Salary Cap: Roster Building | Contract Charts 1st Post | See You On The Dark Side Of The Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
We're really gonna go into the season with Sid and Geno as our only two legitimate, NHL-caliber centers, eh?

Whatever, as long as we find the right guy before the deadline, I don't even care. Gonna need Sid and Geno to stay healthy though, and that's a big gamble, especially with Geno.

giphy.gif

America-I-Want-It-Now.gif

giphy.gif

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Just checking in our bet. Was it by training camp or the start of the regular season?

I honestly didn't remember so I had to check:

I'll happily make an avatar bet with anyone who thinks we won't be adding an NHL center by the season opener.

Like I said, I'll happily make an avy bet with anybody who thinks we're not adding an NHL center by the season opener. And he won't be any worse than David ****ing Desharnais. :laugh:

Season opener it is!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Not sure if this got mentioned, but Guentzel led his summer league in scoring. The league also had Okposo, Parise, JvR, Anders Lee, Brock Nelson, Byfuglien and Boeser:

http://www.dabeautyleague.com/stats...eason=409315&tab=league_instance_player_stats

That's pretty impressive, especially considering how much he outscored #2 by. He's up by 5 points while playing in 1 game less.

Blueger is also playing in that league, he's at 12 points in 6 games. He's also on Guentzel's team.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Friedman said that no teams have made offers yet for Byron, that's kinda funny he left the Penguins and no one is showing interest in him yet.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Friedman said that no teams have made offers yet for Byron, that's kinda funny he left the Penguins and no one is showing interest in him yet.

I've actually been wanting to ask about him in the "top prospects" threads. I know he's no longer property, but why? All I have to look at are his stats, but they seem to have been progressing nicely throughout his college tenure.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I've actually been wanting to ask about him in the "top prospects" threads. I know he's no longer property, but why? All I have to look at are his stats, but they seem to have been progressing nicely throughout his college tenure.

He didn't want to sign here for some reason, so he left as a college UFA.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
How would you guys feel about the Penguins kicking the tires on Mike Ribeiro?

He's been decent defensively in the past, not incredible, but serviceable, and he's a hell of a playmaker. He's had over 50 assists a few times earlier in his career, and has 0.53 Assists per game in his last 3 seasons.

I know his drinking has been a bit of an issue, even causing him to be waived last year... But maybe a coaching core of Sullivan, Recchi, and Gonchar, as well as the other leadership from Pens players they may be able to get a handle on the situation. (I realize this is being hopeful, as it's not easy to teach a 37 year old dog new tricks.)

I think with our fast skilled wingers that Ribeiro would be able to rack up a lot of assists playing with guys like Sheary, Rust, Hagelin, Kessel, etc. The biggest problem I see is his attitude and drinking issue, but even signing him to a PTO at the very least could be alright, I think.

For Salary Cap considerations : His most recent contract was a 2-year contract for $3.5 Million a year, which he played out in the AHL, as no one signed him through waivers. I think given his recent issues I think that a 2Million dollar contract would be a reasonable offer to him.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
How would you guys feel about the Penguins kicking the tires on Mike Ribeiro?

He's been decent defensively in the past, not incredible, but serviceable, and he's a hell of a playmaker. He's had over 50 assists a few times earlier in his career, and has 0.53 Assists per game in his last 3 seasons.

I know his drinking has been a bit of an issue, even causing him to be waived last year... But maybe a coaching core of Sullivan, Recchi, and Gonchar, as well as the other leadership from Pens players they may be able to get a handle on the situation. (I realize this is being hopeful, as it's not easy to teach a 37 year old dog new tricks.)

I think with our fast skilled wingers that Ribeiro would be able to rack up a lot of assists playing with guys like Sheary, Rust, Hagelin, Kessel, etc. The biggest problem I see is his attitude and drinking issue, but even signing him to a PTO at the very least could be alright, I think.

For Salary Cap considerations : His most recent contract was a 2-year contract for $3.5 Million a year, which he played out in the AHL, as no one signed him through waivers. I think given his recent issues I think that a 2Million dollar contract would be a reasonable offer to him.

I'd pass. He's a fun player to watch and is really talented, but he's had plenty of chances with teams and it hasn't worked out. We aren't desperate enough for talent to take a chance on him.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm just curious, what are your expectations for Maatta going into this season? Are you expecting him to continue what he did in the playoffs and put up ~25 points while playing 21:00 a night? I feel like this season could be big for him, you'll see him bounce back to closer to where he was at the start of 2014-2015.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
That's pretty impressive, especially considering how much he outscored #2 by. He's up by 5 points while playing in 1 game less.

Blueger is also playing in that league, he's at 12 points in 6 games. He's also on Guentzel's team.
it's only because he plays with sid and geno.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm just curious, what are your expectations for Maatta going into this season? Are you expecting him to continue what he did in the playoffs and put up ~25 points while playing 21:00 a night? I feel like this season could be big for him, you'll see him bounce back to closer to where he was at the start of 2014-2015.

Yes I expect point production closer to his rookie season. I want 30 points and 20ish minutes a night. 25 points is acceptable, but anything under 20 would be a disappointment, particularly if he is regularly paired with Schultz.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yes I expect point production closer to his rookie season. I want 30 points and 20ish minutes a night. 25 points is acceptable, but anything under 20 would be a disappointment, particularly if he is regularly paired with Schultz.

I think he will be paired with either Letang or most likely Hunwick honestly.

I could see him and Hunwick either being Daley Pt 2.0 or Hunwick allowing Maatta to play a more offensive game which I don't think Schultz or Letang permits.

Honestly, no way does he score like last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad