Speculation: Roster Building Thread 2019-20: Part XXIX

If the lowest Kreider will accept is 7x7 (likely with some sort of NMC), do you...

• Trade him

• Sign him

• Rent him for the playoffs and let him walk as a UFA

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Thirty One said:
You present a strong argument, and I am no longer worried the Rangers won't be able to fill the physical space Kreider occupies.

Twilight Zone episode where Kreider is traded but the Rangers still pencil him into the lineup and all the players act like he's still there and everyone is in on it except for Ryan Strome whose mind slowly decays into insanity.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
"Optimism is too strong of a word"

Is that like a poem or something which describes my chances of sobriety?

Why not just go with "The road not taken"

Reactions: GoAwayStaal

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
So Bobby Mac is saying what a few of us have said...if Kreider stays, some combo of Buchnevich, Strome and/or DeAngelo gets moved. I’m fine moving Buchnevich and Strome to keep Kreider. DeAngelo? Not so much.

My worry is that this is the direction JG would go in for 2 reasons:

A. Quinn loves Strome.
B. It's the" easiest" move to make. There would be a hell of a market for him.

But it doesn't sound like Kreider is going to back off of his ask.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
So Bobby Mac is saying what a few of us have said...if Kreider stays, some combo of Buchnevich, Strome and/or DeAngelo gets moved. I’m fine moving Buchnevich and Strome to keep Kreider. DeAngelo? Not so much.

Only one of those are cost controlled for ext season and that is Buchnevich.

Strome gets more than 3.5 and so does DeAngelo.

The easiest decision for a Kreider re-sign is to trade Strome and if they can move him before the TDL, you get maximum value.

Reactions: jas and RGY

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Capitalize on Strome now. He is what he is. He has produced a bit above his norm and we all know that is a product of playing with Panarin. So in essence it shows an interested team that he is capable of playing with a premium player. Capitalize.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Capitalize on Strome now. He is what he is. He has produced a bit above his norm and we all know that is a product of playing with Panarin. So in essence it shows an interested team that he is capable of playing with a premium player. Capitalize.

Don't you think other GMs know that Strome is a product of Panarin.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Minnesota wants a 1C for Dumba/Brodin, or a 2C with a decent +. Any chance we could do a major sales job and sell them Strome as a 2C? ;)
How about: if Strome was on the wild, he would be on pace for the highest scoring season for a center at a whooping 68 pts. Boy, the illustrious history of Wild hockey. Deal?

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Minnesota wants a 1C for Dumba/Brodin, or a 2C with a decent +. Any chance we could do a major sales job and sell them Strome as a 2C? ;)
Is Brodin really much of an upgrade on Skjei? I think ADA still shifts to LD, but I don't see acquiring Dumba behind Trouba and Fox. I don't think its a good fit.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
This post is entirely neutral of pro resign and pro trade. With this with all due respect to people's opinions and such the contract you should give to CK today should be the same you'd give him 2 months ago, and the decision you make to resign him or not should be based on the player he has been for us for years and not the player he has been recently.

He's a great player but the hot streak shouldn't change anything except what his short term value is IF they trade him as a rental for a short term boost to a new team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad