Rosehill wins speed skating contest!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It was straight line speed though. It's still impressive especially for a guy like Rosehill (even though it shows in games that he's not a bad skater & has some decent speed).

If the do the full rink in a circle though I doubt he does as well. Coburn, Voracek, & Rinaldo would likely run away with that.

Calderone

old time hockey
Oct 18, 2008
Philly Metro Area
It was straight line speed though. It's still impressive especially for a guy like Rosehill (even though it shows in games that he's not a bad skater & has some decent speed).

If the do the full rink in a circle though I doubt he does as well. Coburn, Voracek, & Rinaldo would likely run away with that.

Good point!

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
From a technical standpoint, Braydon Coburn is the best skater on the team and it's not even close. His mechanics, edge-work and fluidity are phenomenal.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
A bigger shock is Schultz coming 2nd I reckon. He used to be a pretty great skater but when I saw him in Edmonton was not great.

Coburn, Voracek, Rinaldo, Raffl and Read are the 5 best skaters on the club though. Giroux would be up there if he was faster, great agility, balance, poise, acceleration. But no top end speed.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ferrell31 and Jango27 are just astoundingly stupid. I'm impressed that these idiots could figure out a way to post on the internet while stuck back in the 1970's.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
the Flyers need to get bigger and faster and play with a snarl. enough Euro-sissies. Goodbye Timonen, get rid of Voracek, Coburn, Giroux, Streit, Akeson (another smurf). we need Dustin Brown mentality.

Oh my.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I thought the homophobic gay bar comment was the most informational comment of all.

Yeah, that was an incredibly stupid comment, but it was a comment made to be stupid on purpose. The other ones are ideas that people actually think make sense, that's what's so absurd and frustrating about them.

CanadianSniper

Nov 11, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Wouldn't have called Rosehill being the fastest, though it is just top end speed, doesn't really include agility and whatnot, still surprising.
And yeah, those guys in the comments section are absolute morons ahaha I can't even imagine being that brain dead.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Well, it's a good thing for Coburn, Voracek and Rinaldo then that in games there are often situations where players chase the puck not in a straight line, but rather by going around full circle :nod: :)

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Ahh yes. Dont take the troll comments seriously . I visit philly.com during the day (for news stuff). The NWO guy is from Pittsburgh if I am not mistaken. He trolls every single article on philly.com. I remember he was saying some stuff on a charity article a few weeks ago.

Ferrell and Jango might be the same person (or they know eachother) I think I remember seeing them a few times supporting eachother in other articles. Might be on an Eagles one.

In the end do not take it seriously. Philly.com has a lot of trolls. They actually have some decent local articles on there but there are a ton of people that hate on everything that gets posted. Like the NWO guy I have seen multiple times. People other there know he just trolls.

But on the actual article, dont care how fast he is, he should barely ever see the ice ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad