Line Combos: Roster 2019-2020

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
It does not suck that Gardiner did not want to play for Montreal. When are we going to learn that other teams spare parts are not our answer?

His offensive stats are inflated due to the stars the Leafs have and his defensive play is Beaulieu like. Stay away from players like this.

MB isn't going to learn that lesson, it's the bedrock of his management philosophy.

Unfortunately for us, we got stuck with Chiarot instead of Gardiner this year. Neither were the solution we need, but at least Gardiner is a legit top 4 Dman.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think this is the opening night lineup.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Suzuki
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Weal
Byron - Thompson - Armia

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Fleury

Meh

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016

Drouin - Domi - Suzuki
Byron - Thompson - Armia

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Fleury
I think you've got it. I doubt Bergevin will swap Thompson with Poehling, wasting the latter's growth in the 4th line.

Reactions: Gains

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Drouin - Domi - Suzuki

I don't think there is much chemistry (read love loss) with Domi and Drouin. This is perhaps one of the reasons CJ is having such a hard time finding a seat for him. He certainly seems to pout when placed on that third line. It's actually sad to see.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think you've got it. I doubt Bergevin will swap Thompson with Poehling, wasting the latter's growth in the 4th line.

I think poehling is the first call up if a center goes down, even if it happens to be Thompson's spot.

I think the habs have the type of lineup where they can roll 4 lines if they want to, so poehling can still get some value out of a call up of that nature IMO.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't think there is much chemistry (read love loss) with Domi and Drouin. This is perhaps one of the reasons CJ is having such a hard time finding a seat for him. He certainly seems to pout when placed on that third line. It's actually sad to see.

They are looking at him on the left wing. He is going to be given every opportunity to be a top 6 guy, and I highly doubt they want to break up the danault line.

Also, even though drouin had struggles later on, he did have some productive stretches with domi before that they can try to rekindle.

I think all signs point to him playing with domi to start out at least.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I would waive Reilly. 2 years @ $1,5m means no one will take him. Folin OTOH is cheaper and a RHD. Too many teams looking for that. Someone will take him.

Hudon also to waivers.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Suzuki should play at C...

Tatar - Danault - Gally
Domi - JKO - Drouin
Lekhonen - Suzuki - Byron
Cousins - Weal - Armia

That's how I'd roll until we can trade Drouin

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
WTF was Gagnon taking about at the intermission- Folin in the top 6?!

Has he been watching the games?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
They are looking at him on the left wing. He is going to be given every opportunity to be a top 6 guy, and I highly doubt they want to break up the danault line.

Also, even though drouin had struggles later on, he did have some productive stretches with domi before that they can try to rekindle.

I think all signs point to him playing with domi to start out at least.

I wonder. We know what a stickler CJ is for positional play. It's asking a lot of Domi to mentor the Kid while covering for Drouin's inevitable missed assignments in the Dzone.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I wonder. We know what a stickler CJ is for positional play. It's asking a lot of Domi to mentor the Kid while covering for Drouin's inevitable missed assignments in the Dzone.

Those are good points. To be honest, even if it's the most likely scenario to me, I'm not really in love with the idea either.

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
Suzuki should play at C...

Tatar - Danault - Gally
Domi - JKO - Drouin
Lekhonen - Suzuki - Byron
Cousins - Weal - Armia

That's how I'd roll until we can trade Drouin

Not nasty at all. My only tweak would have to put another C on that 3rd line.

Domi - KK - Drouin
Byron - Suzuki - Weal
Lehkonen - Poehling - Armia
Hudon - Thompson - Cousins

And I do agree that Drouin isn't meshing well in the mold of this team. Without him:

Domi - KK - Suzuki
Byron - Poehling - Weal
Lehkonen - Thompson - Armia
Hudon - Cousins

Reactions: Miller Time

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Thought Suzuki showed some chemistry with Domi. They couldn’t quite connect, but they were close a few times. Hopefully it comes quickly.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Can they send Kotkaniemi and Drouin to Laval because that's what I would do.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
MB isn't going to learn that lesson, it's the bedrock of his management philosophy.

Unfortunately for us, we got stuck with Chiarot instead of Gardiner this year. Neither were the solution we need, but at least Gardiner is a legit top 4 Dman.
There is a requirement for different types of dman in a lineup. Gardiner is a soft turnover machine in his own end. Leaf fans despised him. Just wait till they watch Ceci lol

Chiarot is an upgrade on Jordie Benn. Bonus he is left handed. Will eat minutes and step up in playoffs unlike Gardiner.

Good luck in Caroline Gards.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Domi hasn't looked great either. Why is he guaranteed his #1C spot

Domi - Suzuki - Drouin
Lehkonen - Danault - Gallagher
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Poehling
Byron - Weal - Armia

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Fleury

Price
Kinkaid

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
If only we could land Josh Anderson... we NEED that powerfoward presence in our top 9! Don’t talk to me about stone hand Joel Armia.

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Anderson-Domi-Suzuki

Please.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
There is a requirement for different types of dman in a lineup. Gardiner is a soft turnover machine in his own end. Leaf fans despised him. Just wait till they watch Ceci lol

Chiarot is an upgrade on Jordie Benn. Bonus he is left handed. Will eat minutes and step up in playoffs unlike Gardiner.

Good luck in Caroline Gards.

Remains to be seen if Chiarot improves on Benn. Not convinced.

What is clear is that he is a worse NHL Dman than Gardiner. Not even remotely close in that regard, style doesn't change substance.

robicgi

Oct 17, 2018

Drouin - Domi - Suzuki
Byron - Thompson - Armia

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Fleury

Meh

I'd be good with that but I would swap lehkonen and drouin and put Poeling as 4c to start. 3rd line wing may help Drouin and Lehkonen can be a forecheck past which even if hes not scoring can create more chances for Domi and Suzuki. Poeling as 4c is not ideal I know but he seems ready for this league and some pk and mentoring from Danault playing against the best in the world would benefit him more than Ahl seasoning IMO Saying that , this is not my long term vision for the lines but the lines to start the season.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Domi/kk-Suzuki (Kk may need Suzuki more than Domi does)
Drouin-KK/Domi-Weal (maybe Weal replaces Shaw with Domi and Drouin)
Byron-Poehling-Armia
Thompson

Mete-Weber
Kulak-Petry
Chiarot-Fleury
Reilly, Folin

Price
Kinkaid

Jul 6, 2016

Drouin - Domi - Suzuki
Byron - Thompson - Armia

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Fleury

Meh

Drouin MUST be placed with Domi and Suzuki.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad