Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXXIII:Stepping up next? A Top Ten pick???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Ola, you can't field a D with Staal playing his off side on the first pair and Holden playing second pair.

On top of that two rookies paired together on the third.

Lindqvist will either be worn out half way through the season due to fielding 30+ shots a night or get hurt.

He said both, though. We should sign one.

McDonagh-Smith/Shattenkirk
Skjei-Deangelo/Bear Gloves
Staal-Deangelo/Bear Gloves
Holden

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
He isn't difficult. He is an absolute moron.

I don't think Shattenkirk is the target. DeAngelo serves the exact same purpose as Shattenkirk. I think we sign Smith and that is it.

True. I was looking at it as ability to cover a certain level. Maybe it's purpose based.

Do they try deangelo with McDonagh, Mac covers up for the young guy, deangelo gets to carry the puck a bit? Skjei and Smith are solid, leave them alone. Staal, Holden and berzaglova platoon. Holden isn't useless, plays both sides, picked up a bunch of points.

I'm cool with taking a step back, let the new guys on d make mistakes and grow. I just don't know if the team is willing to do that.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Shattenkirk? The Rangers are giving Shattenkirk 7 years? $6.5M per? More?

Smith? It depends.

The Rangers have cap space to retain money for Nash. Maybe take on a bad contract for a draft pick or younger player. Depending upon the contract.

The Rangers are not winning anything for a while. The Rangers are in rebuild mode. The Rangers traded a forward who played in every situation for them for a package of futures.

Its so much fun when a voice of reason posts. You, bobbop. A few others. Need more of this to balance out the rah rah rah.

I so hope the rebuild is official and we move some more guys. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Definitely don't think we're winning anything anytime soon either. But I'd enjoy watching the rebuild and seeing what we can become.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad