Line Combos: Roster 2019-2020

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
With the recent steady play of Weber, Chiarot, and Mete, our forward corp is now weaker than our d corps.

Gotta hope Poehling can really develop over the next 30 or so AHL and that we can hold it down until Drouin returns.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#18/11/19

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Domi/Suzuki/Armia
Lehkonen/Kotkaniemi/Weal
Hudon/Thompson/Cousins
Chiarot/Folin
Mete/Petry
Kulak/Reilly
Price/Kinkaid

#22-25-26/11/19

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Lehkonen/Domi/Suzuki
Hudon/Kotkaniemi/Armia
Cousins/Thompson/Weal
Chiarot/Weber
Mete/Petry
Reilly/Reilly
Price/Kinkaid

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#27/11/19

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Lehkonen/Domi/Suzuki
Cousins/Kotkaniemi/Armia
Hudon/Thompson/Weal
Chiarot/Weber
Mete/Petry
Reilly/Fleury
Price/Kinkaid

#05/12/19

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Cousins/Domi/Suzuki
Lehkonen/Kotkaniemi/Armia
Peca/Thompson/Weal
Chiarot/Weber
Kulak/Petry
Leskinen/Fleury
Price/Primeau

#09/12/19

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Lehkonen/Domi/Armia
Cousins/Suzuki/Weal
Peca/Thompson/Barber
Kulak/Weber
Chiarot/Petry
Leskinen/Fleury
Price/Primeau

#13/12/19

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Lehkonen/Domi/Armia
Cousins/Suzuki/Weal
Byron/Thompson/Barber
Chiarot/Weber
Kulak/Petry
Leskinen/Fleury
Price/Primeau

#16/12/19

Tatar/Vejdemo/Gallagher
Lehkonen/Domi/Armia
Cousins/Suzuki/Weal
Poehling/Thompson/Barber
Chiarot/Weber
Kulak/Petry
Reilly/Fleury
Price/Lindgren

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#December2019(Update1):

Tatar/Domi/Gallagher
Lehkonen/Danault/Armia
Byron/Suzuki/Cousins
Poehling/Thompson/Weal

Chiarot/Weber
Kulak/Petry
Reilly/Fleury

Price/Lindgren

Last edited:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#17/12/19

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Lehkonen/Domi/Armia
Cousins/Suzuki/Weal
Poehling/Vejdemo/Barber
Chiarot/Weber
Kulak/Petry
Reilly/Fleury
Price/Lindgren

#20/12/19

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Lehkonen/Domi/Armia
Vejdemo/Suzuki/Weal
Poehling/Thompson/Barber
Chiarot/Weber
Kulak/Petry
Reilly/Fleury
Mete/Folin
Price/Lindgren

#23/12/19

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Lehkonen/Domi/Armia
Cousins/Suzuki/Weal
Poehling/Thompson/Barber
Chiarot/Weber
Kulak/Petry
Mete/Fleury
Price/Lindgren

#27-28/12/19

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Lehkonen/Domi/Suzuki
Cousins/Kotkaniemi/Weal
Poehling/Thompson/Barber
Chiarot/Weber
Kulak/Petry
Mete/Fleury
Price/Lindgren

#31/12/19

Tatar/Danault/Gallagher
Lehkonen/Domi/Suzuki
Poehling/Kotkaniemi/Cousins
Barber/Thompson/Weal
Chiarot/Weber
Kulak/Petry
Mete/Fleury
Lindgren/Price

#02/01/20

Tatar/Danault/Cousins
Lehkonen/Domi/Suzuki
Poehling/Kotkaniemi/Weal
Vejdemo/Thompson/Weise
Chiarot/Weber
Mete/Petry
Kulak/Fleury
Price/Lindgren

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#January2020(Update1):

Tatar/Domi/Lehkonen
Kovalchuk/Kotkaniemi/Suzuki
Poehling/Danault/Weal
Vejdemo/Thompson/Weise

Chiarot/Weber
Mete/Petry
Scandella/Fleury

Price/Lindgren

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
#January2020(Update1):

Tatar/Domi/Lehkonen
Kovalchuk/Kotkaniemi/Suzuki
Poehling/Danault/Weal
Vejdemo/Thompson/Weise

Chiarot/Weber
Mete/Petry
Scandella/Fleury

Price/Lindgren

Kovalchuck is a RW. I like the idea of breaking up the Danault line altogether with the absence of Gallagher.

Tatar - Domi - Suzuki
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Kovalchuck
Poehling - Danault - Cousins
Weise - Thompson - Weal

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Tampa is leading Carolina in Raleigh, Florida is up by 1 in Pittsburgh..! Toronto is 10 points up on the Habs. That's the division. Unattainable.

