Speculation: Roster Building Thread I (2021 Offseason) - And so it begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Whatever some of youz would offer for Eichel... ( even though I'd never offer it ) I'd offer for Barkov.

Maybe an EDM collapse leads to a trade request? IF they can't win with McDavid going godmode... they are not going to win.

The vet route? Toews or Kopitar?

Move Strome or Zibs, bump Chytil or Kravtsov and trade for Copp?

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
We need to reduce the redundancy and diversify the talent pool. While it can be fun having a bunch of East West players blow the doors off PHI and NJ, it’s no fun consistently struggling vs NYI and BOS. I rather be competitive against all four than look like the Globetrotters vs one group and hopeless vs the other.

The question is, who goes? For me, it’s Buch and Strome. If we can convert them into a grinding W that can play with skilled players and a 2 way C, we’re on the right track. That combined w/ a real heavy 4th line and veteran LD to go w/ Nils would go a long way to solving a lot of issues.

Now, what players can we target that fit that mold?
You worded that quite well. That should just about do us up in the off season and then let the kids press for positions.....if CK has to be a 3rd liner on the right side ...so be it . Hopefully somebody can actually win a draw and a new coach will make for a more cohesive unit where they have each other's backs whether they want to or not . I'm of the thinking that with some additions we will be OK next season. There is also a possibility we also do not get everything we want in the Summer .....but outside of the C addition ....our wants are actually pretty simple . We have many of the integral pieces in place already . I think the addition of Barron and continued growth of Laf/KK/Kravs/Fox/Miller/Chytil/Shesty/ and addition of Lundkvist will all pay dividends . Dolan has to be kept locked up in his office .

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Whatever some of youz would offer for Eichel... ( even though I'd never offer it ) I'd offer for Barkov.

Maybe an EDM collapse leads to a trade request? IF they can't win with McDavid going godmode... they are not going to win.

The vet route? Toews or Kopitar?

Move Strome or Zibs, bump Chytil or Kravtsov and trade for Copp?
The chances of Barkov actually being available are what? slim to none. Eichel probably is available in some capacity. Gotta play the cards you are dealt. I'm sure most would rather have Barkov, but if he's not available what are you gonna do?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Off season shopping list;

1. Veteran left hand defenseman with some bite and short contract. Matthias Ekholm would be perfect. Mark Giordano is a nice alternative.

2. Center who can win face offs and bring some bite. Barclays Goodrow please.

3. At least one winger with some sandpaper. Heavyweight standing not a requirement but would be nice. This could go in a lot of different directions. It could also be more than one

4. Monetize some of the players at/near the end of their ELCs who do not figure in the long term plans of the team. I’ll take some more lottery tickets please, especially this year.

how much has goodrow played center? Thought he was a wing..

speaking of this is a huge blow to Tampa

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Do you think Zibs is best suited to be a #1 center? I know he is productive but I wonder if he is being put in a role that he is best suited for on a team that can win a cup? Like most players he has some pluses and some weaknesses so I'm not bashing him at all. I like him. Just not sure if he is in a role that suits him best.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Can we get what people would trade for Eichel by trading Panarin?

If some team is sending their Chytil, Miller, A prospect, 1st, and other stuff for him, I'd take that for sure. It would fit in with Laff, Kakko and such way more so.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I’m a big fan of fil but I’ll be curious to see if there’s a commitment to Mika and Strome or if we go in another direction.

I always saw fil in that 2C spot but if Strome has solidified himself. I can see fil gone for a more physical two way center that can win face offs and be trusted defensively. Is that the right decision? I don’t know. I think we’ll regret moving him. But I think it’s something to keep an eye on for sure

The Rangers would get a reverse Zibanejad if they were to move Chytil. If I wasn’t the team’s fan I’d say it would serve Dolan right.

Reactions: E-Train

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Could we convince Kreider to waive for Boston? Could we get that fatass Ritchie and Frederic for say DeAngelo and Kreider? They’d have to shed cap, of course.

Start with praying Hall doesn't resign.

If he did, Boston won't have the cap anyway.

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
Maybe Chytil isn’t a center after all? Great young player but might be even more effective on the wing.

So we have redefined the word great or maybe should I say watered it down. Gretsky was great, Messier was great, Gordie Howe was great, Chytil hasn't proven a thing in 3 years except for maybe he is not a center.

Reactions: Cag29

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I get that there are pressures with modern journalism, but wtf is this crap? Either provide some details or just shut up, don't throw random teasers out for speculative purposes. Have some respect for yourself and what your profession could at least try to be...

Yeah it’s embarrassing. It’s like he’s writing a blind item for page 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad