Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Domi - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Byron
Tatar - Poehling - Lehkonen/Armia
Lehkonen/Weal - Thomson - Armia/Weal

PP1: Domi - Kotka - Gallagher - Drouin - Weber
PP2: Poehling - Weal - Lehkonen - Tatar - Petry

If we go in with Danault, Kotka and Poehling centering the top 3 lines, then we're finishing in the basement lol.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We have a shortage of RW. We also lost toughness and size with Deslauriers, Benn and Shaw gone.

Yes I do wonder what the plan is for the lack of size. I don't think MB's done.

I have our right wing depth as:

Gallagher
Suzuki
Weal
Armia

I know Armia is a puck possession beast. But what good is possessing the puck if you can't make a play with it or convert a scoring chance? He needs to play in beast mode full time to get off my 4th line.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

NHLcrazy

Feb 28, 2002
Montreal
I've no problem with finishing last while we develop Kotka and Peohling with quality ice time. Whatever we do we're probably not winning the cup anyway, even if we'd signed Duchesne or Aho.

Exacly, how many years the Leafs missed the Playoffs before having Marner, Mathews...etc

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Send Drouin a message:

Domi Poehling Gallagher
Tatar Kotkaniemi Suzuki
Byron Danault Lehkonen
Drouin Weal Armia

or

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Domi Kotkaniemi Suzuki
Drouin Poehling Lehkonen
Byron Weal Armia

Do we ever need some size on the wings. Drouin and Byron are the next to be expendable imo.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Send Drouin a message:

Domi Poehling Gallagher
Tatar Kotkaniemi Suzuki
Byron Danault Lehkonen
Drouin Weal Armia
Honestly, that would probably be the worst thing to do. He's not a checker and never will. If you want him to succeed, put him in the best position possible for him to do so. Play him with offensive minded players and let him produce. He'll give us 50-60 a year, he just needs to become more consistent on a game to game basis. If that happens, who knows, but throwing him on the 4th line pretty much guarantees failure and not only hurts his development, it hurts the team if we try to move him down the road. Just imo of course

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Honestly, that would probably be the worst thing to do. He's not a checker and never will. If you want him to succeed, put him in the best position possible for him to do so. Play him with offensive minded players and let him produce. He'll give us 50-60 a year, he just needs to become more consistent on a game to game basis. If that happens, who knows, but throwing him on the 4th line pretty much guarantees failure and not only hurts his development, it hurts the team if we try to move him down the road. Just imo of course

yeah, hopefully he can produce with offensive players. Sometimes I feel he drags a line down with his pointless dangling. Hopefully he can take his game to another level. I added to that post. I just don't see where Byron fits except for with Danault. I would like to sign a player like MoJo or Dzingle and then move Byron for a 2nd. Then, at worst, you have Drouin with MoJo or Dzingle on the 3rd line, with KK or Poehling centering them. I would also be interested to see Drouin-Domi-Poehling, if Poehling isn't given a top 9 C role.

Anyways, Iwould think there are more moves coming...

Reactions: Deebs

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
Hey guys, was thinking of maybe taking Suzuki in my keeper fantasy league. What are the odds he makes/stays up with the team this year? I thought it was fairly high, but seems like many here don't have him in the lineup. Any insights appreciated :)

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Hey guys, was thinking of maybe taking Suzuki in my keeper fantasy league. What are the odds he makes/stays up with the team this year? I thought it was fairly high, but seems like many here don't have him in the lineup. Any insights appreciated :)

He might get some games at some point but I doubt he's a regular.

Reactions: Inf4mous0ne

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I don’t think he is physically ready and will need one good season in Laval.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Don't know if he makes it out of camp but he'll make the team at some point. If it's a keeper League, I think he's a good pickup. Could be a good one.

Reactions: Inf4mous0ne

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Without adding anyone else, I'd like to see this for our opening lineup.

**If Suzuki and Poehling make it**

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Suzuki
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Poehling
Byron - Weal - Armia

PP1

Domi - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Drouin - Weber

PP2

Tatar - Danault - Suzuki
Mete - Petry

PK1

Lehkonen - Danault
Mete - Weber

PK2

Byron - Kotkaniemi
Kulak - Juulsen

I really want Kotkaniemi to get more ice time, and I think the best way is to leave him at 3rd line center but give him #1PP and #2PK duties.

I was hoping he'd get some PK time last year, but no luck, so maybe he needs to be eased into it, but I think he'd do well on the PK.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Without adding anyone else, I'd like to see this for our opening lineup.

**If Suzuki and Poehling make it**

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Suzuki
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Poehling
Byron - Weal - Armia

PP1

Domi - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Drouin - Weber

PP2

Tatar - Danault - Suzuki
Mete - Petry

PK1

Lehkonen - Danault - Armia
Mete - Weber

PK2

Byron - Kotkaniemi - Poehling
Kulak - Juulsen

I really want Kotkaniemi to get more ice time, and I think the best way is to leave him at 3rd line center but give him #1PP and #2PK duties.

I was hoping he'd get some PK time last year, but no luck, so maybe he needs to be eased into it, but I think he'd do well on the PK.

I like it. Note that only 4 players play on the pk :)

Also, Domi and Drouin may need Poehling's muscle. They couldn't do anything with Byron on the wing.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Send Drouin a message:

Domi Poehling Gallagher
Tatar Kotkaniemi Suzuki
Byron Danault Lehkonen
Drouin Weal Armia

or

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Domi Kotkaniemi Suzuki
Drouin Poehling Lehkonen
Byron Weal Armia

Do we ever need some size on the wings. Drouin and Byron are the next to be expendable imo.
That’s a really bad line up

Reactions: angusyoung and Wats

Jul 6, 2016
Yes I do wonder what the plan is for the lack of size. I don't think MB's done.

I have our right wing depth as:

Gallagher
Suzuki
Weal
Armia

I know Armia is a puck possession beast. But what good is possessing the puck if you can't make a play with it or convert a scoring chance? He needs to play in beast mode full time to get off my 4th line.

Suzuki is far from being ready to play at NHL level.

Reactions: Tyson

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Looks like another year out of the playoffs. We didn't improve this off-season, and teams around us got better. That is fine as we better make our push next season for the playoffs. One more year out isn't going to be bad for us, as long as we can develop some of our younger players this season. I'd like to see this lineup..

Tatar - Danualt - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Byron/Suzuki
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Weal - Poehling - Byron/Suzuki
13th: Peca

Mete - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Reilly - Juulsen
7th: Folin

We could use some help on that Right Wing. Not sure how I feel about Suzuki playing top 6 minutes in this case, but if he doesn't perform have him drop to the 4th line or AHL top line minutes.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Moving Poehling to the wing isn't the worse idea. He won the MVP for Team U.S.A at the WJC on the wing, and his hattrick in his first NHL game was also on the wing. When on the wing he tends to look to score a lot more than at center where he's looking to make plays, and god knows we could use more scoring from the wing in general. He's also a big body to handle down low and in front of the net - something else we need. No more Armia please. Poehling has the hockey IQ to play multiple positions unlike Chucky who needed to "learn" how to play center. Just don't view that as a problem for Poehling. Danault had no issues going from wing to center and Poehling won't either. He probably starts on the wing for Montreal. Kotka we should leave at center.

Tatar --- Danault --- Gallagher
Poehling --- Domi --- Drouin
Lehkonen --- Kotka --- Armia
Byron --- Thompson --- Weal
Peca, Hudon

Mete --- Weber
Reilly --- Petry
Kulak --- Juulsen or Brook
Folin

Price
Kinkaid

Waivers: Weise, Alzner, Varone

For the team to improve we'll need internal improvements from players again (Kotka to be better, Mete, Juulsen, Reilly, etc). It'll be tough to make the playoffs as Florida has significantly improved, Toronto and Tampa Bay are still good and the Metro has gotten far more competitive.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
Domi - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Tatar - Poehling - Byron
Lehkonen - Thompson - Weal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->