Bergevin's eye is on the wildcard race, where the Habs are a solid 6 pts out - game for game, with 40 to play. Philly and Carolina are Bergevin's target, how fitting.

Given the competition,
  • IF Drouin comes back 100% and is able to stickhandle/pass as solidly as pre-injury;
  • IF Armia comes back healthy within the next few weeks;
  • IF Byron does not show concussion symptoms and finds his wheels;
  • IF Price gets over last night's loss and plays .918% or above;
  • IF Kotkaniemi's tank this year is made to last the whole 82;
  • IF Kovalchuk integrates well with Julien's system and produces at a decent rate; and
  • IF Gallagher's cranium and hands don't pose problem until the end of the season.....
They could make the playoffs. Seven (7) "if's". We need all of the above to run this, with Romanov and Caufield looking to take over Scandella and Kovalchuk respectively next year. No Weal big deal.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Suzuki
Kovalchuk - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Thompson - Lehkonen
Poehling, Cousins

Chiarot - Weber
Mete/Kulak - Petry
Scandella - Fleury
Kulak/Mete

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Tampa is leading Carolina in Raleigh, Florida is up by 1 in Pittsburgh..! Toronto is 10 points up on the Habs. That's the division. Unattainable.

Bergevin's eye is on the wildcard race, where the Habs are a solid 6 pts out - game for game, with 40 to play. Philly and Carolina are Bergevin's target, how fitting.

Given the competition,
  • IF Drouin comes back 100% and is able to stickhandle/pass as solidly as pre-injury;
  • IF Armia comes back healthy within the next few weeks;
  • IF Byron does not show concussion symptoms and finds his wheels;
  • IF Price gets over last night's loss and plays .918% or above;
  • IF Kotkaniemi's tank this year is made to last the whole 82;
  • IF Kovalchuk integrates well with Julien's system and produces at a decent rate; and
  • IF Gallagher's cranium and hands don't pose problem until the end of the season.....
They could make the playoffs. Seven (7) "if's". We need all of the above to run this, with Romanov and Caufield looking to take over Scandella and Kovalchuk respectively next year. No Weal big deal.

Drouin - Domi - Suzuki
Kovalchuk - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Thompson - Lehkonen
Poehling, Cousins

Chiarot - Weber
Mete/Kulak - Petry
Scandella - Fleury
Kulak/Mete

I like your lineup. I'm just hopeful Poehling can establish himself over the next 10 games while he's in the top 9.
And definitely Mete over Kulak:

Poehling - Domi - Lehkonen
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Kovalchuk - Suzuki - Byron
(I'd try to trade Byron for Galchenyuk or the assets to get Galchenyuk at rock bottom price, he doesn't fit)
Thompson, Cousins

Chiarot - Weber
Scandella - Petry
Mete - Fleury

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I like your lineup. I'm just hopeful Poehling can establish himself over the next 10 games while he's in the top 9.
And definitely Mete over Kulak:

Poehling - Domi - Lehkonen
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Kovalchuk - Suzuki - Byron
(I'd try to trade Byron for Galchenyuk or the assets to get Galchenyuk at rock bottom price, he doesn't fit)
Thompson, Cousins

Chiarot - Weber
Scandella - Petry
Mete - Fleury

Sorry, I can't get behind Suzuki getting 4th line TOI when he just played in two consecutive 20+ min games... top 6 material for sure.

As for Mete-Fleury, I think Julien paired Scandella and Fleury for mentorship reasons. Wants to avoid two young guys left to each other. Mete and Kulak can both work with Cale next year when Romanov comes over and learns from mobile PMD Jeff Petry as his partner. Scandella gone.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Sorry, I can't get behind Suzuki getting 4th line TOI when he just played in two consecutive 20+ min games... top 6 material for sure.

As for Mete-Fleury, I think Julien paired Scandella and Fleury for mentorship reasons. Wants to avoid two young guys left to each other. Mete and Kulak can both work with Cale next year when Romanov comes over and learns from mobile PMD Jeff Petry as his partner. Scandella gone.

I think KK ends up being the center that gets 13 minutes a game. I also have Suzuki on the PP and PK.

But, I want Poehling in the lineup. That means Thompson, Kovalchuk or Byron come out. If Kovalchuk is back to 24 goal form (what he scored in LA over 82 games) and not hurting us defensively, I'd like him in the lineup. I'd also take the old Byron over Thompson. Having 4 really good lines means not everyone plays as much - but for the team's sake, we have a really good line out there at all times.

Anyways, no point in debating this until we're actually healthy, we see what Kovy can do, and we see what Poehling can do in the top 9 over the next 10 games...

