Line Combos: Roster 2019-2020

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I understand all of those things.

It's pretty simple: list Tampa's top 6, including who are the top 2 centers that played center and who are the 4 players who played wing that are better than Tatar? If you can't do that and put it down in a reply to this post, then you have your answer - because you have no answer.

Sure dude...

Not here to do your research for you. Your statement about TB's top 6 was incorrect by any reasonable account. Up to you to go get your facts straight, or not...

Cheers

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Sure dude...

Not here to do your research for you. Your statement about TB's top 6 was incorrect by any reasonable account. Up to you to go get your facts straight, or not...

Cheers

lol

You're the one who said Tatar isn't top 6 on elite teams. Which elite teams have 4 wingers better than Tatar?

Clearly you were just pulling your statement out of your rear end since you can't back it up? Did you not do the research?

In my post I was trying to figure out who YOU think are the 4 better wingers than Tatar. If they exist, why don't you point them out? I know because they don't. Because you didn't know what you were talking about.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Oh, I see.... You don't understand that some sites list players in positions they don't always play, and some teams move players around....

Sorry, thought you were familiar enough with hockey to understand that.

Let me simplify it for you, again.

7 TB forwards played more minutes than Corelli.
7 scored more.
8 scored more per game.

Clear enough for you?

The bolded did indeed make the point that you responded without reading the post you quoted.
Hard to have any kind of discussion when that happens.

Who cares about Cirelli? You want to be right so much that you're missing the point. Cirelli is playing center anyway so you two are fighting over nothing.

Tatar would be the second best winger on the lightning behind kucherov. They're running

Palat-stamkos-kuch
Gourde point johnson
Killhorn cirelli joseph

Other than kucherov, their winger closest to tatars production was Gourde at 48 pts, 10 behind TT.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Who cares about Cirelli? You want to be right so much that you're missing the point. Cirelli is playing center anyway so you two are fighting over nothing.

Tatar would be the second best winger on the lightning behind kucherov. They're running

Palat-stamkos-kuch
Gourde point johnson
Killhorn cirelli joseph

Other than kucherov, their winger closest to tatars production was Gourde at 48 pts, 10 behind TT.

if you read the posts you are referring to, your outrage will subside. simple case of ppl posting to be heard vs actually reading and responding.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
if you read the posts you are referring to, your outrage will subside. simple case of ppl posting to be heard vs actually reading and responding.

I've read the posts, all I've seen is you attacking everyone. Seems like you're another one of those guys that if it wears an Habs jersey, it's no good. Any positivity is to be banned on these boards, how can anyone dare like some Habs players. Our team sucks!

/sarcasm.

Reactions: 417

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I've read the posts, all I've seen is you attacking everyone. Seems like you're another one of those guys that if it wears an Habs jersey, it's no good. Any positivity is to be banned on these boards, how can anyone dare like some Habs players. Our team sucks!

/sarcasm.

Great insights, thanks for sharing, really enhances the quality of discussion on the board.

Tell you what, since not all of us can be the cheerleaders that you crave, there's an ignore function that has the awesome ability to let you hear and read only what you can understand or enjoy. I encourage you to use it.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Does anyone remember why Drouin-Danault-Gallagher were split up?

For a few games they were a dynamite line. It would also free up Tatar to make a good duo with Domi and perhaps get Lehokonen or Byron going:

Drouin Danault Gallagher
Tatar Domi Lehkonen/Byron

IF Drouin-Danault-Gallagher can work, I like that a lot better than having a second line of Byron-Domi-Lehkonen - assuming for a moment Poehling and/or Suzuki aren't ready for top 6 duty.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest

For a few games they were a dynamite line. It would also free up Tatar to make a good duo with Domi and perhaps get Lehokonen or Byron going:

Drouin Danault Gallagher

IF Drouin-Danault-Gallagher can work, I like that a lot better than having a second line of Byron-Domi-Lehkonen - assuming for a moment Poehling and/or Suzuki aren't ready for top 6 duty.

I don't remember, but I remember calling for Drouin-Gally combo last year.

It seems a little like oil and water with Danault and Gallagher being such great possession drivers and Drouin being... Drouin. But you're right if it could work it might be the best way to spread out the talent.

You're also running under the assumption that Domi stays at C. I'm not convinced on that one. Julien has options now at C. Move KK into the top6 and Poehling is our 3C. I'd bet we'll at least see that scenario be tried out at camp/preseason.

I agree though, assuming Kotkaniemi is bottom 6, and Poehling/Suzuki aren't top 6 either, then I think we're going to have to split up the T-D-G line.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
What I hope to see on October 3rd, assuming Suzuki and Poehling deserve it based on their play in the pre-season.

Drouin-Danault-Gallagher
Tatar-Domi-Suzuki
Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Byron-Poehling-Weal
Cousins

Mete-Weber
Kulak-Petry
Chariot-Juulsen
Folin
Reilly

Price
Kinkaid

PP: Give big minutes to KK and Suzuki
PK: Give big minutes to Poehling

Reactions: Want My Dach x 77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Drouin Danault Gallagher

Because they were a complete and utter tire fire in their own end against the top lines...

Reactions: 26Mats

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
DrouinDomiSuzuki
DanaultPoehlingGallagher
TatarKotkaniemiArmia
ByronWealLehkonen
MeteWeber
ChiarotPetry
KulakJuulsen
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
1. I would like to see suzuki with 2 guys with a nice hockey IQ in domi and drouin. 2. I think poehling with danault could be a great fit. Big faceoff, danault will take it. 3. Kotkaniemi with armia is already good but i add Tatar cause he will produce more than lehkonen.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
He was my biggest surprise this year, I was not expecting anything from him but damn he was impressive at even strenght, really dominant.

Let's hope he can repeat his 55-60 points this year.

He seems like a candidate for regressing, but I remember in the post season interview he mentioned he did something specific in the off-season that really improved his play. He said he shared it with his teammates but didn't want to tell the media.

Gives me hope he can continue his great play.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
What I hope:
Drouin - Domi -Hudon
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Poehling - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen
Byron - Weal - Armia

The reason I have Byron on the 4th line and not Hudon or Lehkonen is because Byron has shown to still be effective on the 4th line, whereas the other 2 have shown the opposite.
Also I would rather Poehling plays the wing and gets more minute on the 3rd line

What I think we will start with:

Drouin - Domi - Lehkonen
Tatar - Danault - Gally
Byron - KK - Armia
Hudon/Cousins - Poehling - Weal

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
DrouinDomiSuzuki
DanaultPoehlingGallagher
TatarKotkaniemiArmia
ByronWealLehkonen
MeteWeber
ChiarotPetry
KulakJuulsen
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
1. I would like to see suzuki with 2 guys with a nice hockey IQ in domi and drouin. 2. I think poehling with danault could be a great fit. Big faceoff, danault will take it. 3. Kotkaniemi with armia is already good but i add Tatar cause he will produce more than lehkonen.

Drouin does not possess a high hockey IQ. He is all tools and no toolbox.

Reactions: Naslund and 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What I hope:
Drouin - Domi -Hudon
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Poehling - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen
Byron - Weal - Armia

The reason I have Byron on the 4th line and not Hudon or Lehkonen is because Byron has shown to still be effective on the 4th line, whereas the other 2 have shown the opposite.
Also I would rather Poehling plays the wing and gets more minute on the 3rd line

What I think we will start with:

Drouin - Domi - Lehkonen
Tatar - Danault - Gally
Byron - KK - Armia
Hudon/Cousins - Poehling - Weal

I like your outside the box thinking. Hudon is of course slow as molasses. But he was always good with Drouin. Add Domi to that duo and I could really see them thriving offensively. Of course that line has defensive train wreck written all over it. But if they could somehow play good defense (i don't see how) I'd like to see what they could do offensively.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
I would like to try :

Drouin-Danault-Gallagher
Domi-Kotkaniemi-Tatar
Byron-Poehling-Lehkonen
Cousins-Weal-Armia

Reactions: 26Mats

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I would like to try :

Drouin-Danault-Gallagher
Domi-Kotkaniemi-Tatar
Byron-Poehling-Lehkonen
Cousins-Weal-Armia

I want to see this too, but it's like being caught between the kitchen and the living room because the last thing I want to see after domis amazing year at center is him be moved to wing. But then at the same time I want to see what Kotka can do on the second with good wingers. I'm freaking out guys.

Want My Dach x 77

Sep 2, 2010
vancouver, bc
What I hope to see on October 3rd, assuming Suzuki and Poehling deserve it based on their play in the pre-season.

Drouin-Danault-Gallagher
Tatar-Domi-Suzuki
Byron-Poehling-Weal
Cousins

Mete-Weber
Kulak-Petry
Chariot-Juulsen
Folin
Reilly

Price
Kinkaid

PP: Give big minutes to KK and Suzuki
PK: Give big minutes to Poehling

Definitely the best case scenario mirror image of my lineup , this could be a very underrated lineup.. imo

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Pretty much same lineup as last year.

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Domi-Byron
Pezzetta-Cousins-Weal
Thompson

Let Poehling and Suzuki dominate the AHL until christmas. And Yeah, you read that correctly. I’m pulling for Pezzetta to make this team. He’s the perfect winger on our fourth line. I was listening to the guys doing the Rocket Laval on the radio and at the end of the year, they were saying Pezzetta is a dark horse to make this team. Julien’s type of guy, hit like a truck, good speed, decent skill on the fourth line and very good charactere guy. We need at least one toughness presence in this forward lineup with Shaw and D-Lo gone. Can’t let Domi and Gally doing all the post whistle scrum.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Domi-Byron
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Weal-Thompson-Cousins
Hudon/Peca

Kulak-Petry
Mete-Weber
Chiarot-Juulsen/Folin
Reilly

Price
Kinkaid

Pretty simple logic.

-Stick with Montreal's very effective 1st line and top D pair from the end of last season.

-Lehkonen and Byron are strong ES players and good at going to the net and being well positioned on the ice. Domi's a strong playmaker and could make good use of wingers like that.

-Play Drouin on a line that goes against weaker competition with a strong play driver (Kotkaniemi) and a big body that knows where to be on the ice (Armia) should help him disappear a bit and give him space to hopefully figure things out. Line may suffer due to lack of scorers, but it might force Drouin to shoot more.

-Fourth line is pretty simple. Thompson is a face-off guy (but all 3 can play center) and Weal and Cousins are pretty good at driving play lower in he line-up.

-Gives a good chance for Suzuki and/or Poehling to force their way onto the roster, but doesn't give them a spot.

-Gives Mete another shot with Weber, hopefully his off-season work pays off (but the D will probably see a ton of shuffling regardless).

-Chiarot-Juulsen/Folin is a prototypical heavy 3rd pair that Julien likes.

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
i would go with this:

DomiKotkaniemiDrouin
TatarDanaultGallagher
ByronPeohlingWeal
LekhonenCousinsArmia
PecaThomsonHudon
MeteWeber
ChariotPetry
KulakJuulsen
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
i would go with this:

DomiKotkaniemiDrouin
TatarDanaultGallagher
ByronPeohlingWeal
LekhonenCousinsArmia
PecaThomsonHudon
MeteWeber
ChariotPetry
KulakJuulsen
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I hope Julien at least tries something like this. Too often he sticks to the same stale line combos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad