Proposal: Roslovic for Virtanen (Proposal)

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Meh. The 3 or 4 games a month Jake turns on the jets for make me want to keep him, unless it's part of a package for a different area of need.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Virtanen is a bust. A 3rd line player on his best days. Vancouver would have to add.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Jake Virtanen is not untouchable, but I'd want more of a return than that. His goal scoring has improved steadily each year, except for the hiccup sophomore year of 10 games. He can be counted on for 15+ goals/year now imo, which is pretty good playing on the 3rd line.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Yeah but what difference does that make in their trade value now?
It probably shouldn't but I think it does. One has under achieved from what was expected of him. A lot of people equate under achievement with lack of effort or low IQ thus making that person less valuable than someone who has achieved the same but with less perceived talent.

Reactions: Peter Tagli Eddie

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
It probably shouldn't but I think it does. One has under achieved from what was expected of him. A lot of people equate under achievement with lack of effort or low IQ thus making that person less valuable than someone who has achieved the same but with less perceived talent.

I understand but at the end of the day, I think they have the same value, guys with problems (different problems but still problems). You can probably put Bennett on the same boat.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
I was thinking this exact same offer, I think it makes perfect sense from a Canucks standpoint, can’t speak for the Jets because they seem pretty good down the right side at least in their top 6.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
? If Virtanen is a bust then so is Bennett.
Yep... got that right. Bennett is. Plays great in the playoffs when the refs put their whistles in their pockets.. but in the regular season he's ineffective or worse... a liability. To be good Bennett needs to play on the edge.. like Tkachuk. Unfortuately, unlike Tkachuk, he keeps losing sight of that edge and falling off.
He's a bust. I hope he changes this season and proves me wrong.. but I don't think he will.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's pretty obvious what the Jets get out of it. A heavy winger that can score more goals than a typical third liner. It's honestly not clear yet where Roslovic fits, I'd think the Jets would need to add a 2nd or something here.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
But something I struggled with on this is, exactly how much does Roslovic want? Exactly, what is his issue?
No idea. Really both Virtanen and Raslovic aren’t difference makers, so it’s just moving around extra bits, right?

dedutchhockey

Dec 30, 2020
Jake needs a change of scenery. He is not surrounded by good people in his hometown.

I think he recognizes that which is why he spent the off season in Kelowna training with Tyler Meyers.

a change of scenery will do him well

Jets would have to add here. JV has speed and size and is good for 15-20 goals on a regular year. If he ever matured and becomes more professional, I wouldn’t be surprised if he had 1 or 2 25-30 goal season if given the opportunity in top 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->