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Guy Boucher said on "On jase" today (RDS) that he would never put Kovalchuk on the 1st line with the expectation to run 30-35 second shifts against top lines for 22 minutes a night.

This was recorded before the lines were released I believe. It aired over lunch hour, so recorded mid to late morning.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Guy Boucher said on "On jase" today (RDS) that he would never put Kovalchuk on the 1st line with the expectation to run 30-35 second shifts against top lines for 22 minutes a night.

This was recorded before the lines were released I believe. It aired over lunch hour, so recorded mid to late morning.
I'm very surprised CJ opted for this. I was pretty sure there was no way he'd play on Domi's line, nevertheless less on Danault's.

They're desperate to appease the fans.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
With all 4 players being on the verge of coming back in the next month or two (speculation), our lineup will look good.

Drouin - Domi - Suzuki
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Weal - Thompson - Kovalchuk

Poehling > AHL
Weise > AHL
Cousins > 13th/AHL

It will allow us to make a strong push for a wildcard position then certainly make some noise in the playoffs if we make it. I could see this group making a deep run if healthy and rested.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Curious to see what line-up configuration we have when everyone is healthy again. Does Poehling get sent down?

I actually would like to see Drouin play with Kovalchuk on the PP. Domi/Weber on the 1st PP and Drouin/Kovalchuk on the 2nd

Tatar / Danault / Gallagher
Kovalchuk / Domi / Suzuki
Drouin / Kotkaniemi / Armia
Poehling / Thompson / Lehkonen

Byron, Weal, Cousins

Chiarot / Weber
Scandella / Petry
Mete / Fleury

Price
Lindgren

Reactions: vokiel

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
Curious to see what line-up configuration we have when everyone is healthy again. Does Poehling get sent down?

I actually would like to see Drouin play with Kovalchuk on the PP. Domi/Weber on the 1st PP and Drouin/Kovalchuk on the 2nd

Byron, Weal, Cousins

Chiarot / Weber
Scandella / Petry
Mete / Fleury

Price
Lindgren
Swap Domi and Kk and you have my lineup!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That D needs work. An offensive waterbug in the top 4 would really help.

I don't believe so. Of course we can use improvements but I think the centers need to mature as the bigger issue. Our team D is fine when they don't miss assignments. Since we focused on team D, we are 7th in goals against from Dec on.

Goal scoring shot power and centers still remain my area of focus. A bit less soft forwards would also help. This would take a lot of pressure off our D IMO.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Byron, Weal, Cousins

Chiarot / Weber
Scandella / Petry
Mete / Fleury

Price
Lindgren
You can go ahead and shift Domi to the wing for Suzuki and flip Kovalchuk over to RW but this is pretty close to what I expect to see as the lineup when/if the team is healthy.

Although Poehling likely goes down to make room for Byron.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You can go ahead and shift Domi to the wing for Suzuki and flip Kovalchuk over to RW but this is pretty close to what I expect to see as the lineup when/if the team is healthy.

Although Poehling likely goes down to make room for Byron.

I wonder if Domi is OK playing wing. Last time we did this, he was quickly moved back to center and didn't think Suzuki played bad at center. Contract year for Domi... probably wants to be paid as a center.

Very curious to see what Julien tries when 100% healthy

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I wonder if Domi is OK playing wing. Last time we did this, he was quickly moved back to center and didn't think Suzuki played bad at center. Contract year for Domi... probably wants to be paid as a center.

Very curious to see what Julien tries when 100% healthy
I think both Domi & Suzuki interchange depending on the situation...Suzuki will take most right hand side draws, while Domi takes left sided draws.

But from what i've seen lately, Suzuki is the one playing C in the defensive zone more often then not.

I kinda like it better that way since the Habs don't have any right handed C's...+ Suzuki's hockey sense really comes pops out when he plays down the middle.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think both Domi & Suzuki interchange depending on the situation...Suzuki will take most right hand side draws, while Domi takes left sided draws.

But from what i've seen lately, Suzuki is the one playing C in the defensive zone more often then not.

I kinda like it better that way since the Habs don't have any right handed C's...+ Suzuki's hockey sense really comes pops out when he plays down the middle.

I noticed that too. Suzuki is down low in our own end like a Center usually is. They are sharing the role. Some people look into it on paper too much. I actually see Domi as a puck possession winger like Marchand.

Reactions: 417

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Drouin/Domi/Gallagher
Tatar/Suzuki/Kovalchuk
Poehling/Kotkaniemi/Armia
Byron/Danault/Lehkonen

Juulsen/Weber
Mete/Petry
Chiarot/Fleury

Price/Lindgren