Speculation: Roster Building Thread I (2021 Offseason) - And so it begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Im sure something can be worked out, but u guys can keep on getting bullied like that if you wish. Protection costs money. Playing teams like the Caps, Bruins, Isles with legit tuff guys is gonna hurt u guys. Kinda reminds me of Dennis Potvin episode

if he's so valuable then why don't you want to keep him to protect your star players?

Reactions: leetch99

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
if he's so valuable then why don't you want to keep him to protect your star players?
We actually have some fairly tuff players. Nurse and Khaira can chuck them as well. I watched your line brawl and Smith fight Wilson. It wasnt impressive

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

Our star players are protected. We get full seasons outta McJesus and Draisaitl. Panarin is now out because he was not PROTECTED. It will happen again

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Our star players are protected. We get full seasons outta McJesus and Draisaitl. Panarin is now out because he was not PROTECTED. It will happen again

Fine, but still no interest.

If you find a buyer for Kassian, you're taking back an equally burdensome contract. Rangers don't really have one to swap. They'll find their snarl elsewhere.

Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
No disrespect, but I always find these kids of proposals amusing. As if we have any say in what Drury is going to do.
Regardless, having a tough guy wouldn't have meant anything because Wilson is going to do whatever he does regardless of who is out there because he doesn't care. What happened to Panarin happened on a PP. No tough guys are going to be out there for that. They need someone who is going to punish their star players in return. I assume they are going to take a look at who is available in free agency and also who is available through trade that isn't expensive. An inconsistent Kassian doesn't fill their needs, but who on Earth lives inside Drury's head to see what he thinks of Kassian.

Reactions: egelband

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
And edmonton hasn't been impressive in 30 years, despite all the 1st overall picks.
4 picks. U guys are starting to creep up there the last few years. We had a fella named Chiarelli that really set us back. If he comes around your team, make sure u eliminate. Chiarelli really helped out the Isles

Reactions: Ola

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
4 picks. U guys are starting to creep up there the last few years. We had a fella named Chiarelli that really set us back. If he comes around your team, make sure u eliminate. Chiarelli really helped out the Isles
I think everyone would agree that Chiarelli screwed you guys over.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Lol why is an oiler fan trying to sell us on a player he so desperately wants to get rid of.

Lol
Did u watch your player Panarin last week? Kinda errie similiar to Potvin years ago. U need protection I hate to tell ya. U guys dont have it

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Lol
Did u watch your player Panarin last week? Kinda errie similiar to Potvin years ago. U need protection I hate to tell ya. U guys dont have it

I missed the part where Kassian was the only option?

You're stuck with him unless you want to take back a similarly bad contract, which at that level the Rangers don't have (they have a worse one in Kreider, but that won't happen so its really a non discussion.)

Go away.

Reactions: leetch99

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
6 moves:
Robertson, Kratvsov, Chytil for Larkin
Resign Smith as 7D for 1.2 mil
Sign Martinook for 2.25 mil (I know, I know)
Trade Jones to MTL for Chiarot
Trade Strome for futures
Sign a cheap vet 4C like Sheahan

Laf Ziba Buch
Pan Larkin Kakko
Krieder Barron Gauthier
Marinook Sheahan Rooney
Blackwell

Miller Trouba
Lindy Fox
Chiarot Lundkvist
Smith

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007

We aren't creeping anywhere. It's been 1 extremely weird season during a pandemic after our 1 first overall since 1965. A season in which the Rangers were on the edge of the playoffs despite all that and being the youngest team. Sorry the fanbase doesn't want your aging goon on a bad contract.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Yzerman would demand an absolute kings ransom in young assets and he historically does very well in trades. Larkin is al coming up on getting paid. I don’t think that’s a good idea for a 1b center.

Yup, overpaying Eichel, whether that's a good idea or not, is at least understandable, cause you'd expect Eichel to put up 90 points a few times and there are only a handful of humans on the earth who could do that.

Larkin is better than, but more in the mold of, like a Stepan who is a decent #1 but who doesn't drive the offense.

Acceptable but I'm not rushing out to pay 4 prime assets for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad