Line Combos: Roster 2019-2020

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
In my opinion, penguins, Islanders, jackets, leafs are all candidates to miss the playoffs. All of them were within 2-4 wins of not making the playoffs and they, quite contrary of what you're saying, are not at all improved.

*We* are also candidates to miss the playoffs since we are barely improved, if at all (I understand trading Shaw due to the repeated concussion risk, but Bergevin has not replaced him in the line-up and so we are left *hoping* a rookie will step up). With this roster, we will be lucky to be in a dogfight for 3rd with the Leafs or for the wildcard spot with the Pens and Islanders; if we are not lucky we will just miss the playoffs again. Ultimately the latter may be the better outcome, if it also means the end of Bergevin.

Reactions: OldCraig71

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's like rearranging chairs on Titanic

It depends on how much better young guys like Kotkaniemi, Poheling, Suzuki, Drouin, etc... will be. If they've vastly improved, it will be like getting new technology ;) You're average present day cruise ship is much bigger than the titanic and gets to the promised land - or at least the land the company that owns it promised.

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
This is what I hope!

Tatar-Dano-Gally
Drew-Domi-Lekh
Byron-Kotka-Armia
Cousins-Poehling-Weal
Thompson

Mete-Weber
Kulak-Petry
Reilly-Juulsen
Chariot-Folin

Price-Kinkaid

Peca-Suzuki-Barber
Varone-Evans-McCarron*
Jevpalos-Vedjemo-Belzile
Teasdale-Alain-Weise
Pezzetta-Verbeek-Waked
Pelletier°-A.Morans°-Cox°

Ouellet-Fleury
Alzner-Brook
Olofsson-Lamarche°
Sklenicka/O.Leskinen
Culkin°

Primeau-McNiven-Lindgren-Lacouvee°

48 NHL contracts (with McCarron*)
6 AIL contracts

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
This is what I hope!

Tatar-Dano-Gally
Drew-Domi-Lekh
Byron-Kotka-Armia
Cousins-Poehling-Weal
Thompson

Mete-Weber
Kulak-Petry
Reilly-Juulsen
Chariot-Folin

Price-Kinkaid

Peca-Suzuki-Barber
Varone-Evans-McCarron*
Jevpalos-Vedjemo-Belzile
Teasdale-Alain-Weise
Pezzetta-Verbeek-Waked
Pelletier°-A.Morans°-Cox°

Ouellet-Fleury
Alzner-Brook
Olofsson-Lamarche°
Sklenicka/O.Leskinen
Culkin°

Primeau-McNiven-Lindgren-Lacouvee°

48 NHL contracts (with McCarron*)
6 AIL contracts

2 Things; Chiarot will be in MTL top6, he's MTL most physical player and he's a beast on the PK., Also MTL didn't sign Leskinen to be an extra in Laval, he will surprise many of us at the MAIN camp.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
This is what I hope!

Tatar-Dano-Gally
Drew-Domi-Lekh
Byron-Kotka-Armia
Cousins-Poehling-Weal
Thompson

Mete-Weber
Kulak-Petry
Reilly-Juulsen
Chariot-Folin

Price-Kinkaid

What a terrible, terrible lineup. Bottom 5 potential if no move is made in the next few months. But hey at least it would mean the end of Bergevin’s tenure and a lottery shot at Lafrenière.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What a terrible, terrible lineup. Bottom 5 potential if no move is made in the next few months. But hey at least it would mean the end of Bergevin’s tenure and a lottery shot at Lafrenière.

The progression of the young guys will determine our season. Domi, KK, Drouin, Poehlong, Suzuki, etc... could all take big steps forward. Poehling and Suzuki being ready for top 9 duties alone makes a word of difference. And they're 20, not 18 like KK last year who made a big impact on the team in the first 2/3 of the season. If those 2 and KK can be solid top 9 forwards for the whole year it's a whole different team.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Lol. Bergevin is going nowhere regardless after next year. He’s Teflon.
And I agree that lineup is awful. No changes at all.

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
2 Things; Chiarot will be in MTL top6, he's MTL most physical player and he's a beast on the PK., Also MTL didn't sign Leskinen to be an extra in Laval, he will surprise many of us at the MAIN camp.

I know Chiarot will be in the top 6 instead of Reilly and Folin could even take Juulsen spot and Juulsen Lamarche spot in the AHL.
I really loved Otto at rookie camp but he was a lot younger. There is Chiarot, Kulak and Reilly on 1 way contracts, Alzner on a way contract too as mentor in laval, with Mete surely starting the year with Weber, Ouellet as Laval's rocket, Olofsson will want to prove his value, Sklenicka with a year or NA hock under the beat there is a lot or compétition at LD.

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
I know Chiarot will be in the top 6 instead of Reilly and Folin could even take Juulsen spot and Juulsen Lamarche spot in the AHL.
I really loved Otto at rookie camp but he was a lot younger. There is Chiarot, Kulak and Reilly on 1 way contracts, Alzner on a way contract too as mentor in laval, with Mete surely starting the year with Weber, Ouellet as Laval's rocket, Olofsson will want to prove his value, Sklenicka with a year or NA hock under the beat there is a lot or compétition at LD.
I said Otto was younger, meant older. Sorry.

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
Well with Weber and Price heatly its a very young and balanced lineup. But we didnt improve the PP at all...

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
MB still has around 8.5 million to spend yet. He still has to have something up his sleeve? Right?

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
The progression of the young guys will determine our season. Domi, KK, Drouin, Poehlong, Suzuki, etc... could all take big steps forward. Poehling and Suzuki being ready for top 9 duties alone makes a word of difference. And they're 20, not 18 like KK last year who made a big impact on the team in the first 2/3 of the season. If those 2 and KK can be solid top 9 forwards for the whole year it's a whole different team.

Suzuki won’t be ready for a top 9 role. He hasn’t even played pro yet. Let him season in the AHL first. Let’s see what Poehling can do. With his size, he should be able to handle it but I’ll be surprised if he shows significant offense in his first year. The current team though has very few goals, just like the last few years, and many guys had career years to take us to 9th place last year. I’m sure all that went right last year offensively doesn’t happen again. The only guy who struggled was Drouin and I expect a few guys to come back to the median next season.

When you have a season of promise like we did, you need a good summer to keep up the momentum. Without any big changes, we won’t finish where we did last season. We’ve seen it before and I’m sure the players are wondering how we’re going to be better with what we’ve done so far.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Suzuki won’t be ready for a top 9 role. He hasn’t even played pro yet. Let him season in the AHL first. Let’s see what Poehling can do. With his size, he should be able to handle it but I’ll be surprised if he shows significant offense in his first year. The current team though has very few goals, just like the last few years, and many guys had career years to take us to 9th place last year. I’m sure all that went right last year offensively doesn’t happen again. The only guy who struggled was Drouin and I expect a few guys to come back to the median next season.

When you have a season of promise like we did, you need a good summer to keep up the momentum. Without any big changes, we won’t finish where we did last season. We’ve seen it before and I’m sure the players are wondering how we’re going to be better with what we’ve done so far.

The way to improve the team from the outside this summer evidently wasn't the big fish in the UFA market nor was it the rfa market.

There were options though: getting Subban for two seconds (i.e. Byron and Shaw) and then trading Petry for an available LD (like Leddy) would have greatly improved the D. Then on offense signing Dzingle and MoJo would provide depth until Suzuki and Poehling are ready for the top 9.

Big misses.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal

I expect the same old Drouin this year. Disinterested, inconstant and painful to watch 90% of the time. Still hope he's traded asap. We'll get a better idea of the new guys at camp, I hope at least one of them surprises big time or it'll be a long season.

I doubt even MB survives another playoff-less season. It'd be the third in a row, fourth in 5 years. Unacceptable even for a clueless owner like Molson.

Well with Weber and Price heatly its a very young and balanced lineup. But we didnt improve the PP at all...

I don't see our defense as improved either, it'll be our biggest downfall once again. Looking at the current roster it's not far fetched to say that it'll take a miraculous season from Price to finish higher than bottom 1o in the league. MB still has time to make some moves though, we'll see.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I expect the same old Drouin this year. Disinterested, inconstant and painful to watch 90% of the time. Still hope he's traded asap. We'll get a better idea of the new guys at camp, I hope at least one of them surprises big time or it'll be a long season.

I doubt even MB survives another playoff-less season. It'd be the third in a row, fourth in 5 years. Unacceptable even for a clueless owner like Molson.

I don't see our defense as improved either, it'll be our biggest downfall once again. Looking at the current roster it's not far fetched to say that it'll take a miraculous season from Price to finish higher than bottom 1o in the league. MB still has time to make some moves though, we'll see.

I don't know why so many were not in favir of bringing pk back. The big name ufa's didn't want to come here. But pk was available for cheap in the trade market. He still very well could be elite. He was in mtl. He was for the first 2 years in nashvill . Only year he wasn't was injury plagued last year. Incredible that he was available so cheap (basically for Byron and Shaw). Then you trade petry for an available ld like Leddy, and boom the defense is vastly improved.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
I know we have all said that for a long time because it was true, but if we miss again id bet hes gone. Which is why im honestly scared to make the playoffs, if we get killed and swept in the 1st round that just buys the moron more time.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
The way to improve the team from the outside this summer evidently wasn't the big fish in the UFA market nor was it the rfa market.

There were options though: getting Subban for two seconds (i.e. Byron and Shaw) and then trading Petry for an available LD (like Leddy) would have greatly improved the D. Then on offense signing Dzingle and MoJo would provide depth until Suzuki and Poehling are ready for the top 9.

Big misses.
Just like that eh lol

Reactions: angusyoung

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Tatar - Domi - (Trade)
Drouin - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Weal - Cousins - Byron

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Juulsen

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
This defense is bottom 5 in the NHL

We gave up the 7th least goals in the league after Weber came back last year which only 2 more goals than Tampa and Boston over that period (compared to the 5th most goals against in the league without Weber). Younger guys like Mete and Kulak have stepped up and Juulsen was playing well before his injury last year.

Ever since we replaced JJD and stopped playing plugs like Schlemko and Alzner 19-20 minutes a game our D has been improved.

Obviously a LHD who could log 22+ minutes a night would be a welcome addition, however in my opinion this team could use a goal scoring winger more (especially for the PP).

Reactions: MolleSon

Kiko

Jun 29, 2016
Montreal
Drouin - Domi - Suzuki
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Weal - Poehling - Byron

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Juulsen

Top 6 is interchangable. I really like the Finnish line that was experimented with last season and I think that Jesperi will enjoy playing with his compatriots. That 4th line is just nasty if Poehling lives up to his potential. A lot of depth in this roster, not many out and out stars but a lot of players that can chip in.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this season's roster. I've seen a lot of negative comments but if we expect a natural progression of our young players and decent rookie seasons from Suzuki and Poehling it could be enough to cause some damage in the playoffs. Columbus has shown us that anything is possible if you make it there.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad