Proposal: Roslovic for Cholowski

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Basing my idea on this :

Would Cholowski and a pick be enough to pry Roslovic out of Winnipeg?

It depends on what role Detroit sees for Roslovic. If his ceiling is as a defensive winger, I'm not giving up on Cholo for that. If they think he could develop into a 2C/3C with some offense, that's another conversation.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
LHD Dennis Cholowski and a 6th rdp.

for

C/RW Jack Roslovic.

Sounds legit. Easy move imo. Cholowski doesn't really have a future here imo. Just an easy move for a young mid liner. 25-40 point player, nothing real special but isn't terrible. Seems like an easy move for a guy that might be a career AHL'er. (Cholowski).

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It depends on what role Detroit sees for Roslovic. If his ceiling is as a defensive winger, I'm not giving up on Cholo for that. If they think he could develop into a 2C/3C with some offense, that's another conversation.

Roslovic problem has being left out from Jets offensive lines. He is an offensive player, playing at defensive lines. That's why he'll want to get traded.

Think we are missing those kind of guys, and have too much all kind of bottom6 crap. Could send Gagner to Jets at same package.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Roslovic looks to have some decent offensive potential. Here's his career stats. 14:54 TOI last year, 12 goals, 29 points.

Also one of his scouting reports from his draft year from the draft analyst. And another from the hockeywriters.

If he can be a 2nd/3rd line tweener capable of 40ish points then that's a win for whoever gets him. It wouldn't be hard to get rid of Gagner and/or Ryan to slot him in at the 3rd line RW. However, I don't think this is a move that happens for us.

Octopus

May 17, 2006
Sure, why not? I've given up on Cholowski. I don't think he's Yzerman's type of defenseman either.
Too early to give up on Cholowski IMO. Great skater with good offensive upside. Just needs more time to round out his defensive game. Wings have been hard on the youngsters coming up and he has the QB potential for the PP.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think Winnipeg fans won't like this trade. They are going to want something added to Cholowski based on what I remember from his demand request. I know they won't be making the trade, but Roslovic has stuck in the NHL, not in the role he would prefer but actually stuck on the roster. The Mittlestadt, Andersson, Cholo ect... guys aren't really Jack Roslovic.

I would do Cholo and our worst second round pick as a condition. Not sure Stevie would.

Reactions: Gniwder

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Too early to give up on Cholowski IMO. Great skater with good offensive upside. Just needs more time to round out his defensive game. Wings have been hard on the youngsters coming up and he has the QB potential for the PP.

I am one of the biggest Cholowski fans on the board. He has run out of time, unless he is blowing the doors off camp these first few days I just don't see it here. We don't have the support for him to learn his game without getting annihilated on a night to night basis. I think a great player is in there, he has great tools. But right now he cannot make consistent decisions, it gets you killed in the professional ranks. He didn't go anywhere either so we are basically just 11 months off for Cholowski by the time he hits the ice since he looks slated to be in the AHL group still. He needs more time but the reality is he needs to win a job and start improving now, the clock started ticking on him last year, it might be up with Yzerman, but the excuses certainly are up. It needs to be round and he certainly isn't a player I protect from trades, the right return and I wish Dennis luck elsewhere.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Same, I was a huge Cholowski proponent, although I'm not going to write him off completely until I see him this year. But he's going to need to show some major growth.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
LHD Dennis Cholowski and a 6th rdp.

for

C/RW Jack Roslovic.

Sounds legit. Easy move imo. Cholowski doesn't really have a future here imo. Just an easy move for a young mid liner. 25-40 point player, nothing real special but isn't terrible. Seems like an easy move for a guy that might be a career AHL'er. (Cholowski).
I would do this is a heartbeat, and throw in somebody like Helm or LGD with 50% retention or a higher pick.

Of course, everybody knows I'm not big on Cholo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad