Line Combos: Roster 2019-2020

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
On the 5th line? Where would you see him start the year at C in Montreal?

I have him on the wing, but could see him playing center with Domi on his wing or as the 4c with Weal and perhaps Armia.

Alexandre Magny

Apr 27, 2019
Drouin-Domi-Byron
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Poehling-Weal-Cousins

Extra: Thompson and Peca or Hudon

Mete-Weber
Chiarot-Petry
Kulak-Folin
Reilly

Price
Kinkaid

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Drouin-Domi-Byron
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Poehling-Weal-Cousins

Extra: Thompson and Peca or Hudon

Mete-Weber
Chiarot-Petry
Kulak-Folin
Reilly

Price
Kinkaid
woah! what a shitty line-up that is... Kotka on the 3rd ? Poe on the 4th ?

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
There's a clear issue everyone seems to have noticed.

Poehling, Domi, Kotkaniemi, Danault should all really be in the top 6. That means two of them will not be a top 6 center this year.

Poehling as 3c is fine I guess, but I don't want him down on the 4th for the whole year.

Domi - Kotkaniemi - Suzuki

..will be a fun line in the future, maybe this year?

Domi - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Tatar - Danault - Armia
Lehkonen - Poehling - Byron
Hudon - Weal - Cousins

That's my wish, but we'll see at camp.

Reactions: HBDay

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Poehling, Domi, Kotkaniemi, Danault should all really be in the top 6. That means two of them will not be a top 6 center this year.

Poehling as 3c is fine I guess, but I don't want him down on the 4th for the whole year.

Tatar - Danault - Armia
Hudon - Weal - Cousins

where's Drouin?

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I don't think it's a bad thing to have Poehling/Kotka on the 3rd/4th line in today's game. The bottom 2 lines aren't supposed to be goons anymore they're supposed to score and produce, while getting a little less icetime

like it's not IDEAL for them not to be in a top 6 but it's not as bad in my head as some people here seem to make it out to be, playing on a 4th line isn't like a 1995 curse where you had to play with 2 people who didn't know how to skate

Reactions: angusyoung

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I could definitely see Poehling brought along as a LW to start. It’s either that, or centering the 4th line. Considering our desperate need for size at wing he could give us some.

Reactions: angusyoung

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I don't think it's a bad thing to have Poehling/Kotka on the 3rd/4th line in today's game. The bottom 2 lines aren't supposed to be goons anymore they're supposed to score and produce, while getting a little less icetime

..playing a 4th line isn't like a 1995 curse where you had to play with 2 people who didn't know how to skate

I agree, it's not the end of the world, but it means their linemates are more likely Hudon, Lehkonen, Byron, Cousins than Gallagher Tatar Domi and Drouin.

I've flip flopped on this a bit, but I think a whole year down on the third line for KK this year would be a real shame.

Many players his age would be put into the top 6 on other teams.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
If he has a bad stratch, it's going to get ugly at the Bell center. The boo birds were already starting to come out at yhe end of last year.

Unfortunately I don't see that helping him quite the opposite.

I'm so done with him. If he can smarten up I'll admit on here I was wrong to give up on him, but I thought he was costing us games last year.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
I think most are assuming Poeling is on the team but in the event that he doesn't impress, or they just want to be patient and keep him in Laval, I think there's a spot open in the top 9. I think Justin Williams could be an interesting add.

He's a 20 goal scorer, vet presence, good shooter and good with deflections. Could be helpful on the PP, even on the 2nd unit. 1 year deal at around $5M.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Lehkonen
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Williams
Cousins - Weal - Armia

Gives KK a better finisher and pushes Armia down to the 4th line. I could see Lehkonen and Byron flipping spots.

Jul 6, 2016
I think most are assuming Poeling is on the team but in the event that he doesn't impress, or they just want to be patient and keep him in Laval, I think there's a spot open in the top 9. I think Justin Williams could be an interesting add.

He's a 20 goal scorer, vet presence, good shooter and good with deflections. Could be helpful on the PP, even on the 2nd unit. 1 year deal at around $5M.

Drouin - Domi - Lehkonen
Cousins - Weal - Armia

Gives KK a better finisher and pushes Armia down to the 4th line. I could see Lehkonen and Byron flipping spots.

Justin Williams has said it often and often: HE WON'T PLAY anywhere but in Carolina.

Jul 6, 2016

Drouin - Domi - Lehkonen
Cousins - Weal - Armia

With Shaw gone, I can easily see Julien trying the Drouin-Domi-Armia line again. They were playing good together until Armia was injured.

Drouin-Domi-Armia
Tatar-Danault-Gally
Byron-KK-Lehkonen or Weal
Cousins-Weal or Thompson or Poehling -McCarron

Poehling may crack this line up as well as McCarron. This team needs SIZE !

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

Tatar - Danault - Armia
Hudon - Weal - Cousins

Poehling has played one game in the NHL...do you realize how ridiculous is it to even think that he deserve to be in the top 6.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
We have 3 top 6 players.

Domi, Drouin and Gallagher.

We have 3 young players that we want to develop further.

Kotka, Poehling, Lekhonen

We have 4 veterans, with specific roles.

Tatar, Danault, Armia, Byron

We have 1 rookie knocking on the door

Suzuki

We have a few extras

Weal, Thompson, Cousins, Hudon

At first glance we have this:

Tatar - Domi - Gallagher (Don't think Tartar-Domi can be split)
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Armia (KK needs to play with top 6 talent)
Poehling - Danault - Lekhonen (Poehling needs to learn his long-term role, Lekhonen to score)
Thompson - Weal - Byron

Cousins, Hudon

What I would be tempted to do:

Tatar - Domi - Suzuki <== yes aggressive to play Suzuki there, but, it would bring all kinds of balance to the lineup that we can't ignore.
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher <== much better 2nd line and situation for KK.
Poehling - Danault - Lekhonen <=== less pressure on this line.
Armia - Weal - Byron <=== very good 4th line.

Reactions: Michelb2018

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We have 3 top 6 players.

Suzuki

We have a few extras

Poehling - Danault - Lekhonen (Poehling needs to learn his long-term role, Lekhonen to score)
Thompson - Weal - Byron

Cousins, Hudon

Tatar - Domi - Suzuki <== yes aggressive to play Suzuki there, but, it would bring all kinds of balance to the lineup that we can't ignore.

Tatar is top 6.

Danault is too
(fyi he had as many or more points than Jamie Benn, Brock Nelson, Gallagher, Drouin, Kreider, Staal, Anders Lee, Laine, Palmeiri, tyler Johnson, etc...)

If Poehling and Suzuki are ready for top 9 spots, we'll be damn good - especially if Drouin can get it together.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Drouin - Domi - Lehkonen
Cousins - Weal - Armia

I'd add Justin Williams and then flip him at the deadline, hopefully for a 2nd, to make room for Suzuki.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
We have 3 top 6 players.

Suzuki

We have a few extras

Thompson - Weal - Byron

Cousins, Hudon

Drouin top 6 player. That's a good one.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Tatar is top 6.

Danault is too
(fyi he had as many or more points than Jamie Benn, Brock Nelson, Gallagher, Drouin, Kreider, Staal, Anders Lee, Laine, Palmeiri, tyler Johnson, etc...)

If Poehling and Suzuki are ready for top 9 spots, we'll be damn good - especially if Drouin can get it together.
not really, they just need to be better than the 8th and 9th forward for that...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->