. Only player I could see doing anything that might risk a suspension on the Rangers are Smith. He will face a much less lucrative contract next year anyway, and have made some money over the last years.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
how about get Rangers that actually willing to defend themselves and their teammates. watch Wilson do something tomorrow and nothing happens. this team has no heart.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Geersten wont do it. A 20 game suspension for him would be a massive financial blow. It's not like he have millions waiting in a fund for his post career time. Only player I could see doing anything that might risk a suspension on the Rangers are Smith. He will face a much less lucrative contract next year anyway, and have made some money over the last years.
I think in scenarios like that, the vet players essentially play the guys fine.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
how about get Rangers that actually willing to defend themselves and their teammates. watch Wilson do something tomorrow and nothing happens. this team has no heart.
Strome? Panarin? They both went after Wilson.

You think a goon on the 4th line playing 5min a night is going to deter Wilson from being a piece of shit? It won’t.

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
I think in scenarios like that, the vet players essentially play the guys fine.
Yeah, that should be fair. That and/or a handshake deal with management regarding a contract extension where the missing salary for any suspensions are added to the AHL salary for the 22-23 season.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I know Miller is a rookie, he came with a reputation of being physical player who is nasty around the net. I'm sorry ,he has skill but being physical is not one of them. Last night a Cap scores a goal he is standing next to the net the guy just pushes him out of the way, zero response. Caps score again, player is standing right over Shetty f***ing with him, whose standing next to that player Miller does nothing. This guy plays a very soft game.

Like countless other players before him, Miller was mislabeled as a physical player from scouts and scouting services that talked about his play. We all had access to the Worlds Jrs, and many of his games were televised from his Wisconsin days. He was never overly physical, so i never understood why he was continously labeled as such. A lot of scouts had him compared to Beaulieu and Nurse.

With that said, Miller is a tremendous athlete, who is one of my favorite prospects on the Rangers. I love watching him close the gap, and disprupt the flow of the opposing teams offense. That his niche. He used his size, exceptionally well and cool as a cucumber against in his own end against the best of the world. His skating is great. His shot is legit. He joins the rush....There's really not much to not like about his player. This is a first year player so its so awesome to watch him develop. But, he's not a true physical player or physical presence.

Defensive Game

K’Andre Miller is aggressive and physical in his own end of the ice. His skating allows him to maintain good gap control on the rush, and take his man out in one-on-one situations. When playing down low, there are still some issues with his positioning and instincts, but these continue to get better. The skills are there, but he will need to continue to refine his game.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Like countless other players before him, Miller was mislabeled as a physical player from scouts and scouting services that talked about his play. We all had access to the Worlds Jrs, and many of his games were televised from his Wisconsin days. He was never overly physical, so i never understood why he was continously labeled as such. A lot of scouts had him compared to Beaulieu and Nurse.

With that said, Miller is a tremendous athlete, who is one of my favorite prospects on the Rangers. I love watching him close the gap, and disprupt the flow of the opposing teams offense. That his niche. He used his size, exceptionally well and cool as a cucumber against in his own end against the best of the world. His skating is great. His shot is legit. He joins the rush....There's really not much to not like about his player. This is a first year player so its so awesome to watch him develop. But, he's not a true physical player or physical presence.

Defensive Game

K’Andre Miller is aggressive and physical in his own end of the ice. His skating allows him to maintain good gap control on the rush, and take his man out in one-on-one situations. When playing down low, there are still some issues with his positioning and instincts, but these continue to get better. The skills are there, but he will need to continue to refine his game.

Someone should really help him develop this side of his game. He’s routinely the biggest player on the ice at a given time. We don’t need a gentle giant. And I’m not saying sacrifice his skill for goonery, but to make it a part of him. He should get chippy, he should be throwing big hits and then moving the puck up the ice.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Many have been discussing this for well over a year. The team lacks guys willing and able to push back. We saw teams like the Caps and others building their rosters and knew this could take place. Gorton and his team wanted to address it but were unable to and this is where we are. The team is completely unable to address consistent physical play.

Let's also say this, if we are all talking about this for a regular season game how do we think this team would fair in a playoff series?

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
No need to push back. If teams want to take liberties then work on improving the PP to make them pay on the scoreboard.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Many have been discussing this for well over a year. The team lacks guys willing and able to push back. We saw teams like the Caps and others building their rosters and knew this could take place. Gorton and his team wanted to address it but were unable to and this is where we are. The team is completely unable to address consistent physical play.

Let's also say this, if we are all talking about this for a regular season game how do we think this team would fair in a playoff series?
It's not easy to identify these players and they come at a premium. Getting the shitty players who are just physical has never worked for us.

And yes I would feel great if [for legal purposes Wilson got legally checked and was uninjured] in a game against the Rangers but I would hope a front office building a team for 82 games and 31 opponents has more vision than that.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
No need to push back. If teams want to take liberties then work on improving the PP to make them pay on the scoreboard.
I normally don’t disagree with this concept, but this isn’t a normal situation, as the league and refs don’t seem to want to penalize this behavior.

Reactions: LeetchisGod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad