Speculation: Roster Building Thread 2019-20: Part XXIX

If the lowest Kreider will accept is 7x7 (likely with some sort of NMC), do you...

• Trade him

• Sign him

• Rent him for the playoffs and let him walk as a UFA

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tossed Medal

Jan 23, 2020
Do you really think Kaako can take CK spot next year ? As a type 1 diabetic and only 19 and not the greatest skater despite obvious vision and hands have you ever considered he may not ever have the physiology to play at the pace and level of an NHL star . He has the frame no doubt and vision but it seems alarming at how gassed he is . Will he mature abd grow into the league probably but what if he doesn’t . He won’t be the first prospect to not project to where he was drafted or hyped . Bottom line is he’s not coming close to replacing what Kreider will bring in the next 3-4 years to this team that’s looking to sooner than later compete .

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
The thing with Henrik is he can still play. The other thing is he's not elite anymore---he's just good or put another way above average and IMO both Shesterkin and Georgiev have passed him by and if all three of them are at training camp next year--yeah Henrik still gets paid but he doesn't play very much at least unless the Rangers move Georgiev and even then he's the backup. Henrik's kind of between a rock and a hard place and it's maybe not just money he has on the line here but professional pride as well and if the Rangers don't move on from Alex at the deadline there's a graceful way for Henrik to exit....and that's to get out of the way. Hanging on for another year puts an extra $8.5 mil in his bank account but it will be a long and probably not very happy year for him as far hockey goes anyway. That's up to him to balance and make a decision on but walking away from that one year of $8.5 would not necessarily be a ludicrous decision on his part to make. I'm sure it would be a hard decision for him though.
Likely not that hard...probably already some contact talks going on in Europe in case it comes to this . I'm sure he could fetch a bit over and above the standard goalie contract from a team based in Sweden .

Reactions: eco's bones

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Do you really think Kaako can take CK spot next year ? As a type 1 diabetic and only 19 and not the greatest skater despite obvious vision and hands have you ever considered he may not ever have the physiology to play at the pace and level of an NHL star . He has the frame no doubt and vision but it seems alarming at how gassed he is . Will he mature abd grow into the league probably but what if he doesn’t . He won’t be the first prospect to not project to where he was drafted or hyped . Bottom line is he’s not coming close to replacing what Kreider will bring in the next 3-4 years to this team that’s looking to sooner than later compete .

Lol. The only thing you got right is that Kakko is barely 19.

Reactions: Kupo

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I wonder if the recent talks mentioned between the Rangers and Kreider’s camp is about a trade with an extension in place.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I wonder if the recent talks mentioned between the Rangers and Kreider’s camp is about a trade with an extension in place.
Forget about the pros and cons. My recent gut feeling is that he stays. Not as much due to production but what he means to the franchise in the locker room and off the ice. Just a gut feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad