Speculation: Roster Building Thread I (2021 Offseason) - And so it begins...

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by BBKers, May 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sayba Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Sounds very familiar for us.

haveandare likes this.
  2. Amazing Kreiderman @StatBoy_Steven Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Datacenter manager
    You need experience behind the bench as well as coaching skill. IMO none of Tortorella, Babcock or Roy are an improvement over Quinn.

TheBloodyNine and haveandare like this.
  3. JimmyG89 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Reinhart has more control, while Buch has 1 year left until UFA. I think the idea of getting a top prospect center in a trade is all but dead. They want to improve the roster as is right now. I'd like to see a move where they get a center that can come in when Strome's deal is up and fill in a 3C role with Chytil moving up, but I think it is less and less likely.

On top of that, at some point I expect them to roll with Barron at center. In his limited time, I saw a player that can keep up with the NHL pace and is in good position. In the AHL, he was doing a lot of the same, but his offense was above that league. If the AHL started when the NHL did, he is on the roster much earlier than he was. He's going to force his way onto the NHL roster next season, especially being able to have a regular camp and preseason.

4. rangers1314 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I see what you're saying, I'm really just talking high level. I don't have a guy in mind right now.

I'm just saying that with the resources we have available to us right now, be it cap space/young players, I'd be more focused on using those assets to address our LHD (and center) than I would adding a winger who's a year away from needing a mega deal. That's really my point.

A lot can change in 2/3 years, if you trade for a LHD who has a few years of control left, you can in theory move along from Lindgren before resigning that player. I think we all agree that we don't want anything to do with Lindgren contract #3.

5. E-Train Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Home Page:
    It’s bizarre but not surprising here. Same posters will be ranting on the GM if he turns into a superstar elsewhere.

haveandare likes this.
  6. bleedblue94 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    and a lot of those posters are the same ones that said they could stay patient for the growing pains of young players through a rebuild.

Oooooooh the irony...

haveandare likes this.
  7. Avery16 Shake my hand, fatso

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Eichel is pursuing artificial disk replacement? Stay far away. He gets paid $10 million through 25-26 and his neck is going to prevent him from being an effective player that can stay in the lineup.

8. CHRDANHUTCH Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    uh, Briere also is not Rangers property..... who owns Portland..... Philadelphia, Crease.

Briere's already President of the ECHL franchise, GM IS A DEMOTION.... Similiar to what the Rangers did by first promoting Drury to Associate GM , then the removal of JD/JG and then Drury's promotion to Rangers President/GM.

9. OhYeahAndVesey Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Musician
    This is incorrect. Both Buch and Reinhart's contracts expire at the end of the 20 - 21 season and both are RFA's (according to CapFriendly) Buch currently makes $3.25M, Reinhart is at $5.2M

Off Sides likes this.
  10. Fitzy Very Stable Genius

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Well, we don't know for a fact that it will, but it's the uncertainty that should and hopefully will lower team's interest and his value.

Crosby had that whole situation with the broken vertebra right up in his brain stem that could have been fatal.

I just think if NYR were so caddy about extending Zibby in part because of his health and versatility, then why would Eichel be the key target?

11. AirGut Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I don't think people understand how deadly and poised for a cup run this team would be if they added veterans and managed to roll

Eichel
    Zibanejad
    Strome
    Barron

down the middle.

TheBloodyNine likes this.
  12. Ruggs225 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    nobody wants to trade miller for the sake of trading miller. But rather miller holds alot of value so we could theoretically plug another gaping hole by trading him. Especially if its for a big name center. Add to the fact that we still we still have jones and robertson to compete for the 2LD spot and its not a huge loss to our dept there.

robertson and Jones does not have the value of miller. So a trade using them as centerpieces would need the rangers to add more assets.

13. Crease Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I know Comcast owns the Portland ECHL franchise. Briere doesn't need to be "Rangers property" in order for Drury to extend him a job offer.

Also, director of player development of an NHL franchise and general manager of an AHL franchise would be a step up from Briere's current gig, if Briere's ultimate goal is to run an NHL franchise.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Boris Zubov and TheBloodyNine like this.
  14. Fitzy Very Stable Genius

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    For how many seasons? Because if it's more than just next year you better find a way to make Kreider disappear, or else you're going to have Keith Kinkaid as a starting goalie.

15. rangers1314 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Freidman mentioned yesterday in 31T that there is a high level of interest around the league to come work for Drury. It sounds like he may have his pick of the litter in terms of filling these spots.

16. GAGLine HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I wouldn't say that at this point. He's not ever likely to score a lot of points, so his earning potential will be limited. And given the rugged style he plays, I think the team would be hesitant to give him a long term deal. As you said, a lot can change in 2-3 years, but his next contract could end up being another 3 year deal at like 5 mil per.

Either way, that's a concern for down the road. Ideally, we have a player like Robertson make Lindgren expendable, with other players coming up behind him. I'd rather have a steady pipeline of cheap replacements than add an expensive vet because we are worried about Lindgren's contract 3 years from now.

17. rangers1314 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I agree with this. He doesn't get talked about nearly enough around here.

18. RangersFan1994 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    HatTrick Swayze likes this.
  19. CHRDANHUTCH Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    NOPE, sorry...Briere passes...

the only reason the Rangers are the affiliate here is Spectra has Hartford...... that's why Philadelphia isn't here instead of Allentown or Reading due to existing contracts.... even DPD is a downgrade from team president.

in fact, ECHL coaches and executives double up jobs....no matter who actually owns or operates a franchise...

as an exam ple, Crease.

Riley Armstrong is the head coach/AGM here in Portland.... Briere actually has the same exact titles here that Drury has with the Rangers

20. Raspewtin solamente soy feliz Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Compensation Analyst
    You know, lest be honest, this applies to the majority of tough players this board loves.

Tom Wilson has been invisible in more games against the Rangers than he's done something nuts.

When Lucic was the terminator of the NHL he was also a huge floater and it drove the Bruins board insane

Matthew Tkachuk is way more of a clown than a hard nosed player. That's fun until it isn't. Anyone who's played on a team with someone like that knows that it gets grating fast.

Josh Anderson has 1 point in his last 15 games and is signed for 6 more years.

This board couldn't wait to run Dubinsky out of town besides being a heart and soul guy because his stretches of trying to play like Jagr made him really hard to like at times

The Islanders 4th line is just the worst example though. All shit defensive players. All shit offensive players. Bring absolutely no value but hitting but the penis envy this board has for them would make you think they single handedly win games.

Some of us said that the idea of Brendan Lemieux was always way more appealing than actual Brendan Lemieux. That's true, but it's true of most of the tough guys in this league, if not all of them. They are never as consistently effective as you wish they were.

21. Avery16 Shake my hand, fatso

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I’m not a doctor, but I think fusing a disk as opposed to replacing a disk isn’t as impactful.

edit: did Crosby have a neck fracture?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...to-concussion/2012/01/31/gIQA2zEHfQ_blog.html

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  22. duhmetreE HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I don't think that wins. That's weak defensively imo

bbny likes this.
  23. Ruggs225 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I would rather larkin than eichal.

very Uneasy about eichals injury history.

plus Larkins speed is something we lack.

Off Sides and haveandare like this.
  24. bbny Unregistered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    And wouldn't win any faceoffs. Strome is the opposite of what you need in a 3C. So is our current one (Chytil). Neither of those two fit that role at all.

duhmetreE and bleedblue94 like this.
  25. haveandare Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I don’t think they would be. It’s a lot of scoring and still zero guys who are hard to play against, are even average leaders, not to mention half of them are peaking now and will not be on the upswing much longer if longer at all

bleedblue94 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.