Speculation: Roster Building Thread 2019-20: Part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
LA is still one of the most bizarre teams to win a cup, let alone two. It almost looks like a mistake.

There was just this bizarre 3 year window where Quick was a guy who could get hot and really steal games, and they had just enough to win games, repeatedly, despite seldom actually looking like the better team.
Yup. That and a lot of luck. More against us than the Devils. It seemed like every bounce, call, etc went their way in that finals series

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
They had scoring up and down the line up. 2 excellent center's, a handful of core and supplemental players.
Quick was VG. Plus they were big and physical.

They were made for the post season

" They were made for the post season"
Might be the best reply I have read here in the last 10 pages . Gorton better keep an eye on building the club to win 16 games in April-May-June. I have to wonder on some of our picks in the recent drafts and really don't see the guys that other teams hate playing against . We best start seeking out a few of those types and the muscle we will will need to get through the Tom Wilson's of the Eastern conference . One single Brandon Lemieux and Jacob Trouba won't be enough and while on the subject of Trouba....for 8 million I think we need much more moving forward . Hopefully Gorton does not have that contract blow up on him and the Rangers....I'm keeping my fingers crossed on him .

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Rangers need more players that make the Rangers harder and tougher to play against. he might have higher upside but Kostin is more of a need especially since the Rangers lack physical forwards that are top 9 potential.
I wouldnt be upset with either, but i think Kostin becomes a great 3rd liner, or decent 2nd liner while Kryou can be a 60 point 1st/2nd liner.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Do any of you guys ever feel you have biases based on players names? :laugh:
I haven’t seen much of Kyrou before but his name just strikes me as some prospect that people throw in every trade proposal. Same with Howden, very milquetoast name

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I don’t think we’re getting a 1st on top of Kyrou nor Kostin for Kreider.

Kyrou has the higher ceiling, imo, whereas Kostin has the higher floor.

Kyrou has been about a PPG player the last 2 years in San Antonio. Basically doubling Kostin’s production. But, Kostin is a year younger and has more size. Both are interesting prospects.

Kostin is dangerous down low and in front of then net. He’ll also drop the gloves and throw his body more.

Kyrou is a better skater and a better playmaker. He can beat goalies clean with his shot. Kostins goals will come from right in front of the net.

I’ll take either prospect + 2nd, + a conditional pick if STL makes it to the finals or Re-Signs CK.

Reactions: Thirty One
